Helios

Re: Helios

Postby Elmar » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:57 pm

The Chinese version was an event/活动:
http://tiantang2.qq.com/cp/a20160926szs ... ode=270695

The Japanese version is a permanent feature, introduced with yesterday's extra maintenance:
http://www.ncsoft.jp/lineage2/news/noti ... cleNo=4639

In the Chinese version you needed Awakening Alloy/觉醒合金 from the L2Store, in the Japanese version you can get the corresponding item (Forbidden Spellbook: Low Grade/禁じられた魔法書:下級) from their L2Store, but the really good Mid-Grade one drops constantly from Antharas, Valakas and Lindvior. Even with Japan also requiring you to crystallize Boss Jewelry for Soul Bottles, I like that system better than the Chinese one.

Since Japan is a fully-owned NCsoft territory, the probability that we will get this system is rather high :)
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:13 pm

not necessarily as we never got the improved eternal armors for example..
Draecke

Postby Elmar » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:12 pm

You are right there.

Please everybody note, Japan is still on Helios and got this system with an extracurricular update. If we get it too, it may come at any time.
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 am

so I looked at the stuff and L2 Japan is looking more and more like a private server nowadays.. really sincerly hope we do not get this jewels of the gods etc. crap as it will only make more ppl quit on NCwest like really we have zero needs for more of such over the top unbalanced gear..

making L2 a game for only the ultra rich is NOT a good business model and will not be able to sustain itself for very long.
Draecke

Postby SirBash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 am

Draecke wrote:so I looked at the stuff and L2 Japan is looking more and more like a private server nowadays.. really sincerly hope we do not get this jewels of the gods etc. crap as it will only make more ppl quit on NCwest like really we have zero needs for more of such over the top unbalanced gear..

making L2 a game for only the ultra rich is NOT a good business model and will not be able to sustain itself for very long.

I totally agree. I wish we would still get the upgraded epics. I also hope we are able to upgrade r95 to r99... but these jewels are just too much...
SirBash

Postby Elmar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:59 am

The cut-off point for the export version of Forcebringer is September 7:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1694&start=350#p35087

This means we will get the bug fixes for the new Nuker skills:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=620986

But definitely not the equipment upgrading system, which went live on October 19:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=622288
Considering the extremely negative feedback that system got in Korea, I personally have my doubts whether we will ever get it over here, at least in the Korean form. Just look at what happened to Epic Jewelry Upgrading :)
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:29 pm

agree and let's keep an eye out on the jewel of gods if that ever makes it to Korea as if not chances are high neither will we get it so fingers crossed.
Draecke

Postby SirBash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Draecke wrote:agree and let's keep an eye out on the jewel of gods if that ever makes it to Korea as if not chances are high neither will we get it so fingers crossed.

Most people would prefer to upgrade their current jewelry instead of fully replacing it with OP expensive money grabbing stuff.
SirBash

Postby Illogical » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:00 pm

SirBash wrote:
Draecke wrote:agree and let's keep an eye out on the jewel of gods if that ever makes it to Korea as if not chances are high neither will we get it so fingers crossed.

Most people would prefer to upgrade their current jewelry instead of fully replacing it with OP expensive money grabbing stuff.

Indeed. I rather buy a 2nd QAS and try to compound it so the ring gains let's say +3% P.Atk or a passive STR or DEX.
But there is no money in that.
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:35 pm

There is a certain development here:

- The first Korean version of the Boss Jewelry Upgrading System was totally free, everything coming out of the game itself (if we leave aside that many of the Epics that were dissolved into Shilenite came from L2Store events).

- Then there was the Chinese version, where you absolutely had to buy one ingredient from the L2Store. But Mainland China has the Totally Free - Pay to Win business model, so that's understandable.

- The Japanese version is probably the most refined one. Power clans can raid the Epic Dragons and obtain Forbidden Spellbooks: Mid-Grade for high-probability upgrading of their Gods' Jewelry, and players who don't have access to Dragons can try with the Low Grade variety from the L2Store. By patiently buying and clicking they will get there eventually.
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive