Postby Elmar » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm

As I am typing this on a Friday afternoon Central European Time there are

2482 players on Naia
2070 players on Chronos
1001 players on Shilen
628 players on Magmeld
796 players on Bartz
994 players on Zaken

If memory doesn't deceive me, the sum is more than before the Steam announcement. Among those Zaken players seems to be a considerable number of really new players, not only veterans who got frustrated on Naia or Chronos and are now looking for a new start.

The number of negative reviews on Steam is mind-boggling though:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/373700/reviews/

This goes to show that simply opening a new server while you still have a fundamentally flawed game design works only for a few hours :D
Elmar

Re: Lineage II Server status

Postby Draecke » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 pm

just pure ignorance from ncwest to not have any active GM's banning on the spot those obvious bots... almost half of the online presence are bots imo..
Draecke

Postby EclecicGroove » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:45 pm

It just shows how inept they are.
L2 could have had a much longer and more lively life if it was handled by a company that actually put in proper effort. Unfortunately it isn't.

It's still a game like none other... even with its flaws and dated engine, it's still a fun game with so much potential. Sadly NC seems bound and determined to ensure it will be ground into the dust here.

Zaken could have been a chance to improve all the servers. Getting new players in, excited, and talking about the game. Some might even start braving the older servers and increasing the populations there with more real people.
But instead they spent the time/money on a new server, only to show them the reasons why new players simply don't stay around.
EclecicGroove

Postby Pretume » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:57 pm

L2 lost its momentum 7-8+ years ago. i don't believe developers can recover and make L2 generates 2-3 x more revenue as they used to do. Interesting is that while L2 lost players and revenue, L1 gained players and thus got a bigger revenue in Korea.

It just shows us the difference between bad and good development choices. Everything started going downhill in L2 after they introduced the skill enchanting system which I consider unnecessary, after that, the element stones and so forth. Intances, pve-pvp items, damage nerf based on level difference... and lots of cancerous stuff. Now L2 is about having a hyper item stacked character if you want to exist.
Pretume

Postby Elmar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Typing again on a Friday afternoon Central European Time, with no event, i.e. no afk characters camping Santa Claus or whomever:

2800 players on Naia
2418 players on Chronos
1219 players on Shilen
718 players on Magmeld
796 players on Bartz
1992 players on Zaken

The Orc Mages are still flooding the lower-level hunting grounds while in the meantime Ertheia Dual-Class Summoners are like cockroaches all over the Fairy Settlement, plus the usual Garden of Genesis bot trains. So Draecke's estimate of half the online presence being bots still holds true.

The main problem is, NCWest is desperately trying to avoid banning bots, putting all hope on a GameGuard update that may or may not arrive one day and will certainly be circumvented within a few weeks. This is a serious mental problem among the decision-making personnel, a totally irrational refusal to perceive reality as it is.
When you look at the criminal records of prison inmates you will see that none of them is in there for a first offense - they all have a long history of shoplifting, playing truant at school, taking other kids' toys at kindergarten. If they had been eliminated at the first sign of misbehaviour it would have saved the taxpayer a lot of money.
The accounts of shady players must be deleted, not just banned. Cheaters must be made terminally dead. Even in China they are now phasing out the re-education camps, directly executing income tax evaders etc. instead. Trying to prevent criminals from committing crimes is just not cost-efficient.
Elmar

Postby zlz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:35 pm

same problem with bots started in innova core.. just now they farming in pavel ruins with ertheia summoners 87lvl.
damn that was nice spot to make 100-150kk/h :(
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Ryo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Elmar wrote:Typing again on a Friday afternoon Central European Time, with no event, i.e. no afk characters camping Santa Claus or whomever:
718 players on Magmeld
796 players on Bartz

What is this??? :shock:
Ryo

Postby Draecke » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 pm

server stats on NCWest servers that got merged and as such no longer exist

current servers are:
http://lineage2.kaifas.lt/lineage2/
http://lineage2.kaifas.lt/lineage2/chronos.html

latest numbers can be found here: http://l2.laby.fr/status/
Draecke

Postby Laby » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks to Aram, I was able to update the status page to include the New Gludio KR Classic server (merge of old Gludion, Aden and Giran servers)

All stats are available here : http://l2.laby.fr/status/

If anyone wants a server added there, contact me. As long as I remember, Innova disables such numbers on EU servers
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Laby » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:11 am

Thanks to Aram once again, all KR servers should now be listed on the status page.

Also, the page should now load much more faster ! However stats are now updated every minutes, not every second
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion