Dark castle in Naia

Re: Dark castle in Naia

Postby Draecke » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 pm

nobody cares though, at least SH really doesnt gives a damn.. thinking otherwise is just a delusion

still if in Glory days we can sent unlimited amount of wars be ready for us to declare on the whole server except the usual handful pets but hey that would be kind of obvious anywayz
Draecke

Postby Sabotin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 am

As far as I can tell (at least on Shilen) people seem to have no clue what the dark/light thing is. I have some friends in both kinds of clans and they say there's not really any difference in the number of people that pvp (even with a "small" clan being dark). Furthermore I can't explain otherwise why the light campaign always fails, only reaching 10-20% or so, even when the dark castle owning clan has war with everyone and it appears that 2-3 parties can make them lose it. Or am I missing something?
Sabotin

Postby Elmar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

That is a similar thing as with the Zone Quest in the Hall of Orbis. Because the Lighters always succeeded in looting the Tax Caravans, the target was set higher some weeks after Tauti went live in Korea, and we apparently got that patch state.
In Korea there are generally more players on a server, and they are better organized. You have whole clans transferring from server to server just for farming those campaigns, like for example in May the Blast clan from Bartz going to Teon, helping the LineageIISenior Alliance to dislodge the Evil clan from Rune Castle:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.p ... =390&l=956

In this case true localization, like with the Vitality items which can be used per week, would be in order to adapt to the fundamentally different circumstances in different Lineage 2 territories. On the other hand, with each change to the game code bugs can appear in totally unexpected places (like with the Auction House prices being wrongly displayed). Weighing the advantage of being able to complete a Light Campaign versus the game becoming unplayable for weeks at a time ...
I would say, let's simply boycott the Siege System :)
Elmar

Postby RapidBlades » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 am

Elmar wrote:That is a similar thing as with the Zone Quest in the Hall of Orbis. Because the Lighters always succeeded in looting the Tax Caravans, the target was set higher some weeks after Tauti went live in Korea, and we apparently got that patch state.
In Korea there are generally more players on a server, and they are better organized. You have whole clans transferring from server to server just for farming those campaigns, like for example in May the Blast clan from Bartz going to Teon, helping the LineageIISenior Alliance to dislodge the Evil clan from Rune Castle:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.p ... =390&l=956

In this case true localization, like with the Vitality items which can be used per week, would be in order to adapt to the fundamentally different circumstances in different Lineage 2 territories. On the other hand, with each change to the game code bugs can appear in totally unexpected places (like with the Auction House prices being wrongly displayed). Weighing the advantage of being able to complete a Light Campaign versus the game becoming unplayable for weeks at a time ...
I would say, let's simply boycott the Siege System :)

Hm, I guess this is why than the developers started improve again these mass pvps, clans etc what was missed from the game around from the Gracia Epilogues. These clan or server events makes huge dramas and as I hear these clan transfers in Korea are really popular, mostly for these stuffs the players here start make QQ, but in Korea if a strong clan leave a server might another one will transfer to their place what was fail on his old server.
While it is make up the drama between the players and generate fun for them, until it is double times good for the NCKorea:
1. players go to hunting zones, so they start to pay for the NCKorea after the time.
2. if we count, that a clan make transfer with 50 members, it is quite good money from server transfer for the NCKorea, while next to them another players use this service too for different reasons.
3. Also might be the players will buy more items too from item store what help them in PvP.
RapidBlades

Postby iMist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Castle Siege Soldier Badges is possible to get in Tauti. Recently I had a possibility to make siege quest "The times Call for a new hero - Rune" on PTS. This quest can only make clans which is not signed for Rune Castle Siege
This quest consists of several stages:
1.You need to speak with Caroline near Rune Siege field. She gives to you Castle Siege Equipment Repair Tool - Rune Castle, Corrosive Chemical Container - Rune, Engraving Activation Stone - Rune Castle.
STAGE 1: Repairing Catapult
You need to repair 5 catapults with Castle Siege Equipment Repair Tool - Rune Castle. Chance of repairing is not 100%. You've got a screen message of success/failure
STAGE 2: Decrease Gate Defence
You need to use Corrosive Chemical Container - Rune to decrease outer gate defence. Chance of decreasing is not 100%. You've got a screen message of success/failure
STAGE 3: Decrease Castle Casting Speed Time
You need to use Engraving Activation Stone - Rune Castle on Altar to decrease castle casting speed time. Chance of decreasing is not 100%. You've got a screen message of success/failure
If you successfully complete all 3 tasks you need to return to Caroline after the siege to get 60 Castle Siege Soldier Bagdes. If you complete less tasks you will get less badges.
You can exchange this bagdes at Mysterious Butler.
I think in reality of our servers better to buy items of Mysterious Butler with Mysterious Marks.
iMist

Postby Elmar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks a lot for the information! I have posted it on the official forum:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=241855#14

That siege quest is not mentioned in the Korean Powerwiki and I suspect that they don't have it, like they don't have the Hidden Boss Weapons (Freya's Staff etc.) in Korea. It's quite amazing how the different versions are drifting apart :)
Elmar

Postby BeSkitz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 am

There is some misunderstanding of dark castle system or ncsoft servers has serious bug. Are vaults in depended castles suppose to be empty after unsuccessful light campaign? It looks like all adena disappeared or went to Aden and Rune. Or maybe there is something that needs to be done for dark minion castles to get their taxes available to collect?
BeSkitz

Postby shiny » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm

BeSkitz wrote:There is some misunderstanding of dark castle system or ncsoft servers has serious bug. Are vaults in depended castles suppose to be empty after unsuccessful light campaign? It looks like all adena disappeared or went to Aden and Rune. Or maybe there is something that needs to be done for dark minion castles to get their taxes available to collect?

From what i have read, to collect the tax, your territory owning castle needs to be dark ( i.e. Rune or Aden ). Thus if any of the other castles ( Goddard for example ) goes dark, but the territory owning castle ( Rune ) is not dark, Goddard won't take any taxes.
shiny

Postby BeSkitz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I understand that part, both rune and aden are dark.
BeSkitz

Postby Elmar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:51 pm

When exactly did the adena vanish from your vault? On Monday at midnight? Or before that? Directly after the Sunday Campaign finished?

The relevant sentence in the patch notes is this:
성 세금 수입은 상위 성의 캠페인 방어에 성공하고 성주가 변경되지 않으면 매주 월요일 자정에 성금고로 입금된다.

http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%ED% ... 9C#hd87685
When the high-level Castles which receive Castle Tax [i.e. Aden and Rune which take a part of the taxes from Gludio etc.] are successfully defended during the Campaign and the Castle Lord has not changed, the [Castle] Tax is deposited every Monday at midnight in their Castle Vault.

That means a certain amount of your adena, the Castle Tax, wandering to Aden or Rune on Monday would be normal. All your adena vanishing seems to be a bug. I have pointed out in the ask-Cryo-a-question thread that the Siege System can not be tested by a few QA people and that we therefore need a PTS:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.p ... &page=2#36
Cryo answered that their QA team "has the ability to run such tests":
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=240608

So one possibility is that this is working as intended. Another possibility is that the NCWest Quality Assurance Department did not test the Siege System after all and they have no idea what is going on. A third possibility is that they did test it and then, knowing fully well that the Castle Tax transfer is bugged, nevertheless went ahead and let Tauti go live.

If I were you, I would submit a support ticket, giving them a link to this post here. And then be ready to wait :)
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive