Lost Ark

Lost Ark

Postby Pretume » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:42 am

Lost Ark first closed beta on August 24, maybe it will push NCsoft to release news of LE soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYhJx74eEU4
Pretume

Re: Lineage Eternal Worldwide Global Release KR/US! (more in

Postby Aram » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 pm

One more new Lost Ark video https://youtu.be/JDVTU4TLhhw (with Eng subtitles)
Very impressive :)
Aram

Lineage Eternal

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Aram wrote:One more new Lost Ark video https://youtu.be/JDVTU4TLhhw (with Eng subtitles)

Very impressive indeed. It's hard to imagine how Lineage Eternal can beat Lost Ark content-wise. Mining, Fishing, Boating ..., much more than just AoE-slaughtering not very intelligent monsters that keep coming at you no matter how many of their comrades already lie dead on the ground :P

Talking about slaughter, all the classes, at least those which were introduced in the video, seem to be damage dealers. No buffers, no healers.
And there was no party array. Every player on his own, just a loose cooperation. No exp-leaching. But since there is no buffer, there will also be no party-wide buffs, no party-related healing, no Balance Life etc.
An interesting concept.
Elmar

Re: Lineage Eternal

Postby Aram » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Elmar wrote:
Aram wrote:One more new Lost Ark video https://youtu.be/JDVTU4TLhhw (with Eng subtitles)

Talking about slaughter, all the classes, at least those which were introduced in the video, seem to be damage dealers. No buffers, no healers.
And there was no party array. Every player on his own, just a loose cooperation. No exp-leaching. But since there is no buffer, there will also be no party-wide buffs, no party-related healing, no Balance Life etc.
An interesting concept.

Yea, that very sad, hope LE following classic mmoprg way
Aram

Postby Pretume » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Elmar wrote:

Very impressive indeed. It's hard to imagine how Lineage Eternal can beat Lost Ark content-wise. Mining, Fishing, Boating ..., much more than just AoE-slaughtering not very intelligent monsters that keep coming at you no matter how many of their comrades already lie dead on the ground :P

An interesting concept.

They are eliminating support roles in today's MMOs because it is easier to balance classes and it also makes easier to create party - you can have either a party made of the same class as well as a party made of different classes.

In WoW for example, there is only the 3 basic roles (the holy trinity: tanker, healer, DPS), even so, people in WoW still struggle to find a healer and a tanker for their parties.

The situation gets worse in a game as Lineage 2 Classic which requires people to look for 4-5 different supports, no wonder why there are so many people with multiboxed buffers in CPs as finding so many live obscure-unpopular classes is almost impossible.

For Lineage Eternal x Lost Ark, I'm interested in which game offers the best open world and open pvp.
Pretume

Postby Sevraine » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:32 pm

I've always thought that the support classes system of l2 was broken, and that allowing people to dual box their own buffers is amazingly damaging to the class system.

A few years ago I was looking for some other mmo to burn my weekends playing when a friend said we should try Forsaken World. I didn't really like that game, but I got to play the Bard, which was actually pretty cool.
The way the bard's buffs worked involved using a set of low to medium damage dealing skills, which needed to be used in the right order to trigger a 30 to 45 second buff that increased stats like p atk, def or speed. This meant that instead of having something like a boxed prophet buffing every 20/40 minutes, you had a live character, doing some damage and actually having an active role in the hunting/pvp.
Sevraine

Postby BergEr » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:59 am

Sevraine wrote:I've always thought that the support classes system of l2 was broken, and that allowing people to dual box their own buffers is amazingly damaging to the class system.

A few years ago I was looking for some other mmo to burn my weekends playing when a friend said we should try Forsaken World. I didn't really like that game, but I got to play the Bard, which was actually pretty cool.
The way the bard's buffs worked involved using a set of low to medium damage dealing skills, which needed to be used in the right order to trigger a 30 to 45 second buff that increased stats like p atk, def or speed. This meant that instead of having something like a boxed prophet buffing every 20/40 minutes, you had a live character, doing some damage and actually having an active role in the hunting/pvp.

Boxing buffers are nice though when you can't find players.
I would have 10 clients up for doing "solo" trains on necrospot in FoG =D

I always liked that system with many classes doing different things. Now most MMOs are so same that you barely can tell one class from another.

Though L2 focused on putting debuffs on buffers as part of the more active gameplay. Problem was that you almost never needed the debuffs.
Until they added like stigma and more stuff on tanks. Hex from BD was always nice, but hard to warrant the mana cost.
Or how any clan would want an OL for sieges but none would level and gear one because so useless (except rare cases where mage groups were good for exp).
But yea classes like Prophet was shit for pve, only root and manaburn after you done your buffs. But you could go full dps gear and hit stuff.

For solo spots you could almost always manage with herbs, pots/scrolls from CH/7s or pets. It was just simply better with dedicated buffers.
I played with the damn kookaburra behind me all the time on my doombringer to even be close to have enough mana =D
BergEr

Postby ZeroX » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:59 am

I disliked the whole concept of warcryer and prophet. take out the buffs from them and what is left? irrelevance. At least swordsinger and bladedancer were far more active coz they were naturaly tanky with realiable CC tool and their buffs were very limited due to lack of slots and lasted very low time which means, if this class dies and doesnt get up, u loose it's buff fast, that had big impact on pvp. WC and PP were braindead and made the whole buff system suck. A character's power shouldn't be dependant on 20 buffs running the whole time that make said char 5 times stronger.
ZeroX

Postby Pretume » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:18 pm

ZeroX wrote:I disliked the whole concept of warcryer and prophet. take out the buffs from them and what is left? irrelevance. At least swordsinger and bladedancer were far more active coz they were naturaly tanky with realiable CC tool and their buffs were very limited due to lack of slots and lasted very low time which means, if this class dies and doesnt get up, u loose it's buff fast, that had big impact on pvp. WC and PP were braindead and made the whole buff system suck. A character's power shouldn't be dependant on 20 buffs running the whole time that make said char 5 times stronger.

I agree with you, buffs should be limited in duration, more situational, and their cooldown should be bigger than their duration. Instead of buffing for 20 minutes and sitting on the floor, they should have, along with this short buff duration-big cooldown, other tools like shields that absorb damage, dots and debuffs to make them active classes, turning players interested in playing them, instead of just being pet boxed buffs.
Pretume

Postby Aram » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 am

Announce video 1st CBT Lost Ark
https://youtu.be/xsgLRqL1d5s

and gameplay
https://youtu.be/kgpBXtKxaeA

p.s. can't say anything because didn't watched now
Aram

Next

Return to General Discussion