World Olympiad

Re: World Olympiad

Postby Elmar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Aram wrote:But it's not seem like a patch or hotfix. Anyway thank you, changing the video title :)

I guess your new title with just "updates" fits the patch best. While there are no new skills or anything like that, the change of the SOE arrival point from Kamael Village to Isle of Souls Harbor is a small but really useful update.

The World Olympiad itself I would rather call a "downdate". It is an open admission that player numbers in Korea have shrunk to a degree where massively multiplayer content like the regular Olympiad doesn't work any more.

And welcome to the forum. Feel free to post links to any new videos you are uploading to Youtube :)
Elmar

Postby Suzzy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 pm

I hope its only mini patch !!! I want Fafurion!! :D
Suzzy

Postby Quim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Elmar wrote:The World Olympiad itself I would rather call a "downdate". It is an open admission that player numbers in Korea have shrunk to a degree where massively multiplayer content like the regular Olympiad doesn't work any more.

They're maybe trying to merge features from their other games, like B&S... although yes it can help to mask low activity on server, for example cross-server instances on B&S helps much more low populated servers than high populated servers. B&S also has cross-server arena which would be like this cross-server olympiad in some ways. That little exit screen that shows acquired adena/exp that appears when you press to restart or quit, is also there on Blade&Soul.
Last edited by Quim on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quim

Postby Elmar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:57 pm

You are right there. NCsoft is clearly trying to save on development costs by using synergies between their various games. A cross-server Olympiad in Lineage 2 has first been mentioned by the developers in spring 2012, after the player exodus caused by the Tauti update. It would be interesting to know whether Blade & Soul already had cross-server features back then, or whether the L2 developers were the first to think of it while their colleagues at B & S were faster to implement it.

Or maybe this is all stolen from WoW? Berger would probably know more about this :)
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 pm

NCKorea has finally gotten the World Olympiad statistics online:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/oly ... ympiadInfo

The left tab in the head bar is the current month, the one to the right of that the past month, i.e. a finished chapter. With the thingy on the right side of the head bar you can choose the class. Here for example the Tyrr Maestros in April:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/oly ... 6&season=1

In this way you can get an impression of the level distribution in Korea as well as about the popularity of a class. For comparison here the Tyrr Duelists in April:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/oly ... 2&season=1

As you can see, there were only 36 Duelists participating, as opposed to the 100 Maestros :D
Elmar

Postby socketka » Sat May 07, 2016 6:46 pm

100 is display limit i guess, because sayha seers/evis got aswell 100 ppl on list.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Sun May 08, 2016 4:49 am

I guess you are right :)

Note also, among those 100 Maestros there are only a handfull of lvl 85~87 farming characters; almost everybody is lvl 99+. The Olympiad Quests where you could get Giant's Energies just for participating have been removed:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 4%EB%93%9C
But nevertheless I guess there will be more than those 100 characters listed who are farming Battle Marks for Giant Codices etc.
Elmar

Postby Gerris » Mon May 09, 2016 10:17 am

Are there an replacement quest from where you can obtain GE from??
Gerris

Postby Elmar » Mon May 09, 2016 11:02 am

Unfortunately not. Once the World Olympiad is introduced, the only way to obtain Giant's Energies is by purchasing them from a Clan Hall NPC or the Merchant of Mammon, the latter selling at 7 million adena per piece:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 0%EC%9A%B4
Elmar

Postby Yume » Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Elmar,

Do you know if the world Olympiad is porting to a new server like the dimension raid? Or just regular port to stadium like now?

Thanks,
Yume

PreviousNext

Return to Archive