Ertheia

Re: Ertheia

Postby Pretume » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:27 am

Yes but it is L2 and its mechanics to blame. Players, as any human, seek for shortcuts to make the life easier and more convenient. And if a game allows it they'll do it and there is nothing that can be done.

Only a total reformulation of game mechanics-classes could change the situation and make 2+ boxes a difficulty-unworthy task, inducing players to play only one char and look for other players to accomplish tougher challenges and it is a matter of years of development and some millions of investiment and it will never happen.
Pretume

Postby SirBash » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 am

Pretume wrote:Yes but it is L2 and its mechanics to blame. Players, as any human, seek for shortcuts to make the life easier and more convenient. And if a game allows it they'll do it and there is nothing that can be done.

Only a total reformulation of game mechanics-classes could change the situation and make 2+ boxes a difficulty-unworthy task, inducing players to play only one char and look for other players to accomplish tougher challenges and it is a matter of years of development and some millions of investiment and it will never happen.

This aspect of L2 is actually my favorite part. In some games you are unable to do much wwithout finding a party and in most games you will find lots of people to party with but most will really suck and drag down the party.

That Titan is basically solo. His damage killed the raid alone. The other boxes are for buffs and debuffs only. He could have solod Tauti just duo with a single iss.. It would have just taken 50 percent or so longer.
SirBash

Postby EclecicGroove » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

SirBash wrote:This aspect of L2 is actually my favorite part. In some games you are unable to do much wwithout finding a party and in most games you will find lots of people to party with but most will really suck and drag down the party.

That Titan is basically solo. His damage killed the raid alone. The other boxes are for buffs and debuffs only. He could have solod Tauti just duo with a single iss.. It would have just taken 50 percent or so longer.

Not a guarantee. Without crit wound and the multiple BR's in addition to the iss debuffs he may not have been able to last. Tauti doesn't exactly hit that hard, but if he survived till he started getting heals it would have been much more problematic. That extra crit damage on top of a stacked titans damage + br is a pretty hefty DPS increase.

But I do agree with you that it's awesome to be able to figure out things in this game. And I hate it when you find a way to make something work via a ton of trial and effort, only to have NC turn around and obliterate it the next update.
EclecicGroove

Postby Illogical » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 pm

EclecicGroove wrote:But I do agree with you that it's awesome to be able to figure out things in this game. And I hate it when you find a way to make something work via a ton of trial and effort, only to have NC turn around and obliterate it the next update.

Still not as impressive as the Russian Titan that figured out the correct buff stack to kill Tiat in 4seconds. That buff stack, doing over 1m damage per hit, is way more impressive as the damage Tyrr Titans are doing at the moment. But luckily (and maybe sadly) these mechanics are gone.
Illogical

Postby troomar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Illogical: Is that buff sequence somehow connected to the bug with buff sequence and incredible damage to bosses that were discovered and fixed last week on Core server?
troomar

Postby Illogical » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 pm

troomar wrote:Illogical: Is that buff sequence somehow connected to the bug with buff sequence and incredible damage to bosses that were discovered and fixed last week on Core server?

Dunno, but a couple of years ago a Russian Titan figured out being buffed with Judicator, Shilien Templar and Divine Warrior Transformation buff, combined with Greater Fury, Frenzy and Two-Handed Blunt he was able to hit Tiat for over 1m a hit killing the boss in 4 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiBGZQlVS6w
Illogical

Postby EclecicGroove » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Illogical wrote:
troomar wrote:Illogical: Is that buff sequence somehow connected to the bug with buff sequence and incredible damage to bosses that were discovered and fixed last week on Core server?

Dunno, but a couple of years ago a Russian Titan figured out being buffed with Judicator, Shilien Templar and Divine Warrior Transformation buff, combined with Greater Fury, Frenzy and Two-Handed Blunt he was able to hit Tiat for over 1m a hit killing the boss in 4 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiBGZQlVS6w

We did that all the time back in the day.

Titan with out of clan domi (seal of limit) with risk focus dynasty crusher was it? The 2 handed blunt.
Full DC buffs + counter crit. COV + Appetite and CC the titan with a pally or SK in party proccing their party buff.
DoD the boss + thin skin, spite, hex, and oe'd mass hex cubic from a PS. I might be forgetting a couple as it's been awhile.

I think our titans maxed out the damage at something like 1.5 Million a swing. Basically tiat's life went down in 1/4hp chunks. We killed it a few seconds flat pretty often (unless someone screwed something up).

But that kind of DP isn't easy to do now as most of the raids are more tanky and lots of those debuffs don't work anymore.

I can hit epic tauti for about 160K with BR and the right procs going, but it's only a few seconds every few minutes that's even possible.
EclecicGroove

Postby SirBash » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Yeah I have hit epic Tauti for close to 500k. At least with the current debuff system you only need a few debuffs to max out damage. Imagine how much damage a Titan can do next chronicle with the new iss buffs and the new tank auras plus the new Titan buff.
SirBash

Postby EclecicGroove » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:41 pm

SirBash wrote:Yeah I have hit epic Tauti for close to 500k. At least with the current debuff system you only need a few debuffs to max out damage. Imagine how much damage a Titan can do next chronicle with the new iss buffs and the new tank auras plus the new Titan buff.

Yeah, you're a tyrr tho with a fairly nice weapon. I'm just an evicerator. :P

If I could get the adena together to finish off my character I'd probably be able to get to ~200k a swing under the right situation. It's just not cheap!

As for next update, who knows? They could screw a bunch of things up and make characters both more powerful and still do less damage overall.

I can see hitting tauti harder however, as eventually he's going to go green and people are going to start obliterating him. Same with Dim warp from what I understand. People start hitting 100+ and it starts making Dim a cakewalk.
EclecicGroove

Postby Draecke » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:01 pm

DW is already a cake walk with the right players... Naia failed the raid on 35 but give it time and they will kill it, am trying to get with them next try on my ISS as I'm one of the most stacked ISS players on Naia (only 1 is more stacked then me and we're in the same clan lolz) 8-)

I love titan players and get really tired of all the duelist ones as they think they're PVP gods which is a bad joke in the current age of Mage/2 shot daggers.. 1 vs 1 PVP is dead imo and even then dagger/sayha seer is better.
Last edited by Draecke on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draecke

PreviousNext

Return to Archive