Weapon question for Tyrr Titan,

Weapon question for Tyrr Titan,

Postby Hayachan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:45 pm

I have always been using +8 R99 Slasher with the (probably faulty) knowledge that Slasher is the most powerful weapon of choice for Tyrr however more and more people telling me to use +5 or +6 R99 Retributor instead as it will give me more dps,
Could you explain me why? And what about a 1H blunt weapon like R99 Avenger in comparison?

Thanks
Hayachan

Re: Weapon question for Tyrr Titan,

Postby zlz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:06 pm

better try to get tauti instead of retri. better :) higher dps with proper buff setup. (pom + sos + rapso)
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Hayachan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm

I spend most of the time pve at the moment will tauti be ok with pve? But it definitely one of the weapon i am aiming for as well.
Hayachan

Postby zlz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:31 pm

in short from my experience:
slasher - for exp with only iss..
retri - when you have iss+sos and 2sa on that retri
tauti - same as with retri. just more p.atk than +7 pve retri. and it's cheaper.
with buffs you have 500 perma crit rate. with retri pretty hard to reach this. and as i said before.. to boost dps you need shillien knight not awakened. and if you decide to make SoS box do it on any awakened char dual class, just not awaken. so your box will be nobles, for cheaper and faster teleports ;)
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Hayachan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks for your re-ly Zlz, this is a really good information, Appreciated that, Btw say if i manage to save some more adena and buy +12 R99 pve weapon, Which one should i go for? +12 Pve Avenger or +12 pve Retri?
I am very interested now after reading the Sos skill and i think i will have to lvl one of them up.
Hayachan

Postby Illogical » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 pm

I got a Titan in CP and he tested it once. His findings were that he did more damage with his +12 Slasher then with +12 Retri. Retri being a blunt it has lower crit.rate but higher crit.dmg, so you have to change your build to always be at 500 crit rate, with a Slasher you don't need and can fully invest into Crit.Dmg. A +12 Retri or Tauti is only useful for solo exp, because unless you make a pure PvE CP and you sacrifice a player for SoS box you'll never see SoS, every (especially since having a tank in party, the tank trigger blocks/overwrites SoS). My CP Titan now has a +15 Slasher and he just rips through everything he sees.
Illogical

Postby Hayachan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Illogical wrote:I got a Titan in CP and he tested it once. His findings were that he did more damage with his +12 Slasher then with +12 Retri. Retri being a blunt it has lower crit.rate but higher crit.dmg, so you have to change your build to always be at 500 crit rate, with a Slasher you don't need and can fully invest into Crit.Dmg. A +12 Retri or Tauti is only useful for solo exp, because unless you make a pure PvE CP and you sacrifice a player for SoS box you'll never see SoS, every (especially since having a tank in party, the tank trigger blocks/overwrites SoS). My CP Titan now has a +15 Slasher and he just rips through everything he sees.

Wow this really getting me confused, Decision have to made i guess but for now i will stick with my +8Slasher and save up so i can have +12 pve in future,

Thanks for your input Illogical.
Hayachan

Return to Questions