What is the future of NC West?

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Pretume » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:36 pm

I don't know why MMOs can't emulate the cash sop of competitive games like CS:GO, League of Legends, DOTA and so forth which basically don't affect the gameplay by giving any kind of advantage to the player. It works really well for all those esport based game.

Why only MMOs need to be P2W? I think this is one of the reasons that is driving people away from MMOs and making they join competitive based games like LoL, CS, Overwatch, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds and so forth.
Last edited by Pretume on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretume

Postby Laby » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:38 pm

League of Legends went totally P2W since last week tho :P
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Pretume » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Laby wrote:League of Legends went totally P2W since last week tho :P

really? havent played LoL, in amost a year. i spend most of my times jumping from PUBG to OW to Quake Champions.
Pretume

Postby Laby » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Pretume wrote:

really? havent played LoL, in amost a year. i spend most of my times jumping from PUBG to OW to Quake Champions.

They totally reworked the IP system, which was used to buy champions and runes

On the plus side, no more runes to buy. Everything is unlocked
On the minus side, you don't get any reward at all after a match beside experience. Once your account reach a new level (you can level past level 30 now), you get a random champion shard worth a given amount of Blue Essences (new names for IP, same cost for champions). So basically it's much harder to predict what you need and what you get, leading the masses to spend real money to be guaranteed to get a champion.

Basically, random loot boxes...
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Pretume » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Laby wrote:
Pretume wrote:

They totally reworked the IP system, which was used to buy champions and runes

On the plus side, no more runes to buy. Everything is unlocked
On the minus side, you don't get any reward at all after a match beside experience. Once your account reach a new level (you can level past level 30 now), you get a random champion shard worth a given amount of Blue Essences (new names for IP, same cost for champions). So basically it's much harder to predict what you need and what you get, leading the masses to spend real money to be guaranteed to get a champion.

Basically, random loot boxes...

Not so bad as I thought, I came thinking they had introduced paid items that give your champ more advantage compared to the normal items available during the match.
Pretume

Postby Pretume » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm

The idea of introducing a P2P model that give the paid players xp/drop (like 2x rate) bonus against free player + allowing paid players to gain xp/drops from any mobs with no level penalty, also allwing them join parties and gain xp with no level penalty would be a good idea for a game based on grind like l2 which could potencially eliminate the p2w store.
Pretume

Postby Pretume » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm

NC just shut down Master x Master, fastest game to die in history:

There is no easy way to say this, but regretfully, we will be discontinuing our service for MXM, with the final day of the game’s life to be January 31. Deciding to close the game is not a decision we come to lightly, but ultimately it came down to a matter of business—we explored several options, but none of them were sustainable. We truly believe that MXM is special, and offered a lot of new ideas to change up the MOBA genre, but in trying to carve out a niche for itself, we failed to connect with players.

For the remainder of the game’s service, we’re going to do everything we can to honor the community and show thanks for your support. We know this news is difficult to hear for remaining players—trust that we are as heartbroken as you are that we have to say goodbye to it. To that end, in recognition of all of you who love playing the game, here are our plans from now until the servers close:

- All players will receive 500,000 X-Coin to unlock all content
- The community-developed Lua skin will be made available to all players for 1 X-Coin
- Real money purchases on the MXM Store will be permanently disabled
- All game modes will be turned on, and available at all times
- Refunds in full on purchases made between Aug. 30 and Nov. 16. This will happen automatically within the next 7-14 days, and will be refunded via the same method the purchase was made, if possible. For additional refund specifics please refer to our FAQ.

We are truly grateful for the community that grew around MXM, and for your support of the game. We saw MXM as a challenge to the status quo—a change-up of mechanics that would revitalize the MOBA genre and attract players who wanted to test the upper limits of their skills—but in the end, it wasn’t enough to take on the established juggernauts. It truly is awe-inspiring to have been a part of the community’s creativity and passion—the art, videos, and guides, the emergent gameplay and meta as new Masters were introduced, the high-level online competitions, and more—truly, thank you.

We again want to extend our sincere gratitude to the MXM community, and hope you all can enjoy the remaining time with the game. We’ll be continuing to provide updates on the official forums, Twitter, and Facebook until January 31.

http://www.playmxm.com/en/news/mxm-says-farewell

This is a clear case of a game that shoots in all directions and tries to please everybody but pleases nobody. A PC game MUST have a focus to begin with.

If could have worked if it were for mobile.
Pretume

Postby Elmar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

As a short reminder, Juji said farewell to the L2 community, moving on to MxM, on February 14:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.p ... ost3552777

Now it's only 9 months later. That was a fast death indeed :D

The question is, what will happen to Juji? Considering that Neutron is still only Assistant Producer, Juji might return to Lineage 2. That would be the best solution all around.
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

let's see if this means Juji wil return to L2 or maybe another project or as being in charge of MxM fired hmm ?

Dang Elmar was faster then me :p
Draecke

Postby Pretume » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 pm

All MXM offered was a half-assed dungeon crawler pve and a half-assed MOBA pvp, in short it was shallow in both aspects.

Why would someone play a half-assed dungeon crawler if we already have Path of Exile which is the best dungeon crawler out there, unparalleled when it comes to its pve difficulty and character building possibilities?
Why would someone play a half-assed MOBA if there are LoL and Dota 2 which offer much deeper and more competitive mechanics?
Pretume

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion