Shadow of Light

Re: Shadow of Light

Postby Pretume » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Elmar wrote:There are no player comments about the Summoner changes that I am aware of. The fact that there is no public outcry means either that tha changes are ok (Summoners not complaining) but not overpowered (other classes not complaining), or, more probably, that people simply don't care any more and have quietly moved on to other games :)

I also can't find and korean youtube channel that updates videos from L2, Elmar do you know any? L1 has lots of channels on youtube that are updated every day, I like to watch those 2 channels that serve as a nostalgia killer for me:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFT-Dz063FVDE2Nz9ncI30w

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmH2NfOQzo7zXEI4awbN-PA
Pretume

Postby EclecicGroove » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:12 pm

KnightOfDarkness wrote:
Quick question, what's your mdef and hp at?

At the time it was before the brooch jewels and a bunch of other stuff. I would have been at around 60k or so hp/cp combined with ~4-6k mdef depending on buffs/aura and what jewels I had equipped.

Was the only time it happened (was ishmilla), as it requires a lot of consecutive crits, but he could still consistently get me from full hp to ~15-45% hp with just marks. A few others could as well, but not many went for mcrit builds as they were still predominantly PvE mode.
EclecicGroove

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Pretume wrote:
Elmar wrote:There are no player comments about the Summoner changes that I am aware of. The fact that there is no public outcry means either that tha changes are ok (Summoners not complaining) but not overpowered (other classes not complaining), or, more probably, that people simply don't care any more and have quietly moved on to other games :)

I also can't find and korean youtube channel that updates videos from L2, Elmar do you know any?

No. Maruchi, the last remaining Youtuber, has moved on to play Diablo 3:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqodAz ... qQI26eVO4g
Elmar

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 pm

EclecicGroove wrote:
KnightOfDarkness wrote:

At the time it was before the brooch jewels and a bunch of other stuff. I would have been at around 60k or so hp/cp combined with ~4-6k mdef depending on buffs/aura and what jewels I had equipped.

Was the only time it happened (was ishmilla), as it requires a lot of consecutive crits, but he could still consistently get me from full hp to ~15-45% hp with just marks. A few others could as well, but not many went for mcrit builds as they were still predominantly PvE mode.

Interesting. Still 1/3 mark crits (also easy to get without stacking mcrit) is not impressive damage on endgame players. Even four 4K crits still pales in comparison to 1 20k magic crit from a feoh.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby EclecicGroove » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:09 pm

KnightOfDarkness wrote:
EclecicGroove wrote:
KnightOfDarkness wrote:

Interesting. Still 1/3 mark crits (also easy to get without stacking mcrit) is not impressive damage on endgame players. Even four 4K crits still pales in comparison to 1 20k magic crit from a feoh.

If that was all they could do yes, but they can certainly crit harder than that.
And if talking mass PvP, as you said... kind of useless. Or vs a party with 2 healers keeping purge up all the time + heals.
They really shine in 1v1 or small scale setups where they are like a slightly weaker nuker with much more built in survivability. Sure, you can't really compare their damage to an end game nuker popping in with br/wiz spirit/double casting and hitting you with like a 60k+ crit, but they can be a pretty nasty opponent to deal with.
EclecicGroove

Postby Ferine » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Elmar wrote:
Pretume wrote:

I also can't find and korean youtube channel that updates videos from L2, Elmar do you know any?

No. Maruchi, the last remaining Youtuber, has moved on to play Diablo 3:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqodAz ... qQI26eVO4g

That's not good, such a shame to see the game declining so quick!

Just to think people were shouting about the death of L2 at like C4..... now seems a TOM worse than back then. :(

Hopefully there'll be something awesome coming in one of the future updates, rather than the trash they keep adding now. :/
Erica -> Bartz -> Chronos
Domi -> 103/100/80/80 Aeore/Wynn, 102/100 Evisc, 101 ISS, 100/99 Feoh/Yul + More
Ferine

Postby Dworgul » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrNKFI2AQQU

Here a pvp video from Korea uploaded like 1,5 week ago. People comes and goes in the Korean Lineage 2 too.

In total Korean players never wasn't too active on Youtube not just in Lineage 2, but at all neither on twitch.

Example before the Goddess of Destruction was very hard to find video from Korea, with the new game recorder its amount a bit increased but not much. Also L2 isn't in so big hype nowadays, what would the people make to upload so many videos to shows what they achieve.
Also NCwest has all time lesser amount of player than Korea, but if you look Teon or Naia L2 videos got hundreds of thousands or even over a million view counts, while the most watched videos what uploaded by Korean players good if achieve some thousands view counts.
Youtubing/Twitching simply isn't important part of the Korean gamer culture.
Dworgul

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Idk I find more trouble taking on well geared enchanter than well geared isses. And yeah mark crits cap out at 10 times the DOT damage so around 4K is the most you'll take from a crit. At most you'll take about 16k damage up front from 4 crits in a row plus dot damage if they aren't cleansed off immediately. But considering that 8 mark crits in a row is cleared by 1 progressive heal, I'm not worried at all by summoners. Hell I even kill the tank pets by accident when they provoke me just cause they're so far behind well geared characters it's not even right and the provoke only lasts 5 seconds.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby EclecicGroove » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm

unless it's really small scale pvp, the pets are there for basically one reason only, to be an additional HP pool for the summoner. They can have a ranged one if they want to hassle some people, but that's it. Their pets aren't going to be able to mix it up with a melee DD (unless it's a terrible one) and server them far better just staying back and soaking up damage.

The new 99 skills for the Phantom and elemental summoners are nice too. The Crucifix can basically be spammed and can add a fair bit of damage.

And yes, one purge will erase the marks, but they can be put on again just as fast. But as said, it's really all about 1v1 or small scale for them. In mass PvP they can add a bit of damage and CC capability to not be useless, but they aren't going to be bringing anything to table anywhere near what a well geared tyrr/dagger/archer/nuker will.
EclecicGroove

Postby Skeeto » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Can someone find me some video with summoner pov pvp 101lvl+ (can be from Infinity Odyssey part1)
Last edited by Skeeto on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

„Achieve one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the peak of skills. Summit of skill is to defeat the enemy without fighting.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

PreviousNext

Return to Archive