Another Castle Has Fall - Tera

Another Castle Has Fall - Tera

Postby Lineage » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 am

I recently found out, that a 3rd party software has appeared to work with Tera clients. It is worse than L2's Ranger, even though it works with scripts as well, but Tera's client lacks any kind of security.

The bad thing with that is that both NA publisher EnMasse and EU publisher Gameforge are unable to combat it, if the Korean dev doesn't address the security of the game client. The software appeared December 2016.

It all started by the efforts of a player who was trying to addressing the latency issues between client and server and fps drop, since both are quite significant in an action combat system like Tera. He manage to develop a software that could interfere between client-server packets. The problem was that it was distributed freely, and that open the road for others to jump in and start making proprietary scripts that could do much more than addressing the latency issues and skill lag for example.
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Re: Another Castle Has Fall - Tera

Postby Laby » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 am

Is it really the first of this kind, or the first being easily available ?

I would be surprised if a MMO was without any bots for so long
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Lineage » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 am

From my own personal experience, i never remember going to an area to grind or complete a quest and see bots or being in a party and having someone in auto.

Of course there were mentions on forum about bots and screenshots, but those weren't actual players but probably farmers. Whatever software there were using wasn't efficient and they were getting banned easily.

The game is designed in a way that you don't need to buy gold or special items with real money in order to progress or be top. You just log in game and you earn it through game play with a somewhat ease, compared with L2 for example.

But this new software, is both efficient and widely available. And it is focused on making your char react in the proper way and within the proper time both in PvE and PvP.

So now real players have a "reason" to use it.
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Postby BergEr » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 am

Lineage wrote:It all started by the efforts of a player who was trying to addressing the latency issues between client and server and fps drop, since both are quite significant in an action combat system like Tera. He manage to develop a software that could interfere between client-server packets. The problem was that it was distributed freely, and that open the road for others to jump in and start making proprietary scripts that could do much more than addressing the latency issues and skill lag for example.

Well L2 had this for years before Tera was even live so im surprised if Tera didn't have this since open beta already just not public info. Can even be based on that program since the sourcecode is out there.

Laby wrote:Is it really the first of this kind, or the first being easily available ?

I would be surprised if a MMO was without any bots for so long

Tera had working bots in open/closed beta like any MMO from last 10 years.
BergEr

Postby Illogical » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am

BergEr wrote:Tera had working bots in open/closed beta like any MMO from last 10 years.

Exactly. I was battling bots in Tera on CBT EU
Illogical

Return to Off-Topic