Future of Lineage 2 at InnovaEU

Future of Lineage 2 at InnovaEU

Postby Ergo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:26 am

Hello.
I made this thread to hear about opinions of how will thing turn for lineage in Europe. Since its the only game i have enjoyed to fullest and there never have been any mmo that would give me as much fun as L2.
I would like to hear your ideas of how will l2 develop or if it will simply die. Both classic and God was enjoyable for me. But both projects are more or less lacking people.
Right now Skelth can be regarded as dead. Core also is back to the point as it was before the merge with Lilith. Investing time and money into these two is simply a waste.

Question is what will happen to our beloved game in EU or even USA. Is the game going to be overtaken by Lineage Eternal? Are the EU projects going to be merged with RU ones?
Or maybe Innova will work towards running another project? So what are your opinions guys?
Ergo

Re: Future of Lineage 2 at InnovaEU

Postby Elmar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

I am not up-to-date at all with Innova company politics, so I can't really give you an answer. But what you should always keep in mind, while online numbers are certainly an indicator for the success or failure of a game, what companies are exclusively interested in is the revenue that is extracted from the player base. Due to the toxic time-point payment system, NCKorea is failing spectacularly in that respect. NCWest, on the other hand, has very few real players (most of the online numbers are RMT bots), but by skillfully exploiting human weakness through gambling events, they have made it to the rank of top contributor for Lineage 2 worldwide. Innova has a pay-to-play Premium Account system which does not make them rich, but provides a stable base revenue that can be added to via occasional pay-to-win store events.

Last Friday NCWest has launched a major anti-bot campaign:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.p ... age=10#187
This means the exodus of players who have turned away/moved to Core in disgust about the rampant cheating must have reached a dimension that was financially felt. Otherwise NCsoft would not have invested any money for developing those elaborate bot detection methods. In the wake of the first euphoria many old players are returning to NCWest, and if the company keeps up their anti-bot policies, they will probably stop the exodus to Core. This is good for us, but bad for Innova. No fresh meat coming in :D

About Lineage Eternal I have serious doubts. The fact that nothing has been revealed about the game except continuously postponed dates for Open Beta testing makes one suspect that the developers are not sure of themselves and their product at all. Only time will tell.

About the further developments in Lineage 2 the only thing I can tell you that after the latest update in Korea, Grand Crusade, there was one Command Channel on one server who checked out the new content. They found that the drops in the new hunting grounds were abyssal, absolutely not worth the effort, and nothing has been heard since; players are completely ignoring the new content:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1645&start=50#p33621

The Arena System, however, was a huge success in Korea:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1265&start=850#p33431
Overseas Lead Designer Nam Taek-rim has already announced that we will get it at NCWest:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1639&start=30#p33508
Since the export version of the game is basically the same for all territories, InnovaRU and InnovaEU will most probably also get the Arena System, maybe with an improved party matching system that allows you to play with your friends :)
Elmar

Postby Foxsym » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Innova starting to do something with EU classic server.

PLAY LINEAGE II CLASSIC WITH A EUROPEAN PROMO KEY FROM INNOVA AND MOP
http://massivelyop.com/2016/06/15/lineage-2-classic-giveaway-key/
OFF - Naia Yul Trickster 92 | Core Tyrr Dreadnought 96 | Eva Cleric 23 | Gran Kain Cleric 28 | Lancer Tyrr Titan 92
Foxsym

Postby OwenWilson » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:58 am

I returned to Core after a 1.5 year hiatus, the low population is a problem indeed, only stacked players are remaining on the server, cannot even find a regular k95 party, everybody is looking for duos and trios. Even the european forum is dead, a week could go by without a new post in General Discussion.
OwenWilson

Return to General Discussion