Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby CDVM » Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 pm

f2p? p2w confirmed ^^ b&s is that dead in kr to assume that it wont last as p2p in the west?
CDVM

Postby Pretume » Wed May 20, 2015 9:34 pm

CDVM wrote:f2p? p2w confirmed ^^ b&s is that dead in kr to assume that it wont last as p2p in the west?

I don't think so, based on the last quarterly earnings, B&S and GW2 were the only MMOs that made more money compared to 4Q14. My only problem with those two game is that they are about end game instanced pvp-pve. If someday a game focused on open pve-pvp like Lineage 1-Lineage 2(Pre-instances time) but with the same gameplay as GW2 or B&S come, I'll be sold to this.
Pretume

Postby BergEr » Thu May 21, 2015 4:07 am

BergEr

Blade & Soul

Postby Elmar » Thu May 21, 2015 4:14 am

Well, the good news is that Blade & Soul won't be operated by NCWest but by a separate outfit. On paper the team introductions so far published sound not bad:
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/201 ... -part-one/

The game itself was originally a huge success in China, but after some time people started complaining about doing nothing but always the same daily quests, much like lvl 85+ in Lineage 2. I am not sure what "bringing the best version of Blade & Soul to the West" is supposed to mean. Lineage 2 has been heavily modified for the Chinese market, with leveling being done exclusively through quests, so the Blade & Soul they play in China might also not be what we will get. Let's see :)

A certain problem for elderly persons like me might be the WASD movement and the question whether a game with such elaborate graphics can be played on a normal computer with a normal internet connection. I definitely do like the graphic language with the ink-brush style movement visualisation. It's a pity that Art Director Kim Hyeong-tae left NCsoft on January 8, 2014:
http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/ ... 4/?n=52432

Elmar

Re: Blade & Soul

Postby Tiferet » Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 am

It definitely looks interesting, wuxia stuff fascinates me and I'm a fan of Hyeong Tae-Kim ever since Magna Carta (PS2 game). I didn't really expect the game to release outside of the Asian market for real...
Elmar, you're rightly concerned about elaborated graphics. NCSoft developed games tend to be very heavy in that department, mainly because of excessive details or bad optimization. My belief is that the blame should lie in the latter...
[Naia] Tiferet - Aeore Healer / Wynn Summoner / Shillien Templar / Ghost Sentinel (retired)
[Guild Wars 2] Macha Whitelight - (Mesmer) and 7 other toons (Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, Guardian, Thief, Warrior, Engineer)
Tiferet

Postby Lineage » Thu May 21, 2015 10:56 am

Tiferet wrote:It definitely looks interesting, wuxia stuff fascinates me and I'm a fan of Hyeong Tae-Kim ever since Magna Carta (PS2 game). I didn't really expect the game to release outside of the Asian market for real...
Elmar, you're rightly concerned about elaborated graphics. NCSoft developed games tend to be very heavy in that department, mainly because of excessive details or bad optimization. My belief is that the blame should lie in the latter...

I think that is a dilemma ("δίλημμα" in Greek (pronounced the same way), do you see the similarity of the graphic symbols?) for every company that wants to lure customers when they introduce a new product. Can they offer something different than quests/grind/dungeons/dailies?

The only way is the graphics/animation aspect.

But when i see BnS i don't see beautiful or sexy characters. And the combat seems to fast for the human eye. Maybe they focus on younger people.
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Postby Pretume » Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm

I think the main and only difference between B&S CH and KR are the outfits, in China the female outfits are "less revealing" than Korea version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFZdd6TwjA
Pretume

Postby SirBash » Thu May 21, 2015 4:40 pm

I hate WASD games....
SirBash

Postby Pretume » Thu May 21, 2015 5:27 pm

SirBash wrote:I hate WASD games....

Nobody would spend $ 50 million in an AAA game to use click to move in 2015 for 1% of the players that like it. 99% of the players hate it. The only exception still is the top-down view games such as LoL or Diablo, top-down view + click to move combo still hasn't aged.

The most impressive is that NC made L2 click to move for 2003 when older games from 1998 like Everquest had a fully working WASD + TAB targeting system.
Pretume

Next

Return to General Discussion