Ertheia

Ertheia

Postby Elmar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

On occasion of the 10th anniversary of Lineage 2, the Arteia resp. Ertheia have been revealed:

여긴 도대체 어디인거지....

안녕하세요. 리니지2 가족 여러분!

리니지2의 열 번째 생일을 맞이하여 세계관 속에서만 존재하던 '아르테이아'의 일러스트가 최초 공개되었습니다.

앞으로 지속적으로 아르테이아의 준비된 모습을 보여드릴 예정이오니 많은 사랑과 관심 부탁 드립니다.

고맙습니다.

http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/board/l2on ... eId=558375

Edit by Laby : Image rehosted on a French server

Shortcuts :
    - Planned features of the update (weapons, vehicles ...) Post
    - Only two classes, both for soloing and support in mass PvP Post
    - Official Name for the Arteia update : The Epic Tale of Aden - Strangers from another Dimension. PTS on November 27 Post
    - Korean Preview website and two videos featuring the new classes Post
    - The english name will be Ertheia, not Arteias Post
    - First Patch note for Ertheia PTS : 27/11/2013 Post
    - Two more stats added for all characters : CHA (charism) and LUC (luck) Post
Elmar

Re: Ertheia

Postby Laby » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

There is some potential there : tons of old and new lore to go

Fingers crossed !
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Laby » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am

A bit of Lore information regarding the Arteias (should we stick to the englih localization, or by the Korean name with english letters ?)

Sayha instilled the spirit of wind into the fourth form. This is how the race of arteias was created.

The winged race of arteias was freedom-loving and possessed undying curiosity. Giants wanted to capture and subjugate the free-flying creatures, but as soon as an arteia was locked up in a cage, it quickly lost its strength and died. Giants were left with no choice but to allow the arteias to fly free. The arteias visited the city of giants to give them news from other parts of the world.

http://legacy.lineage2.com/background/legends02.html

The elves decided to seek help from the race of the wind - the arteias. Their reconnaissance skills and aerial attacks would be sufficient aid for the elves to triumph over the orcs. An elven delegation traveled to the ends of the earth to seek the help of the arteias.

"Race of the wind, come to our aid! The barbarian orcs are oppressing us with their sheer might. Let us join together and teach them their foolishness!"

But, as always, the arteias were not interested in the politics or wars of the earth. They determined to take neither side and hid themselves deeper in the inlands. The elves despaired.

http://legacy.lineage2.com/background/legends08.html

Turned down by the pragmatic Dwarves and neutral Arteias, the Elves were left with no allies to wage war against the orcs.

http://legacy.lineage2.com/background/legends09.html
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 am

Wooooow its been so many years since I heard of this race.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Laby » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 am

For once, people are not talking abouts automated characters in the comments.

Some are speculating that It will be a class able to Jump. I have few doubts, since one class able to jump and not the others seems unbalanced pvp wise (harder to click on target ?)
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:44 am

I see it being another low CON race like the kamael were as well as low STR but high dex and wit. Another elf race with wings basically. And I don't think jumping will be that bad considering you only need to target it once and I doubt they'll be able to rapidly jump up and down nor for too high of a distance if they can even jump in the first place. Also i've yet to encounter anything more annoying to target than a female dwarf rogue with clones. >.<
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Xanvial » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm

I hope it won't be like kamael when they first introduced, really overpower compared to other classes for a few patches.
Anyways, really glad they decided to continue lore with old materials. Unlike some lore recently ( like Arcan city, which i never heard before).
Xanvial

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Oddly enough. The kamael were introduced as a pvp efficient race. But when the first came out they were awful! They could onky wear light armor. Heals were only half effective. They couldn't use skills without souls and could only gather souls by killing mobs. They could only hold souls gor 10 minutes. Their CON was so low that you could stun lock them forever. They just sucked badly. It was after kamael 1.5 hellbound is when they STARTED on the path to being brokenly OP.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Draecke » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 pm

I wonder if this really means we're getting a new race with classes to chose from or if it's going to be like when they introduced Vampires to the game which in the end was just added npc mobs to the forest of the dead ^^"
Draecke

Postby teezaken » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 pm

i always wanted a race built around the holy attribute something like an angel dunno if the lore has sth. like that but i would want it although from the pic at least the Ertheis look like a mix of angels and elves so well hope its playable :D
teezaken

Next

Return to Archive