About the splitting up of the Sigel Knight class

About the splitting up of the Sigel Knight class

Postby Elmar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:03 am

Are you all well? I am Namgung Gon.

Our second discussion topic will be the diversification of the Sigel Knight.

Before I start with the concrete explanations, let me talk about the general direction we at the Development Department thought we would take with the diversification of the Sigel Knight.

As I have mentioned in my previous article, the diversification of the various Awakening classes can be brought about in different ways.

Let me explain here what we at the Development Department refer to as differences in the degree of specialization of each class.
The term "degree of specialization" encompasses taking into account the difference between the individual characteristics of pre-Awakening classes belonging to a given class group, i.e. one of the present Awakening classes, as well as the importance such a class has for forming a party.

In the case of the Sigel Knight we must consider that this is an essential class for any kind of party play, and that the individuality spectrum of the 4 pre-Awakening classes which belong to the Knight group is not particularly wide.
Therefore, clearly reflecting the individual characteristics of each of the 4 classes will not bring about a significant difference in party composition.
※ This is not yet confirmed, but let me first explain in a general way how we plan to split up the class.

1. Diversified structure of the Sigel Knight class

1) Characters who have not yet Awakened
As I have mentioned in point 3 of my previous article, Knights who have not yet Awakened at the time of the Chapter 3 update will Awaken into a structure which is similar to the one formed by the old 3rd classes. After the update, Awakening to the present Sigel Knight class will be no longer possible.

2) Already Awakened Knights
For Knights who have already Awakened, we are considering a scheme where they will be offered to choose one from among the 4 changed Knight classes.
In those cases we are planning to apply the same procedure if the player has used the Stone of Destiny to Awaken to Sigel Knight from a different class.

3) Awakened skills
The classes issued from the current Sigel Knight will basically keep almost all of their present skill set. However, for reasons of adjusting the balance between classes, changes may occur.
Those Awakening skills had been originally designed to enable the character to play an archetypal Tank role; they fully serve the purpose of not causing too much of a difference in the basic role the four Knight classes will play within a party.
Furthermore, this arrangement also helps to avoid that our esteemed customers who are already familiar with the present set of Awakening skills will get unduly confused.
(But keep in mind, after we have received various suggestions, this part might be adjusted in the future.)

4) Acquisition of new skills
We have configured the additional skills below, which you can acquire from the point on when you have Awakened, in a way that they will convey the feeling as if you were leveling up your old 3rd class skills.

2. Classification of the Knight classes after their 3rd class change quest according to their specializations

In the table below you can see how the 4 pre-Awakening Knight classes can be categorized according to their characteristic abilities.

Race Class Characteristics
Human Phoenix Knight Defense, Protection, Shield Defense
Hell Knight Attack, Servitor, Vampiric
Elf Eva's Templar Healing/Recovery, Cubic Master, Shield Defense Rate
Dark Elf Shilien's Templar Attack, Cubic Master, Debuffs

3. Concept of the different classes and acquirable skills after diversification

▶ The acquirable skills are differentiated on the basis of the particular characteristics of each pre-Awakening class and will follow in their name and visual animation the existing 2nd/3rd class skills.

1) Sigel Phoenix Knight

Can, through increasing the defense capabilities of the whole party as well as his ability to protect party members, fulfill the role of a Defensive Tank.

※ Acquirable skills

Trigger SkillWhen hit, it causes all party members' P.Def./M.Def. to increase.
Active SkillSacrifice himself to restore party members' HP and increase their resistance to debuffs.
Passive SkillShield Defense is increased.

2) Sigel Hell Knight

Can, through increasing the attack capabilities of the whole party as well as by making use of a specifically damage dealing servitor, fulfill the role of an Offensive Tank.

※ Acquirable skills

Trigger SkillWhen hit, it causes all party members' P.Atk./M.Atk. to increase.
Active SkillSummon a greatly enhanced Dark Panther.
Passive SkillAbsorbing HP when hitting.

3) Sigel Eva's Templar

Can, through a Cubic for HP/MP recovery as well as the ability to restore the whole party's HP, fulfill the role of a Defensive Tank.

※ Acquirable skills

Trigger SkillWhen hit, restores all party members' HP.
Active SkillSummons a Cubic which restores HP or increases the HP/MP Recovery Rate.
Passive SkillShield Defense Rate is increased.

4) Sigel Shillien Templar

Can, through increasing the attack capabilities of the whole party as well as with enhanced debuff skills, fulfill the role of an Offensive Tank.

※ Acquirable skills

Trigger SkillWhen hit, it causes all party members' P.Atk./M.Atk. to increase.
Active SkillSummons a Cubic which decreases the enemy's P.Def. or absorbs his HP.
Active SkillUses attack skills that inflict, like a flash of lightning, damage and paralysis.

As far as the present Sigel Knight class is concerned, apart from considering the plan for a diversification of the class as laid out above, there will also have to be parallel patches for an improvement of balance. However, because this might bring confusion into the discussion, I am not including here the adjustments in the balance between the existing Awakening skills. Let me just talk about the skill changes that have become necessary because of the class diversification.

1. Changes to Cubic effects
The effects of the Knight Cubic originally learned by the Sigel Knight class will be reduced.
For Eva's Templar and Shillien Templar, the so-called Cubic Masters, the effects will be greatly enhanced, being a specific feature of their class.

2. Changes to servitors
The skill Summon Golden Lion originally learned by the Sigel Knight class is deleted.
For Hell Knights a greatly enhanced Dark Panther will be added, being a specific feature of that class.

We at the Development Department have been analyzing the degree to which the role of an archetypal Tank can be reached while bringing back again the specific characteristics of the diversified classes and at the same time striving to incorporate the suggestions submitted by our esteemed customers. This inspired us to draw up the present plan for skill adjustments.
I would like to ask those of you who have leveled a Tank to provide us with further suggestions about the possible structure of a diversified Knight class and which specific features we should add.
The three best suggestions about the class diversification will be rewarded with one Blessed Scroll R-95 Grade each.

Thank you.

Source:
http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/board/foru ... eId=516005
Elmar

Re: About the splitting up of the Sigel Knight class

Postby RapidBlades » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 am

As I see you will have a lots of work with it:).

I would study in Korean too, I still search the way what would be the easiest way for me, than I could help too:).
RapidBlades

Postby Laby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 am

Any help is welcome :)

I translated the main party about possible changes regarding old previous class. I think the current scheme is to add some skills based on the previous 3rd class. Be aware that I may be totally wrong in some translations, missing a negation or things like that. As long as it's written (Laby) before it means Elmar didn't check and confirm it :D

We will also translate pictures like the previous post
Ptitlaby - Naia EU Server
Pony Master
Laby

Postby Lineage » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:05 pm

4) Sigel Knight - Shilien's Tempar
Trigger Skill
(Laby)When hit, there is a chance to increase the party members' P.Atk/M.Atk
Active Skill
(Laby) Summon a cubic which decrease the ennemy's armor or decrease its HP to recover its master own HP
Passive Skill

(Laby)Any skill used has a chance to do extra damage and paralyze the target

Amen
Tera - 60 High Elf Archer/60 High Elf Berserker

L2 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Lineage

Postby RapidBlades » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Elmar, Lady, I dunno, that you did see or not, but there goes a poll, how does the players like the change of the Sigel Knight there is 4 options again:

A. The presented plan for the Sigel Knight diversification is appropriate. (66,1%)
B. The participate in the party can result serious problems by the different characteristic. (22,6%)
C. Little more variety of characterization is necessary. (2,6%)
D. Other ideas, leave a comment. (8,7%)
(These was my personal translation about the poll option if you Laby or Elmar can check and may translate it better if need would be nice.)

These results still aren't finally just was the result when i did create the comment.

So, looks like most of the players, the idea, while a smaller part of them feel it, that this will can result problems for some of classes.

Still isn't 100% sure nothing still, but looks like, that the Korean players mostly agree the changes and might be this 22,6% would decrease drastically or change their mind if the different Knight skill trees will get good balance.
RapidBlades

Postby Sabotin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:12 pm

I think that the problems depend entirely how they choose to implement/balance these things. The issue being that NCsoft doesn't really have a good balancing record as far as I remember.

Well the skills don't seem to bad to me, though I'd disagree on HK having any kind of vampiric flavor (and I think it sais Lightning Strike is an active skill). I'd find some kind of reflect thing for them, but I guess they don't wanna push it. It also looks like they're looking more at the 2nd class stuff for ideas.

Anyway I'm still more interested what they plan with the enchanter class, but I guess they'll leave that big mess for later :D .
Sabotin

Postby ZeroX » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

The tank are the easiest to split, they had a lot of unique skills so no wonder it's the first class to take the spolight :P (gooooo SK!)

I gotta say all these looks delicious!! I'm glad they plan on deleting that ugly lion and make HK the half-breed dark summoner again!

I wil defintiely take the vit for each class chance to lvl my dwarf sub to make a knight, awaken it, and wait for more details, i can finally say, we kinda got the advantage since we can prepare for this! Very excited!

Thx for the info :D
ZeroX

Postby Draecke » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm

if only we could test the final stuff on a PTS so we know for sure which new paths fit our play styles best..

am torn between phoenix & sk knight type now and even thou it would be funny as hell to be a light elf SK I'm not convinced which style fits me best, has to be good for mass pvp & xp (don't care about oly) ^^"
Draecke

Postby Smittie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 am

Wait a minute, we would be able to choose whichever one we like?

Its not locked by previous class or current race?

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:53 am

The Development Department is still in the brainstorming phase. But the current plan is that if you are Awakened on update day, you can choose one from your class group. Like for example a Sigel Knight can choose Sigel Shillien Templar or Sigel Eva's Templar (even if you are an Orc), but not Feoh Storm Screamer.

Disclaimer:
Since the best player suggestions get a nice reward, Korean players are at the moment flooding the developers with ideas. So the current plans may change at any time.
Elmar

Next

Return to Knight Classes