Is Something wrong with me?

Is Something wrong with me?

Postby Dawe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:20 am

Hi All,

I am starting to think about stop playing pc games.... because of my recent "health" issues.

I started to notice, that i have problem to press/use skills and care on whats is going on the screen at the same time. Its like a cant do these two things together... I can only either looking at the skill bar and press buttons, or doing nothing and watching where the mobs are, what they do, and what the other players do, etc. This is a quite a problem since GoD when the L2 became "press the skills all over" type of a game.

I been wondering why i am noticing that just now, i always wonder why i am so poor player at oly, or clan PvP (i play an Archer, and i am not able to kill any opponent in Oly/Clan war!! At lvl 96!!)

My problem i guess is that i must concentrate on pressing the button or i don't know... Other people just press skill, my body on the other hand must focus on what to do (that's how i feel it) in that time i cant observe what is going on the screen... then after the skill is finally pressed i change my concentration on the game itself and i must orientate first to see what is going on... The result? Delay,delay,delay...

For example: in the mean time oly opponent used 4-5 skills or so and defeated me.

In the open hunting ground it looks like like this:

I attack mob, use skill then i must orientate where is that mob, what it does in order to react to him... AoE control is even harder (i must observe multiple mobs at the same time)

The disorientation caused by this takes only second or so but its noticeable. Dunno, how to describe my issue, It like i never been made to play pc games.

you guys probably don't even think about it, see the enemies, pressing skills, moving on... no worries.

I planned to buy a better computer, but now...
Dawe

Re: Is Something wrong with me?

Postby Laby » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:32 am

This sounds more pressing than an issue affecting only PC gaming. Did you ever talk about it to a doctor or a health pro ?
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Dawe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Not yet.
Dawe

Postby Laby » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

You should go :)
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Kessarath » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

It sounds like problem with concentration. If You have noticed this recently and never experienced this before so maybe you really should contact a doctor? Question is how old are you, i played video games since childhood with no issues but right now i have noticed that I can't play games when everything is moving around very fast. I experienced this playing Zombie Driver game, momentarily i felt sick. I know that is totally different thing but i have never had this kind of issues and now i have. One way or another you should talk about this with some professional care.
Regards
Kess.

(LUNA) -> (NAIA) (Aeore) Noblesse
Kessarath

Postby Dawe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:09 pm

I noticed this recently, yeah but right now, i am not sure in anything... maybe i didn't pay attention to it until now.
Dawe

Postby Elmar » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 pm

I tend to agree with Kessarath - this could simply be a matter of age. I am 52 myself and I play significantly slower than the e-sports champions you can see in videos :D

But to be on the safe side, you should definitely see a doctor. Maybe you simply don't get enough sleep, but it could also be some glands not working properly, maybe diabetes (I have no idea), or maybe a real brain problem.
Elmar

Postby Dawe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:14 pm

My Age: 26
Dawe

Postby Elmar » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Then it's definitely not age, and probably also not lack of sleep. It will be really best if you go to see a doctor :)
Elmar

Postby Dawe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:50 pm

I guess so,

Few years ago... i had a wierd shiver, smth that i never experienced before... since then, i have headaches, my head is like on fire sometimes, well my entire body feels like hot, but without fewer, and my fingers seems swollen to me.

Few minutes ago i tried in SoA kill few mobs, do the quest. I noticed the issues i have described, and while on i noticed a pressure in my head and hot flushes. I wasn't feel well... I felt that i was played on autopilot. The problem with playing i have is maybe because my brain is not working fully in order to fight with overheating?
Last edited by Dawe on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dawe

Next

Return to Off-Topic