The New Guardian of Astatine

Re: The New Guardian of Astatine

Postby troomar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Mana recovery on pig transformation is not a big deal. It is useful just for oly (and to be honest I barely use it as a prophet :D ) and gathering mobs in Kartia. You can still run away on oly across whole arena with it.
Perma polymorph (prophets can use it even without Eva's rune) is a key skill to avoid a lot of damage on oly (tyrr with berserker, mage with dual casting, daggers, archers etc.). It is very useful on pvp too. It is similar to hide, celestial and other stuff - to avoid damage, to get to your party through enemies...
Although iss play-style will probably remain the same (angel, angel, angel, rhapsody, angel, angel, angel, sonatas...), this is a real nerf to iss' defensive abilities, mostly for oly. :cry:
troomar

Postby ViaAgnis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 pm

troomar wrote:Mana recovery on pig transformation is not a big deal. It is useful just for oly (and to be honest I barely use it as a prophet :D ) and gathering mobs in Kartia. You can still run away on oly across whole arena with it.
Perma polymorph (prophets can use it even without Eva's rune) is a key skill to avoid a lot of damage on oly (tyrr with berserker, mage with dual casting, daggers, archers etc.). It is very useful on pvp too. It is similar to hide, celestial and other stuff - to avoid damage, to get to your party through enemies...
Although iss play-style will probably remain the same (angel, angel, angel, rhapsody, angel, angel, angel, sonatas...), this is a real nerf to iss' defensive abilities, mostly for oly. :cry:

I meant on a non enchanted polymorph. If you didnt notice you wont be able to enchant it on time any longer so eva's rune will be a necessity also the skill usage depends on the play-stile also.
ViaAgnis

Postby Draecke » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Elmar wrote:Yes, when you enchant Polymorph for Relax/릴렉스, it recovers MP (MP가 회복된다). In the description it says "per second" (초당), but that possibly is supposed to mean "per tick" aka "every 3 seconds" :)

It was Chief Developer Gang Jeong-won who said that Iss Enchanters were going to be boosted. One possibility is that he and his team perceive the change to the pig transformation as a boost, increasing the survivability of the Enchanter classes. Another possibility is that the boost (via additional skills?) will happen in a following update. Due to the peculiarities of the Korean language the time line is not clear:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
(this link does not work at the moment, but maybe Inven will fix it in the next few days :) )

the only real defensive skill iss had that was any good is the polymorph so yeah this is a nerf and not a boost at all, classic nc dev to make a class even less fun to play.. these better not be the "boosts" as else iss will become trully a box class only.
Draecke

Postby troomar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:09 am

ViaAgnis wrote:I meant on a non enchanted polymorph. If you didnt notice you wont be able to enchant it on time any longer so eva's rune will be a necessity also the skill usage depends on the play-stile also.

That play-style note was meant outside of oly as overall iss play-style in (mass) pvp. And it is angel's touch on reuse for a healer and some other basic actions. This will not change, so it is not a big deal except oly.

I've made a test. I'm prophet 99 lvl, 2x AP to skill reuse, Istina necklace and no Eva's rune, since on our server (Core) there aren't any.
With wizard harmony I can easily chain polymorph (15s version) and angel's touch.
With knight harmony there is a small delay (1-2 s), but since angel's touch will last 17s on lvl 101, this problem will be removed :D

So with this update (on oly) prophet still can play with knight harmony, others will be forced to use wizard harmony.
We can only guess how much MP recovery route recovers on polymorph. Let's say it will be similar to +5 MP pig transformation, then:
- small pvp / mass pvp will be unchanged
- 5 minutes trolling among 5 parties of enemy on Parnaseus in permanent stone is removed (how I love this :oops: )
- defensive abilities on oly are nerfed, but you will have more mana overall
- 1 new free slot on bar (well you can still use pig transformation for running - it is useful after all)
troomar

Postby ViaAgnis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:50 am

troomar wrote:
ViaAgnis wrote:I meant on a non enchanted polymorph. If you didnt notice you wont be able to enchant it on time any longer so eva's rune will be a necessity also the skill usage depends on the play-stile also.

That play-style note was meant outside of oly as overall iss play-style in (mass) pvp. And it is angel's touch on reuse for a healer and some other basic actions. This will not change, so it is not a big deal except oly.

I've made a test. I'm prophet 99 lvl, 2x AP to skill reuse, Istina necklace and no Eva's rune, since on our server (Core) there aren't any.
With wizard harmony I can easily chain polymorph (15s version) and angel's touch.
With knight harmony there is a small delay (1-2 s), but since angel's touch will last 17s on lvl 101, this problem will be removed :D

So with this update (on oly) prophet still can play with knight harmony, others will be forced to use wizard harmony.
We can only guess how much MP recovery route recovers on polymorph. Let's say it will be similar to +5 MP pig transformation, then:
- small pvp / mass pvp will be unchanged
- 5 minutes trolling among 5 parties of enemy on Parnaseus in permanent stone is removed (how I love this :oops: )
- defensive abilities on oly are nerfed, but you will have more mana overall
- 1 new free slot on bar (well you can still use pig transformation for running - it is useful after all)

Now this is interesting, so far even with rune, light set,reuse jewelry, refresh augment I can reach maybe 15 sec on angels touch and polymorph so the fact that you state that you can do it easily confuses me :)
ViaAgnis

Postby Sabotin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:16 pm

At +20 it gives 36mp/s.

While this mana thing isn't really class breaking i'm still sad about it. It was very practical to have "infinite" mana, specially with all the high cost skills. Fortunately I have a couple thousand mp elixirs xD . For open pvp I find it not that useful to be polymorphed for 25s either, I'd much rather if it was enchantable for reuse. And perhaps had a lower cast time. You can't do anything while you're polymorphed and you don't wanna be inactive for that long.

The pig transform is kinda of impractical for running as it has a cast time and it takes like a second after it to kick in with the speed, plus it stops your movement. I'd have liked if it was changed to be like the ertheia hide that is not cast and just happens. Sometimes it's useful though when you have nothing else to get you out of tough spots as the pdef/mdef boost is flat and thus unaffected by debuffs.

That being said I think it was unnecessary to do this, isses are fairly annoying to play as is. They really could have improved on that angle a bit.

By the way, possibly offtopic, have there been any changes to the gainak war zone in these updates? Maybe making you flag as you exit the area (as sieges) or fixing the small non-war-zone patches inside? Same 1 spawn zone you can't get out of?

@ above post, I think he means he can do angel->poly->angel->poly... in which case you only need 30s reuse on both.
Sabotin

Postby ViaAgnis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm

I got my answers so the iss discussions can end, I would also like to hear if anything has been done with gainak, honestly all they need to do is make it a normal pvp zone.
ViaAgnis

Postby Elmar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:48 pm

There seems to be a major problem at NCsoft. Apart from the server lag we all experience right now at NCWest, the NCKorea Powerbook Wikipedia is down too:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/

So answers concerning Gainak maybe tomorrow :)
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:59 pm

The Powerwiki is up again. So now I can tell you that the only change to Gainak was in Odyssey 3, where a problem was fixed when somebody entered Gainak on the Dimensional Server and this was temporarily perceived by the system as siege field:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=590256
(all the way at the bottom, point 4 of the Other Changes/그 외 변경)
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:45 am

On the Korean PTS there have been a considerable number of changes to Wynn Summoner skills today:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/tsnoti ... eId=598221

This patch will probably go live next Wednesday, February 11:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=598181
(compare the quest changes)
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive