Infinite Odyssey

Re: Infinite Odyssey

Postby langlang » Wed May 13, 2015 1:27 am

Ferine wrote:
Trensharo wrote:Yes, they basically restructured the XP tables so that if you want "normalized" (in L2 terms) rates you have to run at least a 50% XP Rune at all times. And that costs, ironically, the same as a $15/mo. subscription to the game, Lol.

They seem to have started to push it further out there in an effort to make more money in recent updates, though.

Removing the level cap is something they had to do eventually, since all the people who pay the most in the cash shop to level fastest were starting to hit level walls (99/99/80/80 and getting close to the AP Cap). If they didn't remove the level cap, they'd have seen a pretty steep drop off in L2Store revenue.

Actually the XP grind is just similar to what it was back in the day when they introduced level 80+ with no skills. It's horrible compared to what we're used to in god with vit etc, but it's just how the game used to be.

10t XP to 101 is actually very good from a game design standpoint. People want 101, they don't want 102.... quick to 101 means people just hit it as the new psychological level cap and stop bothering. At the moment there's lots of people out xping, lots of pvp and it's feeling a bit more like old L2 again. If it were just a case of being 101 in an instant then not needing to bother, then it wouldn't be like that. I hated it at first, now it makes sense.

Personally I think it's less about money and more of an experiment to see if making 101 too easy was an mistake on other servers.

we found a true believer.
langlang

Postby GirlyGirl » Fri May 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Does it finally work with windows 8.1?
(\(\
( ._.)
o_(")(")
GirlyGirl

Postby Trensharo » Fri May 15, 2015 5:09 pm

langlang wrote:
Ferine wrote:
Trensharo wrote:Yes, they basically restructured the XP tables so that if you want "normalized" (in L2 terms) rates you have to run at least a 50% XP Rune at all times. And that costs, ironically, the same as a $15/mo. subscription to the game, Lol.

They seem to have started to push it further out there in an effort to make more money in recent updates, though.

Removing the level cap is something they had to do eventually, since all the people who pay the most in the cash shop to level fastest were starting to hit level walls (99/99/80/80 and getting close to the AP Cap). If they didn't remove the level cap, they'd have seen a pretty steep drop off in L2Store revenue.

Actually the XP grind is just similar to what it was back in the day when they introduced level 80+ with no skills. It's horrible compared to what we're used to in god with vit etc, but it's just how the game used to be.

10t XP to 101 is actually very good from a game design standpoint. People want 101, they don't want 102.... quick to 101 means people just hit it as the new psychological level cap and stop bothering. At the moment there's lots of people out xping, lots of pvp and it's feeling a bit more like old L2 again. If it were just a case of being 101 in an instant then not needing to bother, then it wouldn't be like that. I hated it at first, now it makes sense.

Personally I think it's less about money and more of an experiment to see if making 101 too easy was an mistake on other servers.

we found a true believer.

Sure have.

Back in the day they put huge XP walls up at level breakpoints because they didn't invest in any content for those level ranges. When the level cap was 80 there were no level 79 or 80 skills, but level 79 was 5x level 78 and there were almost no level 80 zones (unless you want to count IT and FoG). The used the XP walls to artificially control how fast players progressed, so they they had more time to develop the content out. It wasn't until Interlude that they added the 79 and 80 skills, which ironically came with new 79+ leveling zones and then they tweaked things like the XP tables, SP Costs on skills, etc.

What they're doing now is completely different. They aren't putting up walls to stifle progression to buy themselves development time. They're basically increasing XP requirements to drive L2Store revenue because with faster leveling there is no incentive to "subscribe" to those Rune Packs, buy Runes to Stack, or buy a ton of XP/Vitality Potions.

The difference in XP Requirements is purely a business decision, to fuel revenue generation. I don't even really care if Ferine is fine with the XP Requirements because my point had nothing to do with whether or not someone. It was about the rationale behind it.
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby Trensharo » Fri May 15, 2015 5:13 pm

GirlyGirl wrote:Does it finally work with windows 8.1?

It's always worked with Windows 8.1. If it doesn't for you, then the issue is not the Operating System or the Game. Something is off in your specific installation or on your PC.

I've been plahyign the game on Windows 8.x since the day it was released and literally never had an issue. I was 3 boxing across 3 different Windows 8.x PCs/Notebooks at one time and had literally no issues with the game - ever, since they put out the compatibility patch YEARS ago (weeks after Windows 8.0 released).
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby GirlyGirl » Sat May 16, 2015 7:14 am

Trensharo wrote:
GirlyGirl wrote:Does it finally work with windows 8.1?

It's always worked with Windows 8.1. If it doesn't for you, then the issue is not the Operating System or the Game. Something is off in your specific installation or on your PC.

I've been plahyign the game on Windows 8.x since the day it was released and literally never had an issue. I was 3 boxing across 3 different Windows 8.x PCs/Notebooks at one time and had literally no issues with the game - ever, since they put out the compatibility patch YEARS ago (weeks after Windows 8.0 released).

Yeeaaaaah, no. Turn other applications off, then you will see it still doesn't work with windows 8.1, as gg refuses to work on that OS
(\(\
( ._.)
o_(")(")
GirlyGirl

Postby quarkba » Sat May 16, 2015 8:54 am

I am playing with Windows 8 and 8.1 for a long long time now with maybe 2 crashes in total of the game in that period.. Definitely it is not about windows 8.1 but the rest of applications running on your PC.
quarkba

Postby GirlyGirl » Sat May 16, 2015 9:12 am

There is nothing els running on PC besides what was running on win7 and L2 worked just fine
(\(\
( ._.)
o_(")(")
GirlyGirl

Postby Elmar » Sat May 16, 2015 11:33 am

The official forum is down at the moment; after logging in I just get a white screen, so I can't search. But if I remember correctly, someone posted that Raptr caused major problems and should be turned off when trying to play Lineage 2.
Elmar

Postby Laby » Sun May 17, 2015 7:15 pm

GirlyGirl wrote:There is nothing els running on PC besides what was running on win7 and L2 worked just fine

I am also running Lineage II on Windows 8.1 since several months without any problem. Sorry to tell you that there should be a conflict somewhere with your programs
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby caelir » Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm

There are many reasons why it may not run on your pc. I have personally also been running L2 for a long time On Windows 8.
Are you using a legitimate copy of Windows? Try reinstalling and see if that works.
caelir

PreviousNext

Return to Archive