Lineage II Server status

Lineage II Server status

Postby Laby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 am

Yop,

Some of you may remember the old website glop.org with server status. The site was not updated and down since some years, but the original owner and creater was nice enough to put his code public.

So if you want to check server status, you can check there : http://l2.laby.fr/status/

The data are releaded each 5 seconds, and the page reload itself each minute. The ping is done from France (server located at Evry, on RENATER backbone)

If you have any suggestion just tell them, I was thinking of adding a sound alert when a server goes up / down.
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Re: Lineage II Server status

Postby Draecke » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm

- 0. Login Server 129 ms
- 1. Chronos 143 ms
- 2. Naia 145 ms
- 3. Shilen 145 ms
- 4. Magmeld 142 ms
- 5. Bartz 129 ms
Updated 3641 seconds ago

lol at ze bold part :P
Draecke

Postby Laby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Maj + F5 to refresh the page and viding the cache, so the count on the webpage is actualised with data from the server
:P
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Elmar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Your server status thingie just proved its worth by showing all the servers properly as down, while official still has them as "Online" :)
Elmar

Postby Tiferet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 pm

That is false advertising, not the decrease in the summons number.
[Naia] Tiferet - Aeore Healer / Wynn Summoner / Shillien Templar / Ghost Sentinel (retired)
[Guild Wars 2] Macha Whitelight - (Mesmer) and 7 other toons (Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, Guardian, Thief, Warrior, Engineer)
Tiferet

Postby Fibber » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Laby, do you know where to find that public code?
Fibber

Postby Laby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:53 pm

There : https://github.com/lra/lineage2/

I didn't do much, feel free to do whatever you want from it :D

I was wondering about getting some stats from the servers, like the number of players connected, but it would means I have to write a code which connect to Lineage II game server, and I don't know if it's allowed or not. The EULA says that you can't use any 3rd party software to play on NCSoft's server, but I don't know if it includes the connection to the login server.

Quick poll so : Is it useful to make such graphs with the number of characters online ?
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Sabotin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Yes please.
Sabotin

Postby Tiferet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm

If it's safe it would be useful. However, I wouldn't risk someone else's account(s) (I mean Laby's, in this case) if it proves to be illegal according to the EULA...
[Naia] Tiferet - Aeore Healer / Wynn Summoner / Shillien Templar / Ghost Sentinel (retired)
[Guild Wars 2] Macha Whitelight - (Mesmer) and 7 other toons (Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, Guardian, Thief, Warrior, Engineer)
Tiferet

Postby Elmar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm

It is a grey area. Even if Sace tells you that it's OK, the next administration might see things differently and use that as a pretext to ban you. Such a feature would certainly be useful for planning playing times, but taking all things into consideration I would counsel against it.
Elmar

Next

Return to General Discussion