Helios

Re: Helios

Postby Draecke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:00 pm

the thing is pretty sure ppl on NCWest don't want more unbalanced items but just being able to tweak/slightly boost their existing ones just like Illogical explained and that was precisely what the original Korean version was..

several big whale players have recently quit L2 @NCWest and more are seriously thinking about it, knowing this kind of nonsense is being pushed at us and keep being pushed will only speed up their departure with all long term consequences that will follow afterwards.. NCWest better play this smart or there really won't be enough high rollers left paying for any other NCWest games let alone for the upkeep of the L2 servers.
Draecke

Postby SirBash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Draecke wrote:the thing is pretty sure ppl on NCWest don't want more unbalanced items but just being able to tweak/slightly boost their existing ones just like Illogical explained and that was precisely what the original Korean version was..

Exactly. Also these new items will completely replace all other items which will take away customization. I prefer to customize my toon for the stats I want or need. This is the reason people miss the old A grade sets that offered so many options.
SirBash

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:27 pm

I think the question we must ask here is, why did NCJapan introduce the Jewelry of the Gods now, right in the middle of Helios and not even with a regular Wednesday maintenance but with a hotfix last Friday? The answer has probably to do with the Korea Times article Aram has dug up:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/te ... 19884.html
The hopes NCsoft had for Lineage 2: Revolution and Lineage Eternal turned to dust and now the old, established games must be the cash cow again:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=1890#p35085

Now, I fully agree with you two that overpowered items like the Jewelry of the Gods will greatly upset the economy of the servers. When people who have spent a lot of real-life money to get a Helios Ring via some gambling event have that ring now totally devalued by a Pa'agrio Earring with its fixed damage Topaz effect, they will have so-to-speak "lost out on their investment". But this applies for Japan as well as for NCWest. The people in charge at NCJapan must be aware of this, especially after Namgung Gon went on at great length about the problem of item devaluation in 2012:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=922&start=10#p14155

Fact is, the Jewelry of the Gods was tested in China, and the results must have been of a nature that NCJapan elected to introduce that feature too. Lots of cash within a short time. Can NCWest withstand that temptation? After all, since we are now back at a 3 person Lineage 2 Team they obviously intend to keep operations up for a not inconsiderable time, and in the long run the Jewelry of the Gods will be counterproductive for that goal.

I myself definitely don't have the time to interact with NCsoft staff, but maybe somebody should direct Neutron in a PM to this discussion here. If it goes like with Cryo, Juji will now be spending a lot of time in Korea, helping with the development of the additional Eternals for the overseas market and is basically out of it:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... 87&site=le
(the 6th question/answer block)

Neutron is the man we need.
Elmar

Postby socketka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 pm

problem isnt pay2win, but who will these players with big wallets kill, if all nonspenders just decide to quit? will that 100 ppl who spent over 20k euros fight each other for fun, because they are farmed to bones?
i personally stop playing olympiad because there is no ballance at all. if it goes further, i will stop any player-related interractions and will just kill mobs or do quests.

edit: also i want to see what will spenders buy if they will have everything already? there is strong positive feedback if company want to hold stable income. spenders have to buy something they dont have yet and that will kill other players faster. and what will other players (mostly non spenders) do? of course they will go away :mrgreen:
socketka

Postby SirBash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 pm

As for item devaluation and for the big spenders that have all, they should just bring us Koreans original version of upgrading jewelry. This will give many people a new goal while also increasing the value of many of the low and mid epics by increasing demand and decreasing the amount on the server.

Doing so might actually bring some big spenders back. I know of at least one person that quit because we didn't get this feature.
SirBash

Postby Draecke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 pm

same but let's stop with the speculations and go back to keep this topic focused on Helios only ^^"
Draecke

Helios

Postby zlz » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:16 pm

I have a question related with helios and factions system..
where i can find info about how much faction points i need to level it up..
for example with lv4 gc faction, gc lower q for 200mobs i got 200 points which is 3.47%, so with some math stuff i counted that i need almost 5800 faction points to reach lv5 gc. (200*100/3.47= 5763) so it's 29d if you do gc lower quest for 200 mobs.
so i'm interested about other factions how much points i need to reach lv1 2 3 4 5 6 <...> 10 (for atelia)..

thx for answer
t92 commander
zlz

Postby iHotline » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:45 am

zlz wrote:I have a question related with helios and factions system..
where i can find info about how much faction points i need to level it up..
for example with lv4 gc faction, gc lower q for 200mobs i got 200 points which is 3.47%, so with some math stuff i counted that i need almost 5800 faction points to reach lv5 gc. (200*100/3.47= 5763) so it's 29d if you do gc lower quest for 200 mobs.
so i'm interested about other factions how much points i need to reach lv1 2 3 4 5 6 <...> 10 (for atelia)..

thx for answer

I think it all depends on how many "Faction" points you get from each quest you do.
iHotline

Postby MYSTERYouse » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:43 am

I think he is asking for the total of faction points required for certain faction levels which I have not seen published anywhere yet (at least not completed)

For example here are the amounts for fishing faction:

Lv1 - 100
Lvl2 - 7300
Lvl3 - 11500
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 104 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Postby Illogical » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:06 am

I dunno, but any Iss 101+ can level up AF faction with just doing Captives + Chest to lv6+++ in 2-3 weeks.
Illogical

PreviousNext

Return to Archive