What is the future of NC West?

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby ilvs » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:26 pm

holy F.... S....its just end of l2. those MF did it... all i see is 90% shops from l2store, not a single proper party... (innova eu). good job guys more pay2win. those garbages... well, they did it good. with free version, i dont know about classic events. anyways, no matter what type of game they will make lets say Lineage, it will be only lineage word. not game nor gameplay. its the company. they with those pay2win l2stores made from good game to utter garbage. it doesnt matter if it will be Project TL or LIneage 3 or another name.. they still fuk it up with in game store... i log into game from time to time.. record was 10min doing kartia by luck.. not a single party to instance..i dont talk about field hunting... meh.. maybie Lost Ark will offer something worthy to work/to grind/to play for.....
ilvs

Postby Illogical » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Core was always failure and sewage drain of Naia
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:48 pm

To be fair, it must be said that the situation on Naia is not much different from what ilvs describes for Core: near the Warehouse in Aden you can hardly move for all the shops selling Zodiac Agathions and the associated upgrading items while 90% of the characters in the hunting grounds are bots (in the Fairy Settlement almost 100%; I am the 1% who is not a bot :D ). So it's not so much that Core is a failure, but the game is a failure, no matter which server we are looking at.

But that's speaking from a player's perspective. From NCsoft's point of view the trick with impoverishing the population via an artificially induced inflation (they are deliberately looking the other way when it comes to adena-procuring bots) works perfectly. People buy like crazy from the L2Store, hoping to be able to sell the stuff for botted adena. There is no limit to the stupidity of mankind :mrgreen:
Elmar

Postby MYSTERYouse » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

Elmar wrote:People buy like crazy from the L2Store, hoping to be able to sell the stuff for botted adena. There is no limit to the stupidity of mankind :mrgreen:

Funny thing is that the price of NCoins/adena was doubled compared to the previous events (at least on Naia 8000 coins => ±16bil). It's partially because this time the rewards were really good (except probably one person) judging by the folks around my CP and few other fellas. It was probably best event so far in terms of investment/reward ratio. That's why ppl with huge stockpile of adena were shouting wtb ncoin gifts all day from the event start.

People were able to upgrade their chars with the items which are quite hard to get by ingame means (if there is such a thing anymore...) - be it dyes, epic rings, 7s talisman/energies, longings and new agathions ofc.

The idea about staying on "top" I think does apply to the PvE aspect of L2 as well, we get the content from Korea which is designed for their parties running with all the improved pve armors, +++ enchanted weapons, talismans, jewels etc. No wonder why normal geared ppl cannot stand a chance in the newly introduced zones unless having at least low-tier equipment by "korean standards".
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 104 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:14 pm

By moving into the high-level hunting grounds you are walking into the trap that NCsoft has set for you (and the Korean players). Those monsters did not get tougher because of global warming - it was the developers who, while sitting comfortably in their air-conditioned office, deliberately introduced more and more powerful items, then at the same time increasing the monsters' stats so that players would feel compelled to buy said items.

When you see a video game company selling you something that they say will "help you" to play the game better/easier/whatever, the first thing you do is, you don't play the game, or in this case, you don't level up. If NCsoft really wanted to help you out of the goodness of their heart, they would give you those things for free :P

By the way, today NCsoft published the earnings report for the 4th fiscal quarter 2017:
http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx
The mobile game hype has noticeable abated, revenue from that sector having dropped from 550 million dollars to 325 million quarter-over-quarter. While Aion, Blade&Soul and especially Guild Wars could recover a bit, Lineage 1 and Lineage 2 continue on their slow but inexorable journey downwards. The graphics are a bit misleading - Lineage 1 still generates more than twice as much revenue as Lineage 2, and Aion is even worse off than Lineage 2 - but it's clear that if costs must be saved, our game, together with Aion, will be the first on the chopping block.

Always keep in mind, every Euro you spend on Lineage 2 is only for temporary enjoyment, like a glass of beer that after an hour or two is converted into piss and literally goes down the drain :D
Attachments
SalesByGame4Q17.jpg
From http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx
SalesByGame4Q17.jpg (105.26 KiB) Viewed 615 times
Elmar

Postby Laby » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 pm

However, drinking a glass of beer with a friend is always an enjoyable experience :)

I am surprised to see that Lineage didn't take such a big hit due to netmarble's game
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to tell people how they should spend their money or what they should do in their spare time. Playing Lineage 2 every evening is certainly healthier than having beer every evening. After having killed five Bosses you can still drive a car, while after five beers this is not recommended :D

As far as the numbers for Lineage 2 are concerned, my first guess is that the revenue has reached a relatively stable bottom level. A drop of half a million dollars quarter-over-quarter is negligible when the overall revenue is around 15 million. I would say that the people who are unhappy with NCsoft's administration of the game have already moved on to other hobbies, ready to try out a mobile game, and the players who are left are those who are so heavily invested (the famous 10,000 dollar characters) that they are reluctant to give it all up, biting the bullet and buying again in the next promotion, and again in the next promotion, getting themselves ever deeper into the swamp. That's precisely the psychological mechanism that NCsoft is preying on :mrgreen:
Elmar

Postby Lineage » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Elmar wrote:That's precisely the psychological mechanism that NCsoft is preying on :mrgreen:

The mechanism is simple, and i think it also applies to video games in general, not only L2. Sean Parker, formerly president of Facebook, gave some interviews about how it works etc.

He said that the "Likes" feature is nothing else but an addiction mechanism which takes advantage human' s brain dopamine. If someone makes a post and get few likes (think social acceptance), those likes work as reward (like we train pets with candies) and our brain gives us a temporary feeling of euphoria with the dopamine substance.

That's all, the subject from now on will put more and more effort (time, money etc etc) just and only to get that "reward" again and also in higher quantities. Now think the graphic and sound animation each time your character level up in L2: what an euphoria!

L2's store items serve exactly that mechanism: give us money, we give you dopamine.

Finally about the "inflation" i mention few days ago and how it was "addressed" in AION. I agree that in relative terms everything remains the same, the rich are rich and the poor, poor. But in the end it's also a psychological factor as well. It's different you see to own an item that worth 100 billion, and different to worth 100 million. It's different to be able to spend $500 for a chance to get that 100 billion item, than to spend $500 to get a 100 million item.

What happens to AION happens to real economies as well by decreasing the value of the currency, and even if it doesn't actually solve any problem, it certainly changes consumers habits. Conversely when there is a lot of money circulating around, people tend to spend more.
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Postby Elmar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 pm

If it were just dopamine that NCsoft is selling, it wouldn't be that bad. What I see as a moral problem is what MYSTERYouse mentioned above - they make the monsters ever harder so that players are compelled to buy resp. gamble for all sorts of Talismans and whatnot. That's more like heroin - once you have started on it and moved on to the Atelia Fortress, the monsters will inflict severe pain on you if you don't continue taking it :D

As far as the inflation resp. the number of zeroes is concerned, you are right. Even if in relative terms everything remains the same, the spending behaviour changes. I personally have the impression that when people go on vacation in a country where you get for example 10 Yuan for 1 Euro, they tend to spend more freely, subconsciously assuming that the local money "isn't worth that much". Under that aspect, the Aion developers should have better left the zeroes in - it would have helped their cash item sales.

Insofar I think the currency cut in Aion is actually aimed at the long term. When you keep prices "low", new players get the impression that they actually have a chance to afford that Elpy Slasher one day, whereas if a new player in Lineage 2 looks in at the Auction House, he tends to immediately uninstall the game again. No joke. In the "General Discussion" and "Game Questions" sections of the official forum there have recently been quite a few new players (apparently lured in by Lineage 2 Revolution) asking about the "state of the game". When you mouse over their round "avatars" you can see when they have last visited - it's almost always on the day they made their first and only post, a few days later at most. They come, take a look around and go again.
Elmar

Postby ilvs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:17 pm

same zones reworked or new ones contains same items same drops. just stronger mobs, no new items..spam l2 store to beat same mob with same drop ...
ilvs

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion