Lineage 2 Revolution

Re: Lineage 2 Revolution

Postby Elmar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:54 pm

langlang wrote:Nearly every single tradable piece of currency in game is bought from the publisher. So when the server starts, there is literally 0 money in the economy until someone spends 30 dollars to get 1000 gold. Then they take that 1000 gold and trade it to other players buying items from them. Now multiple players have gold but the total gold in existence is still 1000. However, there are still traditional gold sinks so in reality that 1000 gold eventually goes back to 0 gold as it gets burned in game until someone else buys another 1000 gold for 30$.

This absolutely stabilizes the economy and prevents inflation, end game weapons would always be worth x amount of gold and x amount of gold would always equal x amount of real life money, although end game items would shift over time as new stuff was added, it effectively created a price cap because the average pay to win player would not ever be willing to spend more than x money for any given item since the value of gold rarely fluctuated.

But what's to prevent a player who is rich in real life to buy huge amounts of gold? As far as I understand it, you can set whatever price you want in your player shop, trade via mail or direct trade:
http://9yin.woniu.com/secret/newdo/2014/0626/11052.html
So if somebody charges a high price for a Super Sword, a rich player will pay that, inducing other sellers to also raise their prices. Even if there is a maxiumum of 1000 ingots a Famous and Talented Martial Artist can carry (30 ingots for Proletarians), payment in installments could easily circumvent that? You would have a runaway inflation like when Lineage 2 exploits have successfully evaded detection, and gold would be devalued.

By the way, a sequel to Age of Wushu with Unreal Engine 4 is under development:
http://9yin2.woniu.com/

:)
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Elmar wrote:By the way, a sequel to Age of Wushu with Unreal Engine 4 is under development:

looks good, reminds me of Fallout 4 on max details :)
Draecke

Postby Elmar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm

They are at the moment recruiting players for the Closed Beta Test/首测 (the big red rectangular button in the top part of the page). Unfortunately you need a Chinese mobile telephone to register.

Even though I have seen the 九阴 icon on internet cafe computers I have never played the game myself. I barely find the time to play Lineage 2 :)

The interesting question for Aram is, since Lineage 2 Revolution uses basically the same system (adena for NPCs, Blue Diamonds for trades between players), has there been a noticeable inflation? After all, L2R has been operational for almost a year now.
Is there anything to limit the amount of Blue Diamonds a player can buy from Netmarble?
Or did the low-grade equipment actually get cheaper in the Auction House as R-Grade and SR-Grade were introduced?
Elmar

Postby langlang » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:26 am

Elmar wrote:
langlang wrote:Nearly every single tradable piece of currency in game is bought from the publisher. So when the server starts, there is literally 0 money in the economy until someone spends 30 dollars to get 1000 gold. Then they take that 1000 gold and trade it to other players buying items from them. Now multiple players have gold but the total gold in existence is still 1000. However, there are still traditional gold sinks so in reality that 1000 gold eventually goes back to 0 gold as it gets burned in game until someone else buys another 1000 gold for 30$.

This absolutely stabilizes the economy and prevents inflation, end game weapons would always be worth x amount of gold and x amount of gold would always equal x amount of real life money, although end game items would shift over time as new stuff was added, it effectively created a price cap because the average pay to win player would not ever be willing to spend more than x money for any given item since the value of gold rarely fluctuated.

But what's to prevent a player who is rich in real life to buy huge amounts of gold? As far as I understand it, you can set whatever price you want in your player shop, trade via mail or direct trade:
http://9yin.woniu.com/secret/newdo/2014/0626/11052.html
So if somebody charges a high price for a Super Sword, a rich player will pay that, inducing other sellers to also raise their prices. Even if there is a maxiumum of 1000 ingots a Famous and Talented Martial Artist can carry (30 ingots for Proletarians), payment in installments could easily circumvent that? You would have a runaway inflation like when Lineage 2 exploits have successfully evaded detection, and gold would be devalued.

By the way, a sequel to Age of Wushu with Unreal Engine 4 is under development:

Well snail games would double dip behind the scenes and make sure that didn't happen. Even though every single item and skill was obtainable in game through contesting world content/farming/craft, every so often snail would also offer special promotions to directly sell the extremely rare stuff, basically setting a hard cap on price. If you want to pay 1000$ for something, then you buy it directly from the company. if a player wanted to sell it for more... it simply wouldn't happen because other players with the same rare stuff will under cut them. Snail also provides premium support for their big spenders, after you spent 2000 dollars or more they would email a skype address for you to directly talk to gms and they would directly sell you items for a set price. This way the rich could spend as much money as they wanted to get whatever they wanted, while marginally effecting the in game economy and the normal spenders/free to play players could continue without the shadow of a whale ruining everything by throwing money at the screen. They could still pay to win, but the effects it had on the economy were subdued.

Also the way it worked in china versus the west was different. A lot of the freedom to buy and sell was remove in the western version due to the massive fraud that happened in beta/prerelease. It's a system that works, but the company has to work to make it work.
langlang

Postby Aram » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:44 am

Elmar wrote:The interesting question for Aram is, since Lineage 2 Revolution uses basically the same system (adena for NPCs, Blue Diamonds for trades between players), has there been a noticeable inflation? After all, L2R has been operational for almost a year now.
Is there anything to limit the amount of Blue Diamonds a player can buy from Netmarble?
Or did the low-grade equipment actually get cheaper in the Auction House as R-Grade and SR-Grade were introduced?

First of all, I must note, that court NM with GRAC divided L2R in two diffirent apps at Korea.
12+ version
and 18+ version (Important moment I'm playing only 18+ version).

In 18+ ver. Blue Diamons wasn't deleted, but add new ingame money type - Green Diamond, which players can get not only with L2store :D
A few key points:
[*] All items in L2store/Auction which players can buy for Blue Diamond, they can buy with Green.
[*] Players can get Green Diamonds from PvE (Open Field RB or 2 PvE dungeons with free PK mode) and PvP - 3x3 arena (Hall of Fame)

When Auction was reopened with Green Diamonds prices also was dropdown

Here price of Elven Necl. before and after update

Finally, the answer to your question is yes. Here my compare, 2-3 month before price on the Enchantment Weapon Scroll
and today

In the first view its a tiny difference, but that %% correlated with any goods of a higher price too.
P.S. While price on Diamonds not changed
Aram

Postby Elmar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:47 pm

That's indeed interesting. Somehow those Green Diamonds remind me of the Ancient Adena we could get from the old Catacombs and Necropoli - only available in special, not so easy places and necessary to trade (in the case of old L2 with the Mammon Family). What the real adena to Ancient Adena trade was in the old L2 is the trickle-down effect that langlang descibed on the previous page in L2R. I sell something for Diamonds, then I myself have Diamonds without needing to buy from Netmarble or engage in PvP and can buy from other players in return.
Elmar

Postby Lineage » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Maybe i' m getting old, but i couldn't stand playing a game on a phone's screen:

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/mobile/451 ... me-at-1080
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Postby MYSTERYouse » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Elmar wrote:So if somebody charges a high price for a Super Sword, a rich player will pay that, inducing other sellers to also raise their prices. Even if there is a maxiumum of 1000 ingots a Famous and Talented Martial Artist can carry (30 ingots for Proletarians), payment in installments could easily circumvent that? ...

If there is some sort of a limit how much gold or whatever currency you can carry, players usually find a way around it. I remember from Guild Wars, you were limited 100 Platinum (1Platinum = 1000Gold coins) in your inventory and 1000 Platinum in your warehouse. Players started to use rare materials - Globs of Ectoplasm as a payment item (priced at around 6platinum), but you could hold them in stack of 255 in your inventory basically allowing you to make bigger trades for expensive items without the need of multiple trades involved.
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 103 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Previous

Return to General Discussion