Lineage II Server status

Re: Lineage II Server status

Postby juusts » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:11 am

Hello all,

Iam new on this forum and recently i was reserching a lot about L2 and i need to know how many players are playing in NA and EU servers i found this http://l2.laby.fr/status/ is it still accurate ? and how to get EU numbers ? is it possible ?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english :)
juusts

Postby Laby » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 am

It is accurate regarding NA / KR servers

I am not able to use the same method for Innova servers. It worked for a while, it doesn't work anymore they closed the corresponding port :D
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby juusts » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:09 am

but it was working yes ? at what time it was working and what was population then ?

Did you try colaborating with GMs about this ?

could you gues how many is playing in EU server ?

Thank you
juusts

Postby Laby » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 am

juusts wrote:but it was working yes ? at what time it was working and what was population then ?

It was working for the first two weeks on the classic RU servers, and at this time GK / Eva were around 5k players, Shilen 3/4k and Maphr 1/2k

juusts wrote:Did you try colaborating with GMs about this ?

No. If they closed the access to get such data and they never publish numbers, there is absolutely no reason for them to give me such an access

juusts wrote:could you gues how many is playing in EU server ?

I can guess, probably around 2 or 3k but I have no idea :D
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby juusts » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:03 pm

mhm thank you for your help :)
juusts

Postby Draecke » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Laby today I have seen (aka right now) on the stats the NCWest servers going red/green all over the board ping ponging like crazy

at 1 time Naia showed red and indeed all 3 my accounts were dc but the next red peak only 2 disconnected and the I could see the game server was actually still up just lagged out hardcore..

is this an NCWest hardware/server network issue or is someone ddosing them ?

or more to the point for your app, how come it shows red when I still have chars logged in on the server ?
Draecke

Postby Laby » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:33 pm

My app will show red if the ping command is unable to get an answer when doing a ping. This could be caused by many reasons, including congestion from the server (Roubaix, France) to NCWest server. Also NCWest servers may simply be too busy to answer in time. So you can still be online but my app is showing red :)

I would think it's an issue regarding NCWest hardware especially if you are lagging hardcore while playing.

I am not really answering your concerns I believe but I don't really know more. My app is only sending a packet to NCWest servers and monitor the answer. If there is no answer then it show red :D
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Sabotin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm having 25% packet loss myself and lots of lag (as do many people across all servers as far as i understand). So I'd guess the checker reports the server as down when it doesn't get return info from it (i.e. packet loss). Afaik it updates every 5s, so if there's "lag" at that moment it shows server as down for the next 5s.
Sabotin

Postby BergEr » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 am

Laby wrote:My app will show red if the ping command is unable to get an answer when doing a ping. This could be caused by many reasons, including congestion from the server (Roubaix, France) to NCWest server. Also NCWest servers may simply be too busy to answer in time. So you can still be online but my app is showing red :)

I would think it's an issue regarding NCWest hardware especially if you are lagging hardcore while playing.

I am not really answering your concerns I believe but I don't really know more. My app is only sending a packet to NCWest servers and monitor the answer. If there is no answer then it show red :D

People should also know that ping requests are among the last things a router/server will respond to :)
BergEr

Postby Laby » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:05 am

After a suggestion from negris, Zaken is now added to the list of servers :)
Pony Master \o/
Laby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion