What is need for a Lineage 2 fansite?

What is need for a Lineage 2 fansite?

Postby Dworgul » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi people.

So I do plan since long, that I open an l2 fansite. I did imagine it as a combination of a blog about the daily life of L2 and my character also release news on it about the Lineage 2 and give useful advices to the newbies how to level faster, get more adena etc.

Rochand is a good l2 news source so I don't plan to uber it:). But I think to share with the players useful advices through my dreamed fansite/blog would be useful for many players.

What I would like to know, that if my site would look like as a blog (cuz I'm not so pro in website creation) how much webspace I would need for it, from where is the best to buy webspace and domain or what blog/website maker programs I should use etc.
Dworgul

Re: What is need for a Lineage 2 fansite?

Postby Laby » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:57 pm

I would advise you to start with some free blog hosting website. Blogspot comes to mind, but there are several others. it's free, and probably easier for you to use if you don't have any skills in Development
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Dworgul » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 pm

I did find this WordPress. I don't know how some expert website maker can support it or not, but looked cool. for 100 euro per year they give me maximal usage of WordPress, 13gb space and domain name. Is 13gb enough to run a blog type website?
Dworgul

Postby Kessarath » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Dworgul wrote:Is 13gb enough to run a blog type website?

As long as You don't upload any viodeos directly on Your webside, 13 GB is more than enough in my opinion Dworgul. :)
Regards
Kess.

(LUNA) -> (NAIA) (Aeore) Noblesse
Kessarath

Postby Laby » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:39 pm

A text only blog, with some pictures will hardly go more than 1/2 Gb max :)
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Dworgul » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 pm

That is fine. Back in time mostly from hobby I did make articles for the GameStar Magazine one of online blog. So probably I will learn fast again how to manage the control panel, with time may I will also able to make more complex sites too if necessary.
Btw is it possible, that if I make a website, but later even create a new and bigger one, I be able to move my old web pages to new site as they looked on the old site?
Dworgul

Postby Laby » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Dworgul wrote:Btw is it possible, that if I make a website, but later even create a new and bigger one, I be able to move my old web pages to new site as they looked on the old site?

Short answer : Yes

Less-short answer : Yes, but it may depends on which backend you are using. For example if you started using WordPress and you change for something else (let's say Drupal) things may end up a bit different. Nothing major :)
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Return to Off-Topic