Chinese Official servers (Tiantang2)

Chinese Official servers (Tiantang2)

Postby Kalinia » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 am

Hey everyone.

I was browsing a russian forum and I stumbled upon some pictures of the chinese L2 servers. Prepare to be mind-blown.

Maybe Elmar can provide us with more info on this?

Original thread: http://forum.zone-game.info/showthread.php?t=22561
Official Chinese L2 Servers: http://tiantang2.qq.com/
Kalinia

Re: Chinese Official servers (Tiantang2)

Postby Elmar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 am

What you found there is the Mainland Chinese version, where I play. This is a licensed version, rented out to Tengxun, the pioneer on chatrooms and browser games in China. It is heavily customized, with many more quests than we have, but the monsters only giving exp and no SP, so you absolutely must do the quests. This is a major reason why there are practically no bots there (apart from the fact that everybody can only have one account, which is tied to your ID Card number).

The English NPC text on your screenshots indicates that they were taken on a modified, stolen server. In China it's of course all Chinese.

The yellow shout is done via a "bullhorn" you can buy in their NCoin store, so-to-speak a poor man's hero chat :D
It's mostly used for clan recruiting, you can see a lvl 80 Sword Muse looking for somebody who helps them level to 85, and on the screenshot of Aden Square there is an authentic Chinese Real Money Trader.
Elmar

Postby Kalinia » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 am

Ohh! Very interesting! But, how come they've got the freedom to heavily customize the client and the server while NCWest and Innova receive encrypted versions of the server files?

The English text is because the guy who took the pics replaced the sysstring.dat and all -cn files with -en. :P

Thank you for the info, Elmar! :)
Kalinia

Postby Laby » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:06 am

Being able to jump, I am jealous
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Elmar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 pm

The jumping is done with the space bar and has the disadvantage that in that mode the hotkeys (F1~F12) don't work, i.e. you must use your skills by clicking them in the Skills window. Therefore I and almost all other players have disabled jumping, opting for the old-school L2. You only see people jump in the character creation area on Talking Island, when they try out what the tutorial tells them (you can see it in the smaller screenshot above).

@ Kalinia:
The modification was done under direct supervision from NCKorea. They had sent a team to Shanghai, and the Tengxun people were working under their guidance, constantly being watched while accessing the files. That took a very long time, much longer than expected, and was not repeated. Mainland China is still in the original, pre-Tauti GoD version, with the Territory Wars.
Tengxun has no way to customize anything on their own, and since NCKorea now doesn't have the money any more to have highly qualified developers stay abroad for almost a year (the cost of living in Shanghai is the same as in Seoul, Zürich or Tokyo, and during that time the developers must keep on paying their rent at home), Mainland China is stuck at GoD 1. This is what will happen to us when L2@NCKorea is getting completely shut down.
Elmar

Postby ZeroX » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 am

Dat skillbar

easier acess to items near the map

lvl on mobs window

do want :(

aaaaa the other side of the world!
ZeroX

Postby hivitro » Wed May 01, 2013 1:20 am

Nice info!

The mob level in windows is just a config option. Is not bad idea like the auto pickup adenas.

I know now why China Farmers go to ncwest, no control and free infinite accounts to level up and farm.

Its not for me, i play alone in the night and need my chars to helpme.. But in china.. i think servers are allways full of people to do instances
hivitro

Postby Elmar » Tue May 07, 2013 5:42 pm

China is a two time-zone territory (Peking Time and Sinkiang Time one hour earlier), so there tend to be lively times and more quiet times. I myself play during the day, when most people are at school or work, but even then I always get party invitations from random people in the hunting grounds. Everybody having only one account, tied to the ID Card number (with the exception of a few who use the ID Card of their aunt in Wuhan) does wonders for player interaction :)
Elmar

Postby proudman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 am

I'm an expat living in China. I have play L2 since closed Beta back in 2003. I want to play on the Chinese server tiantang. I have started play, but want to change to English text as I cannot read all the quests. Does anyone know of how to change the Chinese text to English?
proudman

Postby Sava » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am

Damnthat topic is older than my kids ...

But since we ressurecting stuff, any chance Elmar or anyone can share some screens ?
Sava

Next

Return to General Discussion