Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:20 pm

There is the Korean PTS client. Maybe this thread will be of help:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 pm

RapidBlades wrote:Elmar, now, that we talk here about the developing of Lineage 2 and as we saw was not only one thing what is motivated the developers, that put to the game some features from the AION.
Why not they try get some motivation from the Lineage 1 too?

Or what is it real secret that it is 12 years old and still in the Korean top 10 almost all time (if we watch the rank list how much time the Koreans play with a game in week).
So, the AION still a young game if we compare it to Lineage games so we can think also, that it is the Nr. 1 game in Korea, because the newest game of the most popular Korean video game company.
So maybe has the Lineage 2 in Korea too more players, but they spend much less time in the L2 as the players of L1 in their game.

To all of these new features what will arrive in Tauti are really great. But why they not focus to make some kind of stuffs what can keep the Korean players to much longer time in the Lineage 2. Also I can't understand why they can't add 1-2 new daily quests to the game in every week or a month this would be a good idea too, because many times a lots of time between 1-1 update.


I think that the secret why Lineage 1 is still in the Korean top 10 after 12 years is that it is rooted in the original Lineage comics and has relatively few updates, while Lineage 2 becomes increasingly interchangeable with other games, the developers giving up more and more unique selling points. A consignment sale system aka WoW auction house is certainly convenient, but it deprives buyers of the adventure of checking the markets in various towns and sellers of the option to buy Spirit Ore or whatever cheaply in one town, selling it at a profit in other towns. And if there is nothing special about L2 any more, there is no reason why players should stick with this game instead of playing one day L2, another day Aion and still another day WoW.

There is a very interesting article series by a Massively writer who has started to play Lineage 2 with the GoD update:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/21 ... tion-week/
When you look at the screenshots in the "CMA: Lineage 2" gallery about 1/5 down, and when you read the text, then it is clear that the man is most fascinated by the old areas, what made L2 originally famous seven or eight years ago.

Now check for comparison the Malformed Fishman newly introduced at the Guillotine Fortress:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%EA% ... 4%EC%83%88
This gentleman was originally living in the salt marshes northwest of Heine. There he was in his proper environment, he might have easily been swept in over the road from the ocean during a flood. But he has nothing to do with the Guillotine Fortress - the water in the trenches there would barely reach his hips. Putting such a monster in such a hunting ground, completely out of context, is simply bad game design, sloppy craftsmanship.

We have to face the fact that the present Lineage 2 developers are just not good at their job. This is made worse by them not realizing their inadequacy. You can't blame a person for not being creative - creativity is something you have or you don't have - but since they don't have it, they should leave the game well enough alone, only very carefully and in really small steps expanding what the original developers created. But somehow they insist on setting their own mark, making things worse and worse. In addition to that they are only hiring young people straight out of university, who won't dare to undermine their authority by suggesting to do things in a different way (in Korea, like all over Asia, seniority is determined by age). So unless the whole development team gets fired, there is little hope for the situation to improve.
Attachments
MalformedFishman.jpg
From http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%EA%B8%B0%EC%9A%94%ED%8B%B4+%EC%9A%94%EC%83%88
MalformedFishman.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 809 times
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby GeorgeRtR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Elmar wrote:There is the Korean PTS client. Maybe this thread will be of help:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93

I have downloaded those parts already they are by Laby » Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 pm
Any clues for the new patches ? Or ?
GeorgeRtR
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:28 pm

There should be a patcher which should automatically download the new Tauti files when you try to start the game.
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby GeorgeRtR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Elmar wrote:There should be a patcher which should automatically download the new Tauti files when you try to start the game.

The links are not working at all lol : (
GeorgeRtR
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Maybe Laby will get on later in the evening. He should be able to help you better than me :)
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Elmar » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 pm

ZeroX wrote:O.o

So Gran Kain has become moved! To think i considered him a evil guy and he's the only one who's helping us. The only one who cares for his "children" and he does it while in the shadows. Heroic somehow.

But is Gran Kain fufiling an independent role?


What I put in the quotation boxes on the previous page is the official lore. That's the rock bottom on which we must stay grounded. In theory Gran Kain, being a "trickster god" like the Norse Loki, should be independent from any influences, doing completely unpredictable things as the whim takes him. But of course it would be interesting to know whether Gran Kain, while being Einhovant' s master (주인 resp. 主人), is not being manipulated by Einhovant in turn :mrgreen:
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby Laby » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Elmar wrote:Maybe Laby will get on later in the evening. He should be able to help you better than me :)


If you had the previous GoD PTS Korean client, just launch it and it should update automatically.

IF no, go to http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/download/client/index Click on the "go" red button, accept the agreement and you will download a downloader. This one will download the client for you. At the moment, I can't provide direct link to files :)

Laby
Ptitlaby - Naia EU Server
Pony Master
Laby
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby GeorgeRtR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Laby wrote:
Elmar wrote:Maybe Laby will get on later in the evening. He should be able to help you better than me :)


If you had the previous GoD PTS Korean client, just launch it and it should update automatically.

IF no, go to http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/download/client/index Click on the "go" red button, accept the agreement and you will download a downloader. This one will download the client for you. At the moment, I can't provide direct link to files :)

Laby

Allright I'll check out all the options thanks for the fast reply anyway !
GeorgeRtR
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Goddess of Destruction Chapter 2 Tauti

Postby RapidBlades » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Elmar wrote:
RapidBlades wrote:We have to face the fact that the present Lineage 2 developers are just not good at their job. This is made worse by them not realizing their inadequacy. You can't blame a person for not being creative - creativity is something you have or you don't have - but since they don't have it, they should leave the game well enough alone, only very carefully and in really small steps expanding what the original developers created. But somehow they insist on setting their own mark, making things worse and worse. In addition to that they are only hiring young people straight out of university, who won't dare to undermine their authority by suggesting to do things in a different way (in Korea, like all over Asia, seniority is determined by age). So unless the whole development team gets fired, there is little hope for the situation to improve.


Well, mostly the creativity just question of the chief producer. He is the person, who should see, that what is the problem with the game and what is work well. I guess this Goddess of Destruction was a really good idea, it could resulted to Lineage 2 stabilized place under a half year in the top 10 what is good. While in our region too, many of the players like the changes.
But yes you have right, Lineage 2 got many features too what the players can find also in the AION or WoW.

But I guess if the developers will can develop to the game the cross server war, the cross server raid, it will again kind of extreme unique content, what the world in this size never seen before.
Also a positive change I guess, that the developers take back in the Tauti the 36 class olympiad games too, what also make the game to more unique.

Many times I did see, that peoples say or ask how would do, that the original development team, well many content from the CT1 Kamael to the High Five already was work out by the old development team, so I guess they would develop the game mostly in same form.
You can see the TERA online, it is more looks like a WoW clone as a unique game, except its moving system.

You also told, that in the days we got new Chief Developer, as I saw, that man he was older with 15-20 years as who made the GD maybe it is mean good to us he can be more experienced developer and more experienced person in the video game life too, so I guess this can mean good to us.
RapidBlades
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest