GREATER AMETHYST

Re: GREATER AMETHYST

Postby DIL » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Well, all overseas territories have the same game mechanics, except some minor custom features. But the basics are all the same everywhere. Devs send patches to all the territories even they didn't request that, and they mark all custom events/promotions like "Cloak promotion for NCJ" or "Watermelon event for RU", etc. So all bug fixes are shared between all regions.

And yes, we have internal server scripts shared to us by NC, so we can easily compare actual skill effects from any item skill even without testing in-game. I'm not sure why NCW do not use those scripts since they actually can.
And of course, we tested the Greater Amethyst before releasing Greater Jewels update on Live. :)
DIL

Postby Laby » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 pm

DIL wrote:Well, all overseas territories have the same game mechanics, except some minor custom features. But the basics are all the same everywhere. Devs send patches to all the territories even they didn't request that, and they mark all custom events/promotions like "Cloak promotion for NCJ" or "Watermelon event for RU", etc. So all bug fixes are shared between all regions.

And yes, we have internal server scripts shared to us by NC, so we can easily compare actual skill effects from any item skill even without testing in-game. I'm not sure why NCW do not use those scripts since they actually can.
And of course, we tested the Greater Amethyst before releasing Greater Jewels update on Live. :)

I find those details extremely interesting, thank you DIL ! As far as I understand, all territories receive the same events / patches, and each territory activate the event it needs. It also helps understand bugfixes between several regions. All in one, I am quite happy to see someone like you participating on those forums. I wish Juji did it aswell when he joined NCWest and was associate producer, or even before when he ran his Juji's lab.
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby socketka » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 pm

DIL wrote:I'm not sure why NCW do not use those scripts since they actually can.

Because they don't have people and if they do, they lack knowledge about game.
socketka

Postby DIL » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Laby wrote:and each territory activate the event it needs. It also helps understand bugfixes between several regions.

Hi Laby! :)
Not actually like you said. Devs deliver client files/resources or server scripts for promotions/events. We can't activate or enable anything without devs. Every event requires activation in the special file which is encrypted/decrypted only by NC, nobody can just turn on an event with a couple of clicks. Even L2 Store promotions/discounts/item deletion or addition is completely controlled by NC. Each time we need to send a proposal with items to be removed/added/discounted in text file, they consider it and only then send us a client/server patch for L2 Store change. I think it happens the same way for all other regions.
DIL

Postby Laby » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm

DIL wrote:
Laby wrote:and each territory activate the event it needs. It also helps understand bugfixes between several regions.

Hi Laby! :)
Not actually like you said. Devs deliver client files/resources or server scripts for promotions/events. We can't activate or enable anything without devs. Every event requires activation in the special file which is encrypted/decrypted only by NC, nobody can just turn on an event with a couple of clicks. Even L2 Store promotions/discounts/item deletion or addition is completely controlled by NC. Each time we need to send a proposal with items to be removed/added/discounted in text file, they consider it and only then send us a client/server patch for L2 Store change. I think it happens the same way for all other regions.

Thank you for those details ! In a way, it totally explains while some "minor " changes needed a bit more time than expected. I am also surprised to see that you don't have access to all files regarding the game. Despite you saying that it may happen the same way for all regions, may be there is a difference between regions depending if you are a company with rights to publish the License, or if you are a subsidiary company like NCWest. I wish Neutron, or someone from NCWest, was there to discuss things here as you do :)

And it's really nice to see InnovaRU opening a new classic server. Congratulations !
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Previous

Return to Questions