Secreet normal bow/xbow hit resist with Lindvior?

Secreet normal bow/xbow hit resist with Lindvior?

Postby DarkToy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I asked this on l2 boards but they are all retarded. And Juju have no guts to awnser this.

Look at those two screens:

Anyone can tell me why on pagans I crit harder then my pinpoint and with ALL other mobs(gog is just an example) pinpoint hits harder then crits?
I noticed that since Lindvior came out, and nothing explains it. No math from new stances sum it up.
My best shot is that they wanna change archers play style from normal crits to skill use, and added this secret normal hit resist, but forgot to add it in pagans. It was never like this before Lindvior.

Could be a boost to skill dmg? I think not.. my crits are always lower than before Lindvior on overall, which I blame new instances effects for.

Any thoughts?
DarkToy

Re: Secreet normal bow/xbow hit resist with Lindvior?

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Have you tried other weapons to see if its natural critical damage reduction?
KnightOfDarkness

Postby DarkToy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:52 pm

No because I have no skills for weapons of other type. And this observation comes from the dmg I was used to do as archer before Lindvior and the damage Im doing now.
I cant measure cause I never hit mobs with anything but bows before Lindvior.

I used to crit almost 2x harder on raids even without br/mindeye than with pinpoint. Pinpoint only did more dmg when crited with bullseye.
Now my crits do same dmg with br/mindeye as pinpoint. When pinpoint crits does 2x dmg that my crits do with br/mindeye.

At 1st I tought it was because of the instance effect changes. Even if the loss in p.atck/crit dmg woldnt low it up the crits that much. (plus crip atk does 40% now and devils way is landing on raids)
But when I saw it going all the other way with pagans mobs I knew I wasnt wrong.
DarkToy

Postby ImBored » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:48 am

is ur weapon holy?
ImBored

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:54 am

Doesn't matter on the element or the weapon resistance as they'll do roughly the same difference on any mob. The only thing that would cause a difference is critical damage resistance.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Sabotin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 am

Can you check on some other mob with the "heavy armor type" attribute? It might be that that thing gives a static number, which is unaffected by the PPS "ignores 30% of P. Def", making it do decreased damage compared to normal hits.

After Lindvior I'd expect skills to do more damage than critical hits, especially with a crossbow, so it seems even more than the upper picture is the anomaly.
Sabotin

Postby DarkToy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm

ImBored wrote:is ur weapon holy?

Yes but dosent justify the huge difference.
DarkToy

Postby DarkToy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Sabotin wrote:Can you check on some other mob with the "heavy armor type" attribute? It might be that that thing gives a static number, which is unaffected by the PPS "ignores 30% of P. Def", making it do decreased damage compared to normal hits.

After Lindvior I'd expect skills to do more damage than critical hits, especially with a crossbow, so it seems even more than the upper picture is the anomaly.

Yes I tested that yesterday and its the same thing. Gonna post screens later today.
DarkToy

Postby Draecke » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:22 pm

it's either the hvy armor versus robes armor on the npc's or the boost in crit damage you get when your accuracy is much higher then the evasion of the NPC you're hitting or something like that ^^"
Draecke

Return to Archive