Shadow of Light

Re: Shadow of Light

Postby ZeroX » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:06 pm

EclecicGroove wrote:And if talking mass PvP, as you said... kind of useless. Or vs a party with 2 healers keeping purge up all the time + heals.
They really shine in 1v1 or small scale setups where they are like a slightly weaker nuker with much more built in survivability. Sure, you can't really compare their damage to an end game nuker popping in with br/wiz spirit/double casting and hitting you with like a 60k+ crit, but they can be a pretty nasty opponent to deal with.

I dont understand one thing. you say wynn shines in 1v1..only? Thati's it? both ertheias in 1v1, tyrr with 150k hp shines in 1v1. Actually every class well played or with good gear shines in 1v1...tank with 80% reflect, healer with 50% reflect and huge m atk. Wynn is no more than any other class however it is not a good class vs 2 healer setup and not great on mass pvp, but it shines as much as most other classes in 1v1 so what is the real benefit of being a wynn over anything else? The rolep-playing, the ego boost of "im a wynn while nobody else plays one, i rock".

My tyrr warlord absolutely wrecks in 1v1s with s80 weapon while wrecking in mass pvp and 7v7( the only problem is reflects of debuffs, but on zerk i dont get such). My wynn wrecks in 1v1. The advantage of keeping my wynn? None. It's delayed since day 1, private servers fixed the delay on pets while Oficial developers can't lol

Wynns are simply an annoyance in pvp, an insect bugging you. You know what else is annoying in pvp? A tank, tyrr, dagger, nuker, iss, ertheia.
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Wynns are best for easy and efficient pve that's cheap to do. AND it can make a slight difference in pvp without good gear while other DDs without good gear won't do much of anything. Only soon wynns will be gear dependent in pvp too in order to keep the low relevancy that they have now with minimal gear. The only bonus is that they become more effective in single target pve and will be able to compete again with the other single target dps classes in pve that isn't overran by halfkills. Although. We haven't seen the last part of shadow of light where they are boosting Ertheias and I absolutely dread what may become of seers.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Kahwi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Sorry, the point of reading so many negative topics about Wynn Summoner.
But I do not see that properly be a nerf size, although in my view, to the point of devs modify both the Wynn summoner marks as well U.S.S skill in only a single update (in this case Shadow of Light) is safe to assume that they were overpowered in previous updates (I refer to infinity odyssey 1, infinity odyssey 2, infinity odyssey 3 and so on).
I suppose Shadow of Light is the version 5 or 6 of infinty odyssey, please correct me if i am wrong.
So I would like to know the point of view of the players from Korea, specifically the Wynn Summoner about before this installment of December 10.
As already mentioned here, that no complaints reports of there players saying that there was precisely nerf at the Wynn after launched Shadow of Light, makes me more comfortable.

My other question is from the photos and videos aired for the purple color set, saying that it is Lindvior set, others call Odyssey Set, which would indeed? prorpaganda for something that will come?
Kahwi

Postby Skeeto » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Skeeto wrote:Can someone find me some video with summoner pov pvp 101lvl+ (can be from Infinity Odyssey part1)

Bump!

„Achieve one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the peak of skills. Summit of skill is to defeat the enemy without fighting.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

Postby Draecke » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:35 pm

let's focus on summoner details tied to the latest update and stop discussing the current or history of the wyn class.

we've got almost 2 pages worth of off topic posts here already now..

Thx.
Draecke

Postby Elmar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Kahwi wrote:... My other question is from the photos and videos aired for the purple color set, saying that it is Lindvior set, others call Odyssey Set, which would indeed? prorpaganda for something that will come?

What was introduced as "Lindvior Armor" at an event in Japan some years ago is still not in the game. At the moment the developers are concentrating on increasing not P.Def. but M.Def., and not via items like Jewelry (the Korean players have voted with 69% vs. 31% against more items), but via an increased M.Def. factor in passive skills:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
(about 3/4 down the page, under the picture of the Unicorns)

Nothing has even been hinted about the Lindvior Armor ever being actually implemented :P
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Skeeto wrote:
Skeeto wrote:Can someone find me some video with summoner pov pvp 101lvl+ (can be from Infinity Odyssey part1)

Bump!

There are apparently no videos from a Summoner point of view, nor with a Summoner just featuring on the sidelines, neither PvE nor PvP. The Youtube channel Dworgul has linked on the previous page belongs to a Tank :P
Elmar

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Well the point of talking about the new is the changing of the old so you do have to talk about both. I know the conversation has been around wynns a lot but other classes have been covered as well its just you know classes like archers and tyrrs are pretty one dimensionsal and uninteresting to talk about. Which is why some classes get discussed here more than others.

I mean think about media for example. Who do people talk about most? The characters who are well off, little to no flaws and always does right? Or the characters with dark backstories, weird interests and attitudes and an ever changing mindset? One is clearly going to get more attention as far as conversation goes.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby ZeroX » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes, the unorthodox is always in the spotlight. :D
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 pm

As it currently stands we're all just waiting for new information so we can either discuss something or just abandon the forum until new information comes up as it usually occurs on this forum.
KnightOfDarkness

PreviousNext

Return to Archive