What is the future of NC West?

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Illogical » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:45 pm

ilvs wrote:same zones reworked or new ones contains same items same drops. just stronger mobs, no new items..spam l2 store to beat same mob with same drop ...

Same drops? Spoil and drop rates have been lowered in GoS, Enchanted and Superion in last update.
Illogical

Postby ilvs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Illogical wrote:
ilvs wrote:same zones reworked or new ones contains same items same drops. just stronger mobs, no new items..spam l2 store to beat same mob with same drop ...

Same drops? Spoil and drop rates have been lowered in GoS, Enchanted and Superion in last update.

but the items are same R99. no R105
ilvs

Postby socketka » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Elmar wrote:Insofar I think the currency cut in Aion is actually aimed at the long term. When you keep prices "low", new players get the impression that they actually have a chance to afford that Elpy Slasher one day, whereas if a new player in Lineage 2 looks in at the Auction House, he tends to immediately uninstall the game again. No joke. In the "General Discussion" and "Game Questions" sections of the official forum there have recently been quite a few new players (apparently lured in by Lineage 2 Revolution) asking about the "state of the game". When you mouse over their round "avatars" you can see when they have last visited - it's almost always on the day they made their first and only post, a few days later at most. They come, take a look around and go again.

There are also old players who found current state of game - no drops. Remember that in the past even lv10 mob dropped animal bone that could be used for crafting vesper armor or weapon.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 am

And those Animal Bones could be processed even by low-level Warsmiths into Coarse Bone Powder and Varnish of Purity, while nowadays you must be at least lvl 85 to be able to craft materials, not to mention that the only realistic chance to obtain certain recipes is via Demonic Tomes from Hellbound, a lvl 99+ hunting ground.

I understand that with the Asian business model, where the game is pay-to-play only from lvl 85 onwards, there must be an incentive for players to level up their characters. But this inevitably has the side effect of deterring new players. In Japan, where the drop in player numbers is especially pronounced, they have now discontinued the sale of time point cards where your money was just dwindling away when you were in a non-peace zone (like for example during the two hours of a Siege every two weeks). Now you must subscribe for at least a whole day, i.e. NCJapan also makes money from crafters sitting peacefully in town:
http://www.ncsoft.jp/shop/1288/list

If this spreads to Korea, there is a chance for a reworking of the crafting system. But somehow I don't think that the developers will invest that much effort at this late stage of the game's life cycle.
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 am

ilvs wrote:
Illogical wrote:

but the items are same R99. no R105

Nothing has been hinted at that there will ever be higher-grade equipment available in-game. NCsoft makes more money by forcing players to upgrade their characters with L2Store items like Abundance Talismans or Zodiac Agathions :D
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am

Elmar wrote:While MxM is still operational in Korea, players seem to be quite unhappy over there too. They are awaiting the end - 결국 또 기다림의 시간이 도래하는군요/"the time to wait for the last curtain has come" - hoping that MxM servers will be opened in China and that the situation will be better there:
https://mxm.plaync.com/board/free/view? ... rd&size=20

The title of their last comic - "Close up the World" - is rather prophetic:
http://www.nc-comix.com/ko/toon/10038
(it was published in November/December 2016 :D )

The prophecy has come true - MxM has been shut down in Korea as well. It is no longer listed as an NCsoft game:
http://www.plaync.com/
(scroll down the page for a complete list of currently offered games)
Elmar

Postby socketka » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 pm

socketka wrote:just to state how sad current NCWest situation is, I got deleted battleground items worth around 50 bilions before 2 weeks. despite ticket created (and automated reply) nothing happened, no information was revealed and forum is so crap I don't check it even for maintenance notes.

support said devs won't be able to make any compensation to lost items, so they refund me with some ncoins. definitely better than saying "f-word off" but it's still weird in Japan they didnt get these items removed.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 pm

I think those items got deleted at NCWest by mistake and everybody at NCsoft, both in Korea and in Orange County, knows it. But having the developers write and test a script to reliably restore or compensate for the lost items would probably cost more man-hours, as in having to pay actually dollars, than giving out pixly NCoins for which pixly items can be purchased. The solution they adopted in your case means maybe a little less revenue (but then you might never again purchase NCoins at all), but no actual loss.
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Quick update:
I just saw Juji on Fantasy Island giving out GM Buffs and chatting with players. So he is still working for NCWest and involved with Lineage 2. When a player asked him what he had been up to, he just answered "things". Let's see whether he will re-appear in some public function one day. Maybe Producer for Lineage 2 Mobile?
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Elmar wrote:Quick update:
I just saw Juji on Fantasy Island giving out GM Buffs and chatting with players. So he is still working for NCWest and involved with Lineage 2. When a player asked him what he had been up to, he just answered "things". Let's see whether he will re-appear in some public function one day. Maybe Producer for Lineage 2 Mobile?

yeah he, neutron & conguero were all 3 at those buff events so we'll see
Draecke

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion