Blade & Soul

Re: Blade & Soul

Postby Elmar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 am

langlang wrote:Ah yes, those poor community managers. Such a tragic life, getting paid to moderate forums and tell lies to children. Why is everyone so mean to them? Their jobs are sooo hard.

In Lineage 2 they have learned from Sace's mistakes and stopped telling outright lies that can be easily pinned down. Recently there was a bit of unhappiness about largely useless event rewards being deleted with the end of the event. After protests they decided to keep the items in-game for another 4 weeks:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=283328#17
This cost them just a bit of re-coding and appears as a nice gesture.

On the other hand, by recently changing the NCoin currency conversion they are getting more than 10% additional revenue from European players with one fell swoop. This also led to protests, but there, where real money is concerned, they remain firm:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=283567#2
Of course a lot of European players are now saying "no more money from me", but as soon as the 5 slot brooch hits the L2Store - "Only for two weeks! Buy now before it is too late!" - those NCoin boycotters will all cave in :D

I don't know whether it was Juji, BusterCasey or - most probably - Bashiok who came up with that strategy, but this is absolutely brilliant! :mrgreen:
Elmar

Postby socketka » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:19 am

Elmar wrote:Of course a lot of European players are now saying "no more money from me", but as soon as the 5 slot brooch hits the L2Store - "Only for two weeks! Buy now before it is too late!" - those NCoin boycotters will all cave in :D

Everyone normal will buy these for RMTed adena or from US friends.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Those who bought NCoins/L2Store items for RMTed adena have been doing so for a long time and will continue to do so. When American friends buy the NCoins in a legit way, NCsoft still gets its 100 dollars' worth, and on top of that are the poor children who don't have American friends and who will buy the same amount of NCoins at 118 dollars or whatever.

You are insofar right as the Real Money Trading will increase. More bots incoming, more new players giving up at lvl 3, when the ranged Dark Elves shoot down all the Training Golems right in front of their nose, death of the servers accelerated :D
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 am

https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/founders/ ... on-website

wtb premium account boost packs on L2..
Draecke

Postby BergEr » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 am

Rofl selling beta access to a game thats years old.
BergEr

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:07 pm

u can even play the RU version translated to english right now for quite awhile. easy to register and all... hah
ZeroX

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby langlang » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Glad I didnt preorder blade and soul:
http://www.massivelyop.com/2016/01/13/n ... ontroversy

gms got caught stealing popular names. The problem with this is that one of the big perks for their end priced preorder packages was name reservations ontop of the early access. Brand Manager claims its to prevent random people from selling them (which is perfectly fine to begin with). I suspect that the gm who stole them undoubtedly intended to do that very thing in the first place. As usual, the ignorant masses respond with 'lol it doesnt matter' and 'grow up' while completely missing the point of such overt corruption and the non-apology that followed.

ncwest continues to be corrupt and incompetent. A competent company wouldn't take any potential player's name. There simply isn't any reason to other than for short term personal financial gain. Apparently one of the names in question was 'naruto', which will undoubtedly be highly desirable considering b&s genre. Wonder what other iconic names were secretly snagged by ncsoft employees, only to be sold later down the line.

The response that "this is standard procedure" is a non-starter. Obviously, gm characters should have their characters made prior to launch and that implies having reserved names. But those reserved names are traditionally intended to be things in the realm of "gm_forum'sname" or "community manager's name" not "random pop culture reference or anime character that can sell for hundreds of dollars".
langlang

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Illogical » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Everything Cryo touches is tained for life. Bots and Souls is the same.
/wait for lawsuit vs NCSoft for using the name Naruto
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:32 pm

I am afraid that you are right. People like Cryo are a cancer that eats up any company. The Producer sets the tone for the Team, and a habitual liar like Cryo is naturally creating an atmosphere of lies, cheating and deception at the office. Brand Manager Julianne Harty, who is here trying to justify the GM's actions, is the one who aided Cryo in the Race Name Forgery:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lsyj1W6LyA

Once a criminal, always a criminal.
Elmar

Postby Sabotin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:49 pm

What's the bot situation in this game? I'm trying it out and the chat is flooded with rmt shouts. I find the combo/conditional skill use interesting, but I'm afraid that automating this would make an even bigger difference than in Lineage.
Sabotin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion