Lineage 2 Mobile

Re: Lineage 2 Mobile

Postby dada » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:16 am

has nothing to do with l2, the characters look bad and the models look highly polygonal, is there any pvp ? i would doubt it.
dada

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Let's say it's inspired by Lineage 2 :)

Don't forget, this is supposed to be played on mobile telephones, and even with high-end devices there are severe limitations. First of all the size of the screen, and then the memory capacity. This is why the Snail Games version has (so far) no Dwarves and the Netmarble version no Orcs and Kamael. But there is open PvP, at least in the Netmarble version:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1522&start=60#p34041
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Update:
The Snail Games version of Lineage 2 Mobile (already live in China) also has PvP:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
Elmar

Postby BergEr » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Elmar wrote:Let's say it's inspired by Lineage 2 :)

Don't forget, this is supposed to be played on mobile telephones, and even with high-end devices there are severe limitations. First of all the size of the screen, and then the memory capacity. This is why the Snail Games version has (so far) no Dwarves and the Netmarble version no Orcs and Kamael. But there is open PvP, at least in the Netmarble version:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1522&start=60#p34041

High end phones now are only behind in cpu & gpu power over average pcs. They still beat things like xbox360/wiiu in performance. And the integrated graphics of 6~ year old PCs and lets not forgett that were talking about a 10+ year old game =D
http://kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/
The only thing missing might be the code. Iv heard rumors that ARM gflops aint 1:1 with pc/console gflops but never seen a good source for it.

The storage and ram is usually also faster since its ddr4 now on phones.
Most have higher resolution screen (1920x1080 is still not the norm on desktop PCs and most phones passed that years ago) and many have more ram =D
Size might be on thing though, but most dont even want a 5" screen so it wont go much higher. Like most can't hold a 5.5" phone and use it with one hand.

My phone got 6GB ram and 64GB storage :d

Afaik the asian markets are also even more saturated with high end phones so the only reason to not include stuff in the game is money imo.
Takes time to convert stuff I guess.
Can also be like I said earlier in this thread, when they started this project phones were 4 years behind what they are now.
2 years ago we had Snapdragon 800. Now the 820 is 4 times faster.
Ram also went from 1-2GB to 6GB in same time =D
BergEr

Postby Elmar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Chief Developer Bak Beom-jin said that the constraints leading to the abandoning of Orcs are, apart from memory, also due to "package size"/패키지 사이즈, whatever that may mean (transfer speed aka lag?):
http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/ ... 5/?n=63827
(about halfway down the page, above the picture of the Human Warrior)

This could just be an excuse though. I don't fully trust those Netmarble people - they make too many announcements and in the end produce rather limited results.
Elmar

Postby dada » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:36 am

smartphones even today have low internal memory , l2 needs 20gb on pc, my samsung galaxy has 8gb intenralt total, 4gb is system etc, so u have 4gb space left...
dada

Postby BergEr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:33 pm

Elmar wrote:Chief Developer Bak Beom-jin said that the constraints leading to the abandoning of Orcs are, apart from memory, also due to "package size"/패키지 사이즈, whatever that may mean (transfer speed aka lag?):

This could just be an excuse though. I don't fully trust those Netmarble people - they make too many announcements and in the end produce rather limited results.

Not misstrusting your translations, just saying that the limitation shouldn't be there on current gen top end phones atleast (and tbh not last gen either).
And you usually should have some forsight while doing projects like this.

dada wrote:smartphones even today have low internal memory , l2 needs 20gb on pc, my samsung galaxy has 8gb intenralt total, 4gb is system etc, so u have 4gb space left...

Well thats an older phone I guess? Or mby not top/higher end, though Iv never seen ppl use non topend phones (that would be in the demographic of this game).
S7 have 32/64GB storage and microSD for up to another 256GB.
Also 4GB ram which should be plenty.

Even my phone from 7 years ago could take 64GB SD cards.
BergEr

Postby Elmar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:54 pm

BergEr wrote:
Elmar wrote:Chief Developer Bak Beom-jin said that the constraints leading to the abandoning of Orcs are, apart from memory, also due to "package size"/패키지 사이즈, whatever that may mean (transfer speed aka lag?):

Not misstrusting your translations, just saying that the limitation shouldn't be there on current gen top end phones atleast (and tbh not last gen either).
And you usually should have some forsight while doing projects like this.

The developers may have fallen prey to their prejudices about a backward China. About 3/4 down the page, in the second question/answer block under the Chinese screenshot, Kwon Yeong-shik, the Netmarble Neo representative, says that they intend entering the Chinese market, competing with Snail Games, and are worried about the downward compatibility of Lineage 2: Revolution. He says that at the time of entering the Chinese market (i.e. in the near future) there are primarily low-end devices (낮은 사양의 디바이스) over there. "However, high-performance devices are rapidly spreading" (하지만 높은 성능의 디바이스가 빠르게 보급되). It looks as if his timing is somewhat off. High-performance devices have already spread (the press conference was on August 11 this year), and now even higher-performance devices are appearing. Talk about being behind the times :D
Elmar

Postby langlang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:56 pm

If there has been one thing consistent in korean culture that I have always found baffling, it is their completely unjustified belief that they are inherently superior to everyone else. Don't get me wrong, lots of cultures held a similar idea at some point and it was a useful way to keep ancient societies together, but I always felt koreans took it a step too far. And the strangest thing is that many of them firmly believe this backward idea even while being a first rate modern country. There have been so many missed opportunities just in the mmo industry because korea publishers didn't want to waste their time with western gamers. Of course, western publishers are partially to blame for this as well but what do we see now? Chinese mmos are now coming to the west, being successful, and filling in a void that koreans completely snubbed while at the same time, their mmo industry struggles and collapses as their market migrates to phone games. Chinese know how to do business!
langlang

Postby Lineage » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:18 pm

From http://2p.com/44930205_1/Lineage-2-Revo ... by-Wei.htm :

The game will first release in South Korea, then China and Japan, and finally the western market. The game's developer Netmarble Games announced today Lineage 2: Revolution will start closed beta in South Korea on October 13.

Western players don't have to wait until 2017 to play the game. Tencent Games is going to publish the game in China and western players can try the game's Chinese version later this year.
      Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
      Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
      Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
      BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
      WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
      Lineage

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion