Shadow of Light

Re: Shadow of Light

Postby Elmar » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Dworgul wrote:Now it was, nerf of Adena amount drop or nerf of normal drop? Because the patch notes just write about Adena drop nerf.

Adena amount drop.
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 am

Elmar wrote:
Kahwi wrote:... My other question is from the photos and videos aired for the purple color set, saying that it is Lindvior set, others call Odyssey Set, which would indeed? prorpaganda for something that will come?

What was introduced as "Lindvior Armor" at an event in Japan some years ago is still not in the game. At the moment the developers are concentrating on increasing not P.Def. but M.Def., and not via items like Jewelry (the Korean players have voted with 69% vs. 31% against more items), but via an increased M.Def. factor in passive skills:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
(about 3/4 down the page, under the picture of the Unicorns)

Lemme hook back on this... Any clue yet on how this will be executed? We (my CP) was discussing this last night and the only way we could see this happening is having a nice M.Def boost with +30 Passive Skills, because changing all Passive Skills to include a M.Def stat is something NCSoft most likely will not do. Because 1) they rarely even retouch/fix Passive Skills 2) there is no Adena pulled from server this way, 3) doesn't add game play. So if it's just the effect of +30 Passive Skills it's only something the well botted will achieve because they'll have the Adena to burn and the no hands ways to gain the SP from farming DW 24/7.
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 am

It is possible that on Wednesday, when the Christmas events end in Korea and regular operations resume, we will know more. For now I can only tell you that Chief Developer Gang Jeong-won has indeed spoken about passive skills (패시브 스킬), and from context it seems that he did not mean this loosely for "stats" but really as the Mastery passives of a class:
클래스의 패시브 스킬은 클래스의 방향성에 맞게 구성됩니다 ... - "The passive skills of of a class are designed in a way so that they match the role of that class ..."

As far as the +30 skill enchants are concernd, those never made it beyond the PTS. After player protests, the maximum enchant value for skills was reduced to +20 on August 27:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=590256
(about halfway down the page)
Elmar

Postby Sabotin » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 am

Passives that already give M.Def. will be buffed, so that instead of being useless they give a sizeable increase. For example Iss' Superior Anti Magic will instead of 139 give 776 M.Def.

Or we're talking about a further increase in mdef in the future by some other means?
Sabotin

Postby Elmar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:54 am

The time line is not clear. From the wording I can't really tell you whether Gang Jeong-won meant something he already did and which has already been implemented in Korea at the time of the interview, or it is something he already did and which will be implemented in the next update (which seems to be already finished, just awaiting release).

I personally think that this paragraph probably refers to things like the Iss' Superior Anti Magic giving 776 M.Def. instead of 139, with an option on further boosting in the future along the same lines/by the same method. Gang Jeong-won was speaking about the developers' "ideology" - right now M.Def. boosting is en vogue :)
Elmar

Postby Dworgul » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:42 am

I did read an interview, it was linked to somewhere here on rochand, the chief developer gave the interview to Russian players.

There he talked about, that they plan to introduce more weapons (not stronger just more type with different abilities), they plan to reactive the Catacombs as hunting grounds, boost the craft system and solve the issue, that Command Channel members won't be able to hit each others and many other things.

Elmar how do you see, is it possible, that these contents will release in this update or it could be just plan to 2-3 updates later?
Dworgul

Postby Laby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Dworgul wrote:I did read an interview, it was linked to somewhere here on rochand, the chief developer gave the interview to Russian players.

There he talked about, that they plan to introduce more weapons (not stronger just more type with different abilities), they plan to reactive the Catacombs as hunting grounds, boost the craft system and solve the issue, that Command Channel members won't be able to hit each others and many other things.

Elmar how do you see, is it possible, that these contents will release in this update or it could be just plan to 2-3 updates later?

Prolly in several updates
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Illogical » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:42 pm

With the loads of updates just mentioned here, I expect NCWest receiving an update pack again combining multiply patches.
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:23 am

I think so too. Take a look at the update list at the bottom of this page:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... %ED%8A%B81

Under "Epic Tale of Aden" there is one row of updates with "Ertheia" (차원의 이방인들), "Infinite Odyssey: Prelude to the Journey" (인피니트 오디세이: 여정의 서막) and "Infinite Odyssey" (인피니트 오디세이). Below that is the second row with "Shadow of Light Part 1" (빛의 그림자 파트1).
So I guess the cut-off point will be after Odyssey 3, and "Shadow of Light" comes in the next batch, maybe together with "New Guardian" :)
Elmar

Postby Ferine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Going back to Summoners what I've always wondered is does the "Item Transfer" buff in Infinite Odyssey transfer boss jewel effects (crit dmg, crit rate etc) or PURELY Bloody/Dark.

With the Shadow Of Light changes I'm assuming it's purely bloody/dark and summoners still suck in Infinite Odyssey.
Erica -> Bartz -> Chronos
Domi -> 103/100/80/80 Aeore/Wynn, 102/100 Evisc, 101 ISS, 100/99 Feoh/Yul + More
Ferine

PreviousNext

Return to Archive