Tanking in lvl 100 hunting grounds

Postby ZeroX » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Elmar, id like to know, have u noticed anything regarding tank population behaviour on forums? Such as, any news how they take the current PVE aproach?

AKA u cant go away for even 10 seconds or u die. Tanking is so exhausting right now, i cannot even leave my pc to open door(i require a celestial to just switch windows tab), the party is forced to loose momentum and take break which is stupid, unless every tank there has a spare PVE+12 set .. :? On top of this u have to be looking at all ur pt members the whole time, who can get random 1 shots of 90k dmg.
ZeroX

Re: The Plan of the Ancients

Postby Smittie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:35 pm

This some new area hitting that hard?
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:15 am

On all new areas tank cannot stand still to make ok XP and also mobs pull you randomly. Labido can hit up to 300k dmg, but this is a diferent mob.
ZeroX

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 am

says more about the party your with then about the tank class as such imo.. I'm doing fine in AF, can pull 10 groups of mobs and still be fine.. only when the party has more then 1 person at 99 or below average gear things get hard but all that means is you gotta adjust the amount of mobs you pull cause else it gets stressful yes..

if things get hard just set ur AP set up to PVP mode which is max Pdef & HP as that should help alil as well, also if you go to places like AF and are to cheap to use rose buf then ofc things will get hairy from time to time..

still I fail to see how this is any different from the past ?
Draecke

Postby MYSTERYouse » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 am

Draecke wrote:says more about the party your with then about the tank class as such imo..

I can say the same, I remember from the "old times", where I was the one in an average gear while Draecke was dancing between mobs in MOS and I was the one nuked down constantly (I know that this discussion is more about the tanks, but I think this applies in general to L2).

The small bits that might not give you a big bonus at first sight and cost a fortune (2bil+), be it epics, belts, headgear, talismans can make a big difference in this game once you stack them together.

In the end these little bits can make a difference in your level of L2 enjoyment, which I think the L2 is all about ...

Disclaimer: I am/used to be a PvE non-factor nerd always an update behind, so my apologies for not having a clue about the new zones.
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 104 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Draecke wrote:says more about the party your with then about the tank class as such imo.. I'm doing fine in AF, can pull 10 groups of mobs and still be fine.. only when the party has more then 1 person at 99 or below average gear things get hard but all that means is you gotta adjust the amount of mobs you pull cause else it gets stressful yes..

if things get hard just set ur AP set up to PVP mode which is max Pdef & HP as that should help alil as well, also if you go to places like AF and are to cheap to use rose buf then ofc things will get hairy from time to time..

I have been thinking past days, that atm since there is no lvl cap, every update will give u reason to keep leveling. When CR/loc was introduced, you still had lvl 99 goal, then there was AP. AP farming wasnt necessary to rush, there were several ways to farm it and having 4 or 5 AP diference from ur oponent was not big deal. Now you have to farm to101, while my oponent will reach 103. This means i always to have farm the optimal way - AOE- which means, everyday i must stay hours and hours of running in circles with no stop. The PVE is not hard, but this is not relaxing AT ALL when you cant even leave the chair for a minute or 2. A DD can go afk, it wont affect the party, so can an iss. Healer can go afk if theres 2 healers..but tank, never, if i stay on same place, i will die instantly with 100k hp and 20k p def.

Also i dunno about you, but mobs can still act stupidly randomly, when i agro them and agro lands, and they still continue to move to the DDs sometimes, completetly ignoring me. From what ive seen i believe some mobs get some form of resistance to debuffs while they are attacking ranged characters, for example on GOS, this white wolf monster, very suspectible to debuffs, but the moment hes going for someone, paralyze/chain hardly land. Also the damage form monster is very very VERY inconsistent, their multiplier are absolutely ridiculous, here i am getting hit from a mob for 5-10k, and the same mob hits me for 80k few seconds after? Shield defense aint that powerful...
ZeroX

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 pm

ZeroX wrote:Elmar, id like to know, have u noticed anything regarding tank population behaviour on forums? Such as, any news how they take the current PVE aproach?

Here is the Korean Tank forum:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/class/ ... iasName=20

Their main problem is that they can't find a party:

Resistability doesn't seem to be an issue. Here is for example a lvl 99 Hell Knight with +6 Eternal Heavy having with Rose Essence 13,000 P.Def. and 89,000 HP, asking hopw to get to 15,000 P.Def., and in the discussion numbers go higher:

Like MYSTERYouse said, the trick is in the equipment. In Korea players can get all sorts of Enchantment Scrolls from the Mentor Guide, including Giant's Scrolls/거인의 강화 주문서:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... %9C#hd_4_1
Since up to lvl 85 the game is free to play over there, running a pocket Mentee to Awakening to get a number of R-Grade Giant's Scrolls Armor for 5,400 Mentee Marks each is not a problem - for the player. NCsoft doesn't earn any money when their customers play around in low levels instead of rushing to lvl 105 :D
Elmar

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 pm

thx um

well my problem isnt to survive..my clannies say in the clan im one of the most surviving and protecting tanks, ofc i die here and there from random pulls/damage. Just wonder how other tanks dotn wanna rip their hair out after 2 hours of constant running, it hurts my arm/hand, and if i AFK i screw my member running Runes.
ZeroX

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm

well for starters you should agree upfront with your party to have a 5/10min break every 2hrs or so, which ever works best for the xp boost stuff your party will be using and also it's a joint effort aka for proper crowd control you will need a feoh that can keep steady snares up and it does help to have an iss with root/para/song of silence for when things go bad.. the PVE pro's also have a DN Tyr in party.

btw people need to realize certain hard facts: GoS is ok 99~100+, AF is NOT ok with 99 as DD - only if you have a strong party you can think of letting 1 99 DD leach xp (even with top gear lvl99 has a huge damage penalty in AF) as else it impacts how much mobs you can pull as the party overall DPS will suck.

anyways we're completely off topic here and this should be moved as a separate topic in the Tanks class section lol..
Draecke

Postby Smittie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Where is this Labido mob? I cant recall seeing that one. But ive done mosty Atelia IV and GoS. Still think I get hit a bit too hard by the archons in Atelia (between 6k and 15k or so) for being a tank, but im also only lvl 100.

Havent had any trouble landing para on most mobs in GoS, but I have Orfen soul, special resistance earrin - paralyze and Frintezza soul.

As for the GoS mobs, during daytime you cannot chain pull fort or barrena, but you can chain the temptress, liger and nero. This changes to the opposite during nighttime. Also, Barrena dont seem to summon friends unless you are doing damage to her.
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Next

Return to Knight Classes