Lineage Eternal

Re: Lineage Eternal Worldwide Global Release KR/US! (more in

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:10 am

Illogical wrote:Oh dude, your whole old SH lot that is still in Naia plays Dota and only is back on L2 for siege, raid farm and ceremony/oly. At one point Figga even was looking for people for his fixed Dota party using hero voice.

But maybe on L2 it's not that much, but just go check onto BDO, Tera, AA and even L2 forums, you can pick out the MOBA players almost instantly because they have not even the slightest idea what basic MMO gameplay elements are. And since they are playing MMO's a lot more these days, dev teams (as Pretume said already) adjust their games, or atleast localisations, to the common (dumb) man in order to sell as many copies as possible instead of bringing something unique. And thank god, Lineage II is still something unique.

If I remember correctly, Laby was also playing League of Legends for some time. There is nothing wrong with that - DrachaVonDrachen is for example a passionate chess player, but he keeps chess and Lineage 2 clearly separated. The problems only arise when players of other games are trying to change L2 into those games. Remember, the developers spectacularly failed when they attempted to turn Lineage 2 into a kind of "Aion with vintage graphics" :D
Elmar

Postby Laby » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:26 am

Elmar wrote:
Illogical wrote:Oh dude, your whole old SH lot that is still in Naia plays Dota and only is back on L2 for siege, raid farm and ceremony/oly. At one point Figga even was looking for people for his fixed Dota party using hero voice.

But maybe on L2 it's not that much, but just go check onto BDO, Tera, AA and even L2 forums, you can pick out the MOBA players almost instantly because they have not even the slightest idea what basic MMO gameplay elements are. And since they are playing MMO's a lot more these days, dev teams (as Pretume said already) adjust their games, or atleast localisations, to the common (dumb) man in order to sell as many copies as possible instead of bringing something unique. And thank god, Lineage II is still something unique.

If I remember correctly, Laby was also playing League of Legends for some time. There is nothing wrong with that - DrachaVonDrachen is for example a passionate chess player, but he keeps chess and Lineage 2 clearly separated. The problems only arise when players of other games are trying to change L2 into those games. Remember, the developers spectacularly failed when they attempted to turn Lineage 2 into a kind of "Aion with vintage graphics" :D

I indeed play League of Legends from time to time, but as a casual level since I started playing not-so-casually at EvE Online. There are players playing both type of games, but due to the time needed to be good in any of both games I believe it quite hard to meet people excelling at both. A day is only 24 hours and you can only fill a fixed amount of hours with video games
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Illogical » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Elmar wrote:If I remember correctly, Laby was also playing League of Legends for some time. There is nothing wrong with that - DrachaVonDrachen is for example a passionate chess player, but he keeps chess and Lineage 2 clearly separated. The problems only arise when players of other games are trying to change L2 into those games. Remember, the developers spectacularly failed when they attempted to turn Lineage 2 into a kind of "Aion with vintage graphics" :D

Exactly, but the problem is, some dev teams are so afraid of becoming yet another failed MMO that they'll listen to their (potential) players, and only the players that dislike certain aspects cry the hardest. So therefore they change it because if for every voice there are 100 that think the same.

With the downfall of L2, me and my co-CL's are already looking into possibilities to move the whole clan to a new game. Tera was an option but we didn't go cause no end-game, L2Classic got kicked off for the reason that nobody wanted to play the class they love, because they remember how hard it was playing certain classes (spoiler, summoner, prophet, overlord) in C2. BDO can swing both ways at the moment, but as I said; I'm still afraid of the influence of WoW-tards and MOBA-scum had on the Daum Europe team nerfing a lot of essential gameplay. L:E is still the utopian of next-Lineage for many of us.

It's impossible to duplicate a MMO like Lineage (2). It doesn't fit in modern times any more due to imbalanced gameplay, 9/10 activities being so RNG, no instant reward. I guess the only games out there that still are on that ranking are EVE and EverQuest. Having a steep leveling and learning curve, having to work for your stuff. And sadly, that doesn't work for Americans and Europeans. Only the Asians and the Russians are up for that.
Illogical

Postby BergEr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:16 pm

From when I was in SH I remember <5 that played dota and like 5-6 ppl that played LoL.
Which is kinda nothing for a 200~ member clan.
Similar numbers in TeddyBears on Luna iirc.
Swarm had some player iirc.

Maybe the games have picked up speed in L2 crowds etc, been a while since I played L2 :)

WoW players will destroy MMOs though, if a quest takes 15min its a long and grindy quest.
The game throws everything at you and still ppl say its hard/grindy =D
And ofc devs that try to copy it without realising that most things in WoW is shit

PS. I have thousands of hours in dota/hon/dota2 :d
BergEr

Postby Pretume » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:08 pm

If they make Eternal closer to Lineage 1 than post-WoW MMOs, I bet they can have a much more profitable game in the long term than if they try to copy and past WoW elements. Lineage 1 still makes 40%+ of their revenue and it should be the game that should inspire LE.
Pretume

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Elmar wrote:
Illogical wrote:
The Closed Beta for Korea, Taiwan and Japan refers onyl to MxM, as does the Open Beta in the second half of 2016. About Lineage Eternal there is so far only known that there will be a Closed Beta Test in the first half of 2016. No territories are named.

Was kinda confusing since they (or atleast the translate) has a very clear Lineage Eternal 'and' MxM stated.

That's right. The problem is that those are basically two sentences that the Inven journalists should have better separated with a full stop instead of a comma:

Q. 엔씨소프트의 신작 런칭 스케쥴의 전반적인 소개를 부탁한다.

상반기 중에 '리니지이터널'의 CBT가 예정되어 있고, 'MXM'은 1, 2분기 사이에 한국, 대만, 일본에서 CBT. 이후 하반기에는 OBT를 진행한다. 중국의 경우에도 3분기 이내에 테스트에 들어갈 것이라고 예상하고 있다

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=151237

Q.: Could you please give us a comprehensive overview about the launching schedule of NCsoft's new products.

A.: For the first half of the year we have scheduled the Closed Beta Test of "Lineage Eternal". As far as MxM is concerned, there will be a Closed Beta Test in Korea, Taiwan and Japan in the first or second fiscal quarter of this year. After that we will have an Open Beta Test in the second half of this year. For China we have also scheduled some testing - we will probably start on that during the third fiscal quarter.

Maybe this will give a clue as to what "Global Release" means in an NCsoft context:
http://mxm.plaync.com/event/sa/p2016/16 ... pply/index

From March 9 to March 22 there will be a Global Test for MxM (application period is February 17 to March 1), but you need a plaync account to apply for test participation (the small print at the bottom of the page). So "Global" means "for all Koreans, no matter whether they live in Seoul or Busan, and even those who study Traditional Chinese Medicine in Shanghai, but not for big-nosed wombles" :D
Elmar

Postby Pretume » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 am

It seems that a Korean Lineage 1 streamer received invites for the beta test of LE. So soon the CBT will be announced I suppose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageEternal/comments/4aga3d/invites_were_sent/
Pretume

Postby BlakeSmith » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 pm

still no news?
BlakeSmith

Postby Elmar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:02 pm

The first half of 2016 (2016년 상반기) will end on June 30 (for business purposes Koreans use the Western solar calendar), so they still have two months time :)

For news you can from time to time check this:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/
To get a grip on the chaos, you best hit CTRL + F and then search for 이터널 (how "Eternal" is spelled in Korean).
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Fri May 13, 2016 8:07 am

Update:
The Closed Beta Test for Lineage Eternal has been postponed to the end of the 3rd fiscal quarter (3분기 말), i.e. September 2016:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive