Good 86+ spots

Information about various hunting grounds and mobs can be posted here.

Good 86+ spots

Postby Retribution » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 pm

I was hoping to get some feedback on what people think of the new high level areas. I've been busy with classes, so I haven't had too much time to try everything out. I have done the instance with the eggs and boss at the end (wiped because of only 1 healer instead of 2). Tried SOA with a party, the xp didn't exactly get me excited, but it wasn't very hard to level their with a tank and 2 healers in party. We also tried out that lvl 90 fairy spot, and that was semi-decent xp and they actually die pretty fast. Also did a little bit of leveling inside harnak ruins, and that was also OK xp. Overall, I've found the xp to be less than spectacular, but I'd welcome any suggestions.
Retribution

Re: Good 86+ spots

Postby Elmar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 pm

When you were in the fairy spot, did you try using the Glimmer (or whatever the item is called in English) on the blue cocoons? About 1/3 down here you will find a table about what kind of fairies you can get with Glimmer, forced attack, forced skill attack or at local night:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%ED% ... C%EC%A7%80

For solo exp the Koreans also like to go to the Swamp of Blood:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%ED% ... 0%EB%8C%80
or the Altar of Monsters:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%EB% ... C%EB%8B%A8

That's similar to the Den of Evil - individually the monsters don't give much exp and adena, but they die fast, so over time those are quite decent spots. Unlike the fairies, the monsters there drop Herbs, so you wouldn't necessarily need a Healer or Enchanter.
Elmar

Postby Crystaleca » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Yeah it's nothing like what it was on the Korean pts and I remember people saying that's how it would be when it went live. It's only slightly faster than 85 was and that's mainly due to the 1.5% you get from the daily quest out in swamps and vit runs out so fast it's almost pointless. I did the 30 minute SoA solo instance today on my tank and used up 3/4 of my vit bar, so much for 20 hours of vit, it doesn't even last an hour. No one is going to be 99 for many months and its going to take the average grinders a long time to just reach 90.

And don't get me started on the truly horrible adena drops, who's bright idea was it for 85 mobs out in alter of evil to give ~500 adena (1-2k in swamps, ~1.2k in SoA solo instance, 15-20k in harnuks, etc)? HB drops more adena than any of the new areas I been to so far, it's a very big disappointment. I'm losing money not gaining.

/end rant
Crystaleca

Postby Retribution » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Elmar wrote:When you were in the fairy spot, did you try using the Glimmer (or whatever the item is called in English) on the blue cocoons? About 1/3 down here you will find a table about what kind of fairies you can get with Glimmer, forced attack, forced skill attack or at local night:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%ED% ... C%EC%A7%80

For solo exp the Koreans also like to go to the Swamp of Blood:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%ED% ... 0%EB%8C%80
or the Altar of Monsters:
http://power.plaync.co.kr/lineage2/%EB% ... C%EB%8B%A8

That's similar to the Den of Evil - individually the monsters don't give much exp and adena, but they die fast, so over time those are quite decent spots. Unlike the fairies, the monsters there drop Herbs, so you wouldn't necessarily need a Healer or Enchanter.

Thx for the info. We didn't try the glimmer, really we were just going places to see what the xp and kill rates were like. I will take a trip back though to see what I can find.

I did try the swamp solo on my enchanter and was able to kill fast without any problems, but I wouldn't want to depend on it for grinding my way up.

Crystaleca wrote:Yeah it's nothing like what it was on the Korean pts and I remember people saying that's how it would be when it went live. It's only slightly faster than 85 was and that's mainly due to the 1.5% you get from the daily quest out in swamps and vit runs out so fast it's almost pointless. I did the 30 minute SoA solo instance today on my tank and used up 3/4 of my vit bar, so much for 20 hours of vit, it doesn't even last an hour. No one is going to be 99 for many months and its going to take the average grinders a long time to just reach 90.

And don't get me started on the truly horrible adena drops, who's bright idea was it for 85 mobs out in alter of evil to give ~500 adena (1-2k in swamps, ~1.2k in SoA solo instance, 15-20k in harnuks, etc)? HB drops more adena than any of the new areas I been to so far, it's a very big disappointment. I'm losing money not gaining.

/end rant

/agree. I'm ~10% into 86, and that's with just a few hours of xp time under my belt, but overall it seems to be a slow grind again. My vit ran out really fast and the recovery items are worthless for the most part. The adena drops in many areas is another /wrist factor. Though SOA party area and the fairy settlement had semi-decent adena drops.
Retribution

Postby EviLMisTreSS » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:31 pm

3rd floor in ruins gives 1 mil + xp per mob no vit which isn't too bad...but need a solid group. SOA xp is slow compared to ruins imo, but the R grade drops are higher. Haven't done the daily quest there yet, but should be good if there is chance for apocolypse weapon. Really don't need adena to get gear considering the high drop rates. Bound items are just as good as standard (except weapon because you can't pvp a bound weapon apparently). Haven't seen many stone/crystal drops in the new areas (only a few stones in ruins), so not sure how that is going to affect prices. Most everything R grade + seems to be easily farmable.
EviLMisTreSS

Postby langlang » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 am

you can easily get 60/150 super stones from either mentorring or aden treasure chests. You can also get pouches that give a random crystal or scroll while grinding normally. I think the logic is you crush the mass amounts of r drops, trade them for treasure chests, and get your attributes that way? I've seen fire stones drop in the swamp but they are as rare as any gear which is kinda stupid :/
langlang

Postby Crystaleca » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 am

A good AoE (archer/nuker) party in SoA seems to xp much faster than ruins. What used to be ok xp pre god, with warriors & daggers single target killing, is now horribly slow in ruins and unfortunately for me a lot of my clan stuck with those classes in god, so the average ruins xp party makes me 1-2% an hour, if I don't die a few times and get enchanter rezzed. I make over 3 times that AoEing Kariks in AL and SoA AoE is about 3 times more than AL.

Of course there are certain party setups that work extremely well in ruins and can't be beat, amped up summers being one of them.

/rant
That's one thing I hate about single healer parties, everyone else gets my 85%+ rez while I get the crappy enchanter 20% rez.
Crystaleca

Postby Draecke » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 am

ruins is the best xp spot ingame right now if u know what your doing, it took clannies of mine less then 5 days to hit 90 there.. my biggest concern is just that there's nothing really comparable and it's very mind dulling grind..

after ruins you go to the next almost similar spot again aoe xping till 99.. in H5 at least you had many options of different spots to go..

can't make any random pick up group anymore as they won't last long in the magmeld garden of genesis and my clan won't allow those to take spots on 3rd floor karnaks so yeah..

sofar for me GoD is pretty lame and disappointing
Draecke

Postby Laby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:19 am

Draecke wrote:

Kinda the same, but more because i found nothing interesting to do ingame
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Retribution » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 am

Draecke wrote:ruins is the best xp spot ingame right now if u know what your doing, it took clannies of mine less then 5 days to hit 90 there.. my biggest concern is just that there's nothing really comparable and it's very mind dulling grind..

after ruins you go to the next almost similar spot again aoe xping till 99.. in H5 at least you had many options of different spots to go..

can't make any random pick up group anymore as they won't last long in the magmeld garden of genesis and my clan won't allow those to take spots on 3rd floor karnaks so yeah..

Ya it is. I did ~40% in a little less than 5 hours on the 3rd floor w/ runes/10% mentee/bday pot. Really depends on set-up though. Mage/Summoner groups definitely kill the fastest, at least that I've seen. Tbh, I'm not unhappy with this update, though xping for hours on end is pretty mind numbing.
Retribution

Next

Return to Hunting Grounds