Octavis (Extreme)

Octavis (Extreme)

Postby Helel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Good day everyone!
I play on the american servers but i always see videos of innova and stuff and some of them are about the forementioned boss Octavis on it's extreme challenge mode.

The europeans apparently have no difficulties on passing the 2nd stage of extreme octavis (where truckloads of cursed mobs appear) as they "tame" them to attack octavis and do the dirty job themselves like on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSt1XClkCk&list=LLg-lYLT2xB5CDvXqkRIIXoA

Apparently it involves trying to make octavis use one of it's skills to make them turn against himself... But me and my old clan tried with no avail doing that on the american one so i wondered... Are those servers (the american and european) exactly the same or are there differences? Have any of you actually succeded on doing this (making the cursed mobs turn against octavis) on the american servers?

Ty all have a nice day =)
Helel

Re: Octavis (Extreme)

Postby Laby » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Innnova was known to have more bugs than the US version few years ago. Considering the video is old (September 2012), it's prolly either an old bug, or a bug which have been fixed.

I guess it had something to do with archer using the skill to transfer aggro when Octavis is using one of his skills.
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Hax » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm

pretty sure it worked on US version too.

Anyways it was fixed already long ago.
Point was just to make Octavis unleash an aoe after he killed you.
The aoe will attack only the minions and there was a certain chance they atk octavis a while.

did it myself a while but fixed.
Hax

Postby Helel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 pm

I see... Then i guess the only way now would be trying to make all mobs busy... But i had to make sure it wasn't possible right now so i thank you for your answers =)
I guess a competent archer (or 2) could do it... They have low speed so it's all about keeping them constantly chasing you while you shoot them... Or something like that.
Helel

Postby Hax » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 pm

dont even try to kite them.
Best tactic from what i saw last time (we didnt manage tho cuz we tried to kite) is to kill right after they spawn.
AT LEAST all cursed mobs should be killed right on spawn.
The rest can be crowd controlled.

also dont try without at least 3-4 parties.
Hax

Postby Draecke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 pm

kill cursed and crowd control with 2 decent tanks that have a dedicated healer on them..
Draecke

Postby Helel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 am

On the last attempt at it that i participated we tried to use a tank to keep the mobs busy but since he couldn't get close enough to agro them a 2nd time without dying he just ran around w/ all of them... At some point they began to abandon him and go after the parties and then ofc things gone pretty bad after that point.
Our DPS was pretty strong (we had 5 parties) but we only had one trustworthy tank to control them (the others were kinda... Not so able) so i thought about kiting them w/ a good archer (at least for keeping them busy) while he goes around since he has some high ranged AoE skills he could use them as a mean to make the mobs continuously aggressive towards him.
OFC that was just a theory and right now i switched clans so it's been more than a month since i last tried it but i couldn't get that off my head though...
Helel

Postby Helel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 am

Draecke wrote:kill cursed and crowd control with 2 decent tanks that have a dedicated healer on them..

But do they continuously spawn or it's just a single swarm?
Helel

Postby Alarion » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 am

they continuously spawn...
Alarion

Postby Hax » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 pm

like alarion said.
They constantly spawn and you need a few DD's to keep them down (they die fairly fast).
The rest like Draecke said you need to crowd control.
If the tank cant stay alive then get him some more QHP or get a good healer.
Other than that you can always mass sleep or mass root (or hero fear) the mobs so the tank can aggro again.
Hax

Next

Return to Archive