Tanking in lvl 100 hunting grounds

Re: Tanking in lvl 100 hunting grounds

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Smittie wrote:As for the GoS mobs, during daytime you cannot chain pull fort or barrena, but you can chain the temptress, liger and nero. This changes to the opposite during nighttime. Also, Barrena dont seem to summon friends unless you are doing damage to her.

That's an excellent tip, Smittie! :)
Elmar

Tanking in lvl 100 hunting grounds

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 pm

ZeroX wrote:... well my problem isnt to survive..my clannies say in the clan im one of the most surviving and protecting tanks, ofc i die here and there from random pulls/damage. Just wonder how other tanks dotn wanna rip their hair out after 2 hours of constant running, it hurts my arm/hand, and if i AFK i screw my member running Runes.

It may be a coincidence, but in the screenshot section of the NCKorea forum there are very few screenshots from the Atelia Fortress, none at all from the Garden of Spirits and the Enchanted Valley, but quite a number that have the upgraded Giants' Caves from "The Plan of the Ancients" as background. Apparently this is the most popular hunting ground in Korea at the moment. Maybe the developers have realized that they have overdone the difficulty a bit with the "Infinite Odyssey" hunting grounds and made the Giants' Caves a more relaxed place?
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Smittie wrote:Where is this Labido mob?

There are two varieties at the Garden of Spirits; in Korea they are callled "Fury Sylph Labido". One during daylight, with Wind element:

http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... B%82%AE%29

And one during night, with Earth element:

http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... B%B0%A4%29

Both varieties have a strong M.Atk., the same stats, but different drops.
Elmar

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Right now i mostly XP in GoS, its feels harder than atelia sh2 IMOs, as ive xped on both, but due to clan affairs this is where i can XP right now(gos).

Yes i know about the changes of resistances from mobs. it also affects this Labido that is pullable at day, but resistant to pull at night and has an isntant-cast ability that knocks you down and back and can 1AOE shot anything that is not a tank.

Elmar wrote:
It may be a coincidence, but in the screenshot section of the NCKorea forum there are very few screenshots from the Atelia Fortress, none at all from the Garden of Spirits and the Enchanted Valley, but quite a number that have the upgraded Giants' Caves from "The Plan of the Ancients" as background. Apparently this is the most popular hunting ground in Korea at the moment. Maybe the developers have realized that they have overdone the difficulty a bit with the "Infinite Odyssey" hunting grounds and made the Giants' Caves a more relaxed place?

it would be nice if such could be true...if i remember right they decided to make high level mobs very hard-hitting as anti-bot measure. Thing is, we dont have bot parties at high level on Core so this feature is just unnecessary to begin with in our server.

Anyways thx for feedback, will just have to live with it. qq
ZeroX

Postby Smittie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:23 am

Could be Fury Sylph Temptress?

I guess they are deeper in than I usually exp with clannies. GoS is where we go with lower than lvl 100 dds.

Stronghold IV doable with 2 lvl 99 feosh, but safer with higher lvl feohs.
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:36 am

Here is the list of monsters at the Garden of Spirits:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 0#hd101584

I could identify Cerberus Fort/켈베로스 포르, Fury Sylph Barrena/퓨리 실프 바레나, Cerberus Liger/켈베로스 레제 and Cerberus Nero/켈베로스 네로. The Fury Kiku/퓨리 키쿠 somehow doesn't look very tempting:

As Temptress I could offer you Fury Sylph Furka/퓨리 실프 푸르카:

That one also has a high M.Atk.

No matter whether it's Labido or Furka, NCWest has again changed a perfect Anglo-Korean name into some fantasy designation. This is unfortunate because it makes searching things in the NCKorea Powerbook Wikipedia one step more difficult.
Elmar

Postby Smittie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

I think its Purka here.

Clan usually does the area closer to entrance, so we usually dont get the Purka, alot of ppl still missing gold wings.
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Ah, that clears it up. The Fury Sylph Labido in Kora and Europe is Fury Sylph Temptress at NCWest :)
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 pm

day time nuking mobs = hate/aggression to get them to where you want them, tell ur range dd's not to hit till they're in the snare/kill zone

night mobs are easy mode as pull/chain works fine

GoS is da place for those lvl99 who are unable to pl themselves in EV to 100+
Draecke

Postby ZeroX » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Well my cp member made xp in gos 40% in 1 week at 100 (~8T xp needed to 101 on core) as archer with specter bow +7, average parties. the place is rather good, on EV, we duo tank/archer is nice xp on dead times.

I like night mode, very easy to gather mobs, i just dislike when these "el floato" (maybe not same name on NA, but its these jellyfish white creature that randomly spawns). I start to use this rage aura+wizard and full m def setup on this place and overall the pt survivility has increased a lot, i like chalenge aura beter but if ppl dont die = more dps.
ZeroX

PreviousNext

Return to Knight Classes