Lineage Eternal

Re: Lineage Eternal

Postby Elmar » Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm

On today's Quarterly Earnings press conference Vice Persident Yun Jae-su revealed that the superior beings were not happy with the direction Lineage Eternal took ("it was not sufficiently reflecting NCsoft's coprporate identity"/엔씨소프트의 특징을 반영하기에는 충분하지 않다) so the whole project leadeship was fired. A new release schedule is being drawn up, possibly there will be another Closed Beta Test:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
(about 1/3 down the page)
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Thu May 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Limited info.
What does it mean? They going back to development mode and changing the game (again)? Or just tweaking it things like the hero swapping?
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Unfortunately there is not more info. The dedicated article just says the same in more words:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=177607

The words 방향성 바꾼다/"direction change" in the headline are the journalist's. Yun Jae-su himself said that after last year's CBT there were design changes/새로운 기획, and that's what he (and presumable Kim Taek-jin) were not happy about. As far as I understand it, they intend a rollback, but no point in the past which could be considered as ideal was mentioned. Anything I told you would be pure speculation.

Players in the comment section are hoping that there will be a return to the "one man one character"/1인 1캐릭 system as in 2011, thus eliminating people soloing party dungeons with their private army, but those are just personal opinions.
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Thu May 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Yeah. I put it through Google, couldn't find a hint.

The comments are exactly my issues with it. The hero system is just a gimmick to give people the feeling they play an MMO but really just play solo. Which is a trend we see in L2 for years now, people 'solo' Nightmare Kamaloka bringing 2-5 more chars out of party for debuffs and heals.
Illogical

Postby Aram » Fri May 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Thank a lot Elmar, really interesting post. But as I'm understand 'one-man band' its the general feature of LE, I'm disapointment a little bit, what they do now for stay unique game and not just one more D3/Lost Ark clone...
Aram

Postby Elmar » Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm

That's hard to say. Maybe I am just imagining this, but to me Yun Jae-su's criticism about Lineage Eternal "not sufficiently reflecting NCsoft's coprporate identity" sounds like a direct reaction to Gang Min-woo's acerbic remark about ordering soybean stew and getting a pork cutlet instead:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1824&start=40#p35053
Lineage Eternal pretends to be an MMO but is de facto a single-player game.

When you read through the whole question/answer part in the Inven article you will notice that Vice President Yun repeatedly stresses the MMO-identity of NCsoft, also when comparing the Netmarble version of Blade&Soul Mobile to NCsoft's version of the same mobile B&S. In an age of shrinking player numbers there are good reasons for a 'one-man band' system, eliminating the party-matching waiting time and letting the players immediately jump in and spend money, game time points or whatever their business model will be. On the other hand, Illogical and the commentators on Inven.co.kr are also right ...

If they go back to the original 2011 version of Lineage Eternal, only the drag skills, allowing players to mark an area of effect, would remain as a unique selling point. Whether that's enough to attract masses of players ...
Elmar

Postby Pretume » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:42 pm

At least a good news after the whole changing management stuff: LE will be upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.

https://steparu.com/latest-news/2402-lineage-eternal-gets-upgraded-to-unreal-engine-4-and-delayed-significantly
Pretume

Postby CDVM » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Pretume wrote:At least a good news after the whole changing management stuff: LE will be upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.

https://steparu.com/latest-news/2402-lineage-eternal-gets-upgraded-to-unreal-engine-4-and-delayed-significantly

has been so long... im only excited about mu legend tbh lol
CDVM

Postby Illogical » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

So safe to say: No Lineage Eternal till 2020?
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:48 pm

When Chief Financial Officer Yun Jae-su was asked about Lineage Eternal on the quarterly earnings press conference on Monday, he evaded the question, just saying that from the second half 2017 until the end of 2018 three major mobile games will be launched:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
(about 1/3 down the page)

One of those major mobile games will be Blade&Soul Mobile, one will be Aion Legions, but Lineage Eternal is not a mobile game. So unless they have changed the platform for Lineage Eternal from PC/tablet to mobile telephone, the third mobile game will more probably be Guild Wars, or maybe even a true NCsoft version of Lineage 2. We will have to see :)
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive