What is the future of NC West?

What is the future of NC West?

Postby AndreasK » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Following up Elmar's post in official forums:

http://boards.lineage2.com/showpost.php ... count=1034

and here too:

http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/arch ... es-so.html

It seems that there is a big turmoil in NC West's offices. How do you think these changes will affect the future of L2?

PS: I can't post in official forums, since both my accounts expired. I will wait for more facts before I decide where to play.
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Kenshiro » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:31 am

NCWest will most likely keep chronos living under a police state,slowly loosing their european players to innova,and ending up with one (maybe 2,if they dont merge NewNaiaNA with chronos)dead server that will be closed in max 12 months,for how they can try to gain small parts of the cake during this process natural selection and economic rules are against NcWest.
Kenshiro

Postby Elmar » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:07 am

In the Frictionless Insight article it says specifically that NCsoft "laid off as many as 50 staff members in the company's Austin office", and in the statesman.com article linked from there they speak of the "customer services and quality assurance teams" located in Austin. "Some publishing support has been reduced" probably refers to QA no longer being responsible for publishing the English version of new updates, Cryo and maybe one or two colleagues being kept on to deal with everyday bugs. This would confirm what I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=396&start=30#p5991

As we all know, the server(s) and GMs are sitting in Austin too. I seriously doubt that all of the 50 staff members who were fired work in QA and "customer services", i.e billing, sub-to-main etc. Since we apparently will be getting an item mall with GoD, which requires at least one or two people to oversee, I am afraid that the number of GMs was reduced too. And this would mean that Ykara understood Sace absolutely right - the Naia server time will be changed to Chronos time in order to prepare for a future merge of the two servers. With a view to the upcoming inter-server wars this is an utterly stupid thing to do. One would have thought that companies have realized by now that "streamlining" may save a few dollars at the moment, but in the long run it always leads to financial loss, especially in service industries (what video games ultimately are). Ah well, what can we do ...
Elmar

Postby AndreasK » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:40 pm

The way I see it, NC missed a great oportunity to revive L2. They tied GoD with the separation of business and that will be their downfall. These 2 events should have taken place on different time periods in order for players to stomach it. As for the the future of L2, this is what I believe considering the initial time that GoD goes live and 3-4 months later on.

NC WEST

a. Initially, many players (especially from Naia) will transfer to Innova servers after they open up. This number will be much higher if they announce from the beggining that they turn Naia times of events (sieges, olympiads, etc) on US based schedule. Later on, some of them may get disappointed by Innova and reactivate on NC West.
b. Many old players will reactivate their old accounts to check out GoD. Some of them will stay, some other will quit again.
c. Some new players will flow to the game influenced from people that already play. Some of them will find the game intresting, but others will quit rather soon. I really doubt that NC West will be able to attract new players that never heard of L2 before (promoting the game to NA has never been a success for them).
d. Some players currently playing in private servers may give it a try (depends on the hybrid payment plan they will introduce) but I doubt it.
e. Some of the existing players that remain in NC West will be disappointed by the GoD update and decide to quit the game.

After 3-4 months that GoD goes live, the dust will be settled. I believe that after the plus and minus of the various trends, the player base will be less than it is now. NC West will be eventually forced to merge Chronos and Naia. That will lead to more people quitting. At a point the game will die in NA market, as L1 did.

INNOVA

a. An number from NC West suscribers will join their new servers. Most of them will go on playing here and a few will quit or go back to NC West servers (depending on how good or bad Innova is compared to NC West)
b. An inrush from private server players will come for the free ride to the official servers. Some of them will leave being used to insane exp rates (35X, 100X, etc.), but I believe a satisfactory number will remain. Some will even go for premier accounts if the cost is rather low.
c. A number of players completely new to the game (even from US) will also start here. Free accounts will be a great incentive to try the game out and I suspect that will lure a lot of players. I estimate that they will advertise the game as "new" rising from the ashes of an old game giving the players the illusion of freshness.

After 3-4 months that GoD goes live, Innova will have way more servers than NC West. Some of them will be merged eventually, but still they will end up with a much bigger playerbase than NC West.

Time will tell.
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK

Postby langlang » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Don't worry guys, Sace is still busy working hard on editing people's posts rather than doing something productive with her time. Everything is going to be ok. Her current priority is to announce the winners of the aden archieves event, which she promises will be released in a few days! Of course, that is a blatant lie. She has not nor will she ever announce the results of anything on a weekend. But hey, at least we know 1 deserving member of ncsoft still has her job! Must be nice being a woman in a girlless work environment, had she been a man she would have been fired like every other male community coordinator we have had and used as a scapegoat.
langlang

Postby Laby » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:13 pm

langlang wrote:Sace is still busy working hard on editing people's posts

Is it not her work ?
langlang wrote:Her current priority is to announce the winners of the aden archieves event, which she promises will be released in a few days!

Is it not her work ?
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Draecke » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:14 am

yes but what he means that communicating is also part of her work and we need more info, we're being kept constantly in the dark and get feed to much nonsense so it's only understandable ppl get hostile at a certain point..
Draecke

Postby langlang » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:14 am

Laby wrote:
langlang wrote:Sace is still busy working hard on editing people's posts

Is it not her work ?
langlang wrote:Her current priority is to announce the winners of the aden archieves event, which she promises will be released in a few days!

Is it not her work ?

It most certainly is. And I'm glad she's doing it. But, as she constantly tells us, that's only a tiny part of her huge responsibilities and a small part of the work she does. But if that is true, then why don't we see proof of the other things she claims to do? We don't get any communication from her, only excuses. We don't see proof of any other kind of work. No goddess info, no goddess date, no proof that she has effectively advocated or communicated our position on anything. So much to the point were we as a community collectively feel that our opinions have no effect on the game and do not matter. 2012 is now a very real release date for goddess in the minds of the playerbase, why doesn't she put an end to that rumor? They just extended the loyalty subscription time by a week. Is that a good sign or a bad sign, I really don't know anymore.

Besides, most people have multiple facets to their jobs. When you only do one part, even if you do that one part very well, that doesn't excuse you from the others. So good for her for spending all day on face book, twitter, and the forums. She won't answer our concerns, or give us information, but she happily sanitizes forum posts and opinions at her individual whim. She is irritating the community and making problems worse rather than confronting them and trying to calm them down by doing so and you know it. Why defend her? She is an adult, representing a business. Let her do her job, or let her take the flack for it. Otherwise, things will continue as they have. A slow but deliberate slip into an unnecessary end for our game. I would like to think that the next big update that will effect all players would be higher on her list of priorities then editing some insignificant forum post that might offend 1% of the player base that checks those dead forums.
langlang

Postby niko » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:37 pm

You do not know what the future lineage2.eu servers are opening and closing for the year lineage2.com
niko

Postby Angie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 pm

To me,is NcWest that made people to quit game first with non-controled boting,after with 100% bans in every bot and ofc with running so many years the game without events.But maybe this was their original purpose,to have a company that will last around 10 years and will close without much drama from players because players would have allready quit.I cant find other logical explanation because i cant believe someone makes a game's company and gets clueless stuff on how to run the buisness!

The sure thing is,we,the people that are loosing whatever we had invested in years and money from our life to built our toons/clans,wont do it again.It is like they have cheaten on us and whatever game we are going to play in the future will be something with minimal effort,so whatever his company does,wont affect us.
Angie

Next

Return to General Discussion