Tauti weapon VS R99 pvp wepon

Re: Tauti weapon VS R99 pvp wepon

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm

No I mean, during the tax campaign, Rune and Aden can be sieged and the owners can be removed if they are in a Dark Castle. If Aden and Rune are both Dark then any other castle that is dark can be sieged as well. I'm not talking about the 30% taxes.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Elmar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Ah, you mean where you kill the Dark Chamberlain! Those quests (어둠의 물든 성 ‘빛의 수호자’ 편/"Castle of Darkness, Guardian of Light Chapter" and 어둠의 물든 성 ‘해방 편/"Castle of Darkness, Liberation Chapter") are removed with Epeisodion:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%EC% ... B8#hd96365

Compare:
http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/patch-n ... /#Darkness
Elmar

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

So territory wars are gone and dark castle sieges are gone...
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Elmar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:46 am

The Tax Campaigns and Dark Castle Sieges have always been controversial in Korea; neither Castle Lords nor Attackers were happy with how difficult or easy it was to complete the Campaigns and what the rewards were worth in comparison with the tax revenue you could get from a Dark Castle:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.p ... =390&l=932
(note the number of comments under the article)

I think their removal has something to do with the Dimensional Sieges. You can only participate in that activity when your clan is holding a Castle on your home server, and in order to get a good reward like a Dark Amaranthine Enhancement Stone you must hold a Castle on the battlefield server several times in a row. When you check the Castle Control Maps that Vein puts at the end of his Siege Reports, you will see that the Korean servers are well balanced, with Castles constantly changing hands. He mentions several times that a clan like Warsmith (one of the main suppliers of PvP videos) has lost their Castle and can now not participate in the upcoming Dimensional Siege. Removing the Dark Castle Sieges is probably an attempt by the developers to bring a bit more stability to the servers, trying to counteract the merry coalition-making and backstabbing the Korean clans are engaged in :D
Elmar

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 am

I wish they brought back territory wars and do something about the dark cloaks which have done more harm than good to the servers. At least let the royals gaurds wear them as well so they stop whining
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Alarion » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 pm

KnightOfDarkness wrote:I wish they brought back territory wars and do something about the dark cloaks which have done more harm than good to the servers. At least let the royals gaurds wear them as well so they stop whining

Actually i see also many advantages of those limited cloaks for ppl in main clan for good big organised clan. For us it is working liek kind of reward for clan events active CP, and posibility to punish some CP not by kicking them, but for example remove temporary some cloaks from them. The only thing i regreat is these cloaks working on Oly...

Campaign itself was patethic from 1 simple reason: You are not able to kill this NPC. Why? Because of retarded stupid tactic "keep spamming open / close doors". Doesnt matter how big zerg you have, only few parties can defend their castle in very easy way.
Alarion

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Alarion wrote:
KnightOfDarkness wrote:I wish they brought back territory wars and do something about the dark cloaks which have done more harm than good to the servers. At least let the royals gaurds wear them as well so they stop whining

Actually i see also many advantages of those limited cloaks for ppl in main clan for good big organised clan. For us it is working liek kind of reward for clan events active CP, and posibility to punish some CP not by kicking them, but for example remove temporary some cloaks from them. The only thing i regreat is these cloaks working on Oly...

Campaign itself was patethic from 1 simple reason: You are not able to kill this NPC. Why? Because of retarded stupid tactic "keep spamming open / close doors". Doesnt matter how big zerg you have, only few parties can defend their castle in very easy way.

Well when they first came out, on my server anyway, we had many of the new generation players who just wanted everything handed to them like the path of awakening. And people will literally jump to any clan in a castle for a spot in main clan. Thankfully we got rid of most of those type of players but I'm pretty sure other clans still have to deal with that nonsense.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Sabotin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm

You know, I actually noticed that when you take a pvp fort, everyone in the clan gets the dark/light bonus (usualy castle owning main clan) and the fortress pvp bonus (usualy part of light/dark cloak).
Sabotin

Postby ZeroX » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Sabotin wrote:You know, I actually noticed that when you take a pvp fort, everyone in the clan gets the dark/light bonus (usualy castle owning main clan) and the fortress pvp bonus (usualy part of light/dark cloak).

yup, when my clan got castle and we were lvl 9, we essentially got all "weaker" lol cause we were owning all time western fort with pvp passive, we went very fast to 11, but the other peopel outside of main clan are still weaker...
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Sabotin, do you still play? Or are you on/off?
KnightOfDarkness

PreviousNext

Return to Archive