[Chronos] Clan situation on Chronos

All topics related to Chronos server life, politics and market. No RMT allowed

[Chronos] Clan situation on Chronos

Postby KenLee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Smittie wrote:A clan so strong that no other clan can take even one castle from them.

Ridiculous how weak the other top clans must be.

Well, Nova was recruiting strong parties and clans since they got mass banned a few years back. Look at the current RR situation, Nova recruited the strong parties and players from that clan that were willing to go to Nova, including the ones that once have been in Genocide for example, and left the weaker to be the competition. These are things that Nova and other clans did since years. How can you build a strong competition when every time there is one is slowly absorbed by the strongest clan? I'm not accusing Nova, could have been any other clan but this is the game in NA. You don't have two strong sides because players don't like the losing side and there is no reward for being in a weaker clan, no Valakas, no Antharas and so on.
KenLee

Clan situation on Chronos

Postby BurnCycle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:41 pm

KenLee wrote:
Smittie wrote:A clan so strong that no other clan can take even one castle from them.

Well, Nova was recruiting strong parties and clans since they got mass banned a few years back. Look at the current RR situation, Nova recruited the strong parties and players from that clan that were willing to go to Nova, including the ones that once have been in Genocide for example, and left the weaker to be the competition. These are things that Nova and other clans did since years. How can you build a strong competition when every time there is one is slowly absorbed by the strongest clan? I'm not accusing Nova, could have been any other clan but this is the game in NA. You don't have two strong sides because players don't like the losing side and there is no reward for being in a weaker clan, no Valakas, no Antharas and so on.

But when the clan gets too big, there is no reward on joining it too! :D
BurnCycle

Re: Clan situation on Chronos

Postby Elmar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:54 am

I split the clan discussion off from the endgame weapon discussion :)

On topic, I could imagine that some people can't square it with their conscience that in big clans the Clan Reputation Points used to buy the Clan Skills have often been acquired by clan members who use 3rd party software. By being a member of such a clan and automatically getting passive Clan Skills when logging in you can't avoid benefiting from 3rd party software, even if you yourself and your constant party are legit. For a moralist like me this would be a prime reason not to join a clan :D
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm

well actually that's more how small clans do it these days, big clans like SH/Nova/DH etc. farm enough CRP just by hunting down wartags/kill ppl at sieges etc.

but going back on topic a clan is only as good as the ppl in it, those with strong leadership and nice & competent players tend to stick around longer even when the odds are way against them..

I had that way back in the early days like C2~5 on Kain with a german clan called Paradigma and I found the same level of profesionalism in SilentHorrors when I moved to Teon, of course I had also good timez with the other clans I've been in between those days but these 2 stand out for having it all :)

minor detail I guess would be that in C2 area there was no hardcore 3rd party stuff going on yet beyond cp/hp pot macros so pvp was more "pure" but honestly you gotta work with what you have and it is what it is right now and in that sense I've had many times mass pvp with SH when Ranger wasn't working and we actually beat our enemies (RedSky aka X/DH) even faster those times so I'm happy where I am right now.
Draecke

Re: Tauti weapon VS R99 pvp wepon

Postby Bronta » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:08 pm

It is only partially about weakness of other clans. The real reason is combination of several things:
a) Nova is strong. Every PvP clan has got some strong toons but Nova concentrates them. To be honest party with Hitcha and Martel (and Diego, although I havent met him in PvP long time) is unbeatable. Each of those two is like top party in other clan. Those who fight Nova know that, those who dont fight with them have to trust this.
b) Nova has got the best scripter in this game. To be clear I am not saying other clans are legit. My guess is that 80+ % of people in PvP clans have scripts. Flame fight on official boards who is legit and who is ranger are only propaganda. Noone can admit that they all are rangers.
The fact is that Nova has got better scripts than the rest. Their autoassist is deadly.
c) because Nova is so strong they locked bosses which drop PvP stones. Nova´s PvP armors just underline their strong toons.
d) only Nova (most probably due to great leadership) can afford to farm important epic bosses (Baium, AQ, Antharas, Valakas). No other clan can do that or can win a fight over such boss. This also produce the disbalance in game because new upgraded jewels are so called uber.
e) almost nobody wants to fight with Nova because there is so high chance practically equaling to certainty that PvP will be lost against Nova. And people are just people. 99 % people follow the old way - "If you cannot beat them, join them". Or they avoid PvP.
f) people who still resist Nova are fragmented in several clans which share long and in most case not very peaceful history that they will never join one common clan. And the fragmentation also means that such people damages allied forces in PvP (using AoE) or debuff them or aggro them.
g) And last not least no clan has the same leadership as now Nova has.

You can fight with 2-3 parties of Nova and win but when Hitcha + Martel come to the battle all you can do is die or soe. Those people can turn winning battle to horrible loss for Nova´s enemies.
These are my few cents as opponent of Nova.
Bronta

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 pm

He makes Nova sound like the akatsuki.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Elmar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Related link:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Akatsuki

(the ideogram means "war"/"fight")

:D
Elmar

Postby Maya » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:26 am

I will tell you how we (Braveheart clan Hindemith/Phoenix) beat Nova for 6 months when they first came to Chronos.
First month they were like a joke, cause they had no heros. They were losing even some daily PvP.
Afterwards they were winning daily PvP and Antharas which was spawning 4 am MSC and we could not really wake up 3 times per week at 3-4 am (fort siege and castle siege) to PvP Nova.

I want to note that back then gear and levels did not make such a huge difference as they do now.

So all was set up before hand. I joined the leadership with kohek and we started building up. We had exactly 3 parties when we started - 2 bulgarian and 1 russian.
However we were not afraid to PvP or to make Antharas for 7 hours with 3 grps. First day of Phoenix we logged in first did ninja Baium and while FS, Nightmare and CD were fighting over Frintezza, we did Antharas. After that I was easy. We showed professionalism and discipline. Slowly people started joining us. Mainly Russians and Bulgarians. Hitch also joined us. In fact his way of leading Nova is my + kohek way of leading BH - have parties running for pvp or PvE or both pre raid/siege time. Spend 15 mins to organize the CC for raid/siege and bam you are 1 hour early already camping. No set CPs, thats bullcrap, perhaps some PvP CPs for big events, but thats all.
You have your entire clan communicating well and being able to play with each other, knowing different playstyles in the clan and etc.

Recruit and do politics. Our small clan first started alone vs all, as Nova did. However soon we started working with Nightmare, then we backstabbed them and joined an ally with CD and FS. Then we backstabbed CD after nightmare was death. At some point BH became 120 people for sieges. Mostly recruited from already killed clans from us.

With all that Nova came. They were helpless for anything that mattered. We were indeed a huge zerg and we did politics well. We took Divine clan to our side and after draining their resources we left them appart. Later Nova started doing like us, dropping wars and inviting their enemies to fight us. At some point the battle was equal and then there were server time changes with the territory wars and then they took over.

But the main thing we kept people in BH was that kohek made sure everybody is progressing with his exp. And I made sure everyone active was getting items and was gearing. I remember we had one lvl 60 OL who was on at every freaking siege and took a Frint Necklase at some point just for showing up at events. KoHeK and I were helping him and other important classes get their levels and their gear. That is what Nova is doing to keep people and have a huge "want to join Nova" list - distributing gear by classes and needs, not selfishly to their friends, as most of the other clans. Heck in my recent spell in FS there was 30 bil worth gear that was standing in the CWH doing nothing. A known RMTer was given a blessed R sword and a day later he left... and etc and etc.

I have written it many times - if you want to have a good clan - give your clannies exp and gear. Thats the whole freaking secret =)
If you want to role the server - do politics and backstabb laters.
Maya

Postby EclecicGroove » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Maya, even with that... Nova still outdid the clan you had.

The problem is not that Nova can't be beaten, it's that other clans will fall in on themselves and self destruct as soon as they "beat" Nova. Which allows Nova to rebuild, analyze what went wrong, recover, and come back. People rag on them for transferring to Sayha ages ago when they got beat down. But they did what they had to do in order to rebuild. Sure some of them have tried to "Rewrite" history about what actually happened on Bartz at the time, but they still rebuilt the entire clan and proceeded to improve and dominate from there.

They are not infallible, nor does everything they do always work out right away.

But right now, looking at Chronos... I don't see them getting beaten unless they self destruct, and the reasons have little to do with their actual clan.

FS, HoE, RR, Enmity, ND, and a few other clans just can NOT work together well. RR leadership is probably the only one really willing to go the distance with other clans, but they often have an issue with firm leadership direction when things get rough.

FS/Enmity leadership has proven time and again, they will only work with you until they get a perceived advantage, and then they will stab you in the back immediately. But unlike Nova, they can't hold it together on their own in the face of real competition.

FS/Enmity/Hoe/RR all have issues with members not following leadership and in essence setting clan policy by ignoring it.

All taken together, those clans (plus others) would MAYBE work together long enough to take Nova down in a brief period... but the moment the scales started to tip towards their favor, they will all fall on each other and leave Nova in a perfect position to pick them apart again.

But I don't even see it going that far. Too much bad blood, too much bad leadership. They will operate in a "don't mess with me and I won't mess with you mode" for a bit, maybe even a few raids/sieges, but I don't see anything else happening.

FS/HOE/RR/Enmity has probably 90% of the remaining best players on the server who are not in Nova. The level, the gear, the dedication to playing. But they are spread out all over the clans, parties, and time zones.

If they want to beat Nova they should collapse into 1 strong clan with the best of the best within it. Solid parties, solid leadership, and then work from there. Work for CoC/oly to get things done and pull some belts as well as hero's. Grab any castle they can hold onto for the cloak.

Then they would let the other clans fall out of wars, or stay to small ones. XP members, get gear, get friendly, find talent, recruit it, replace players who leave, quit, or get banned.

All of that would put them in a position to be Nova's equal on almost every level, as well as have a superior PR to get support.

But I don't see any of that happening. So it's a bit of a moot point.
EclecicGroove

Postby KenLee » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:03 am

All those clan names you mentioned are just names. None from the original Nova is still playing and the clan was also stack on Bartz since the GM's refused to move leadership from a banned CL. The new Renovatio clan is born on Sayha and there is probably only one player who is still playing from that rebuild, MartelX, with only the name tho. With the server merge that happened, the old clan is gone. Anyway, the point is, players come and go. There is no we, the clan, there is only the name of it left, the leadership is passed again to keep the flag up. Same with Enmity, their original members are all gone. After servers transfers, a new Enmity is born and there is probably only one member from that rebuild who is still playing, Lootness. After that, the clan falls again. TD got their CL banned too and they move to Enmity. Another rebuild and from that rebuild we have players like DarkDrag0n and a couple of others but that's it. Probably the same thing or similar happened with many other known clans. The new better players from today will go to clans that have the most concentration of better players, doesn't matter the name. Today it happened to be Nova on Chronos. Players don't like to form a new core of strong players because it takes time, they prefer to go to existing ones.
KenLee

Next

Return to Chronos