Dreadnought Oly setup?

Dreadnought Oly setup?

Postby roksonixx » Mon May 02, 2011 9:51 pm

What tat's are best for oly on a warlord with moirai heavy, i guess for the wep you go health?

From personal experience, tanking a few more hits by going ++con is worthwhile because it lets you use 2-3 more skills before you die, which could be gamechanging, it also means battleroar has more effect and earthquake/shockblast dont hurt you as much, and theres a lot bigger chance of getting revival off, however i assume you must go -dex, which limits your run and attack speed,

would -str be an option? if you lose 1-200 patk for the benefit of decent run speed, attack speed, and hp, when the skills add 3-4k onto your patk anyway then you won't lose much damage but gain the whole benefit as just described?

obviously a pve setup doesn't work, in oly, so it's a choice of:

+con,+str, --dex
+con, -dex
+con,+dex, --str
+con, -str

with moirai you get a +2str-2con on your char, so i'm also thinking:

-2str+2con, -3dex+3con, this gives you the benefit of the most hp, keeping your str at base, and only losing 3 dex instead of 5,

can't figure out what's best at the minute, any help? +5con -5dex takes too much of everything away
roksonixx

Re: Dreadnought Oly setup?

Postby Valquiria » Tue May 03, 2011 1:29 pm

More str = better stun land rate
More con = more chance to cast revival
More dex = more speed

Remove dex and up STR and CON.
Have in bag a C grade weapon with Health to help you cast of revival.
Swordmuse
Valquiria

Postby Hyperlite » Tue May 03, 2011 6:03 pm

never go -str.

if anything, u can sacrifice some CON for STR due to lionheart and other ways to help resit stuns.

myself personally, i -5 CON, +5 STR, -4 INT, +4 WIT. the +wit is for casting noble on myself at the beginning for mental shield and focus.

regarding SA, health can be useful depending on skill enchants. if u have very high enchants on all skills that have HP Regen associated with them or a really high Battle Roar, the health weapon is useful (i personally use a health weapon). however, due to the shear amount of skill OE's required to make it useful, haste is probably the better option for most DN's.

Also, a major key in oly is getting a nice bow. DN's are slow and need a bow for quite a few situations.
99 Tank - Chronos
Hyperlite

Postby Valquiria » Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Vesper Stormer (health) = PVP
Vesper Stormer (haste) = PVE but... Icarus Trident (critical stun) is better.
Swordmuse
Valquiria

Postby Nuku » Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 am

Hyperlite wrote:never go -str.

regarding SA, health can be useful depending on skill enchants. if u have very high enchants on all skills that have HP Regen associated with them or a really high Battle Roar, the health weapon is useful (i personally use a health weapon). however, due to the shear amount of skill OE's required to make it useful, haste is probably the better option for most DN's.

+1 on this, my personal experience in Oly with +CON -STR was way worse than with +STR -CON
Nuku

Postby roksonixx » Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 pm

considering +4str+4con -8dex,

lose 7% atk speed, 8-9 speed, but with a fully overenchanted thrill fight ill have the same speed as i do now, but i gain like 1-2k hp, and quite a lot of patk,

with rush and stuff i dont think warlord needs any dex at all, but im still unsure how ill cope exping without any dex
roksonixx

Postby Hyperlite » Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

roksonixx wrote:considering +4str+4con -8dex,

lose 7% atk speed, 8-9 speed, but with a fully overenchanted thrill fight ill have the same speed as i do now, but i gain like 1-2k hp, and quite a lot of patk,

with rush and stuff i dont think warlord needs any dex at all, but im still unsure how ill cope exping without any dex

that 8-9 run speed is going to kill you in oly even with +30 thrill fight when being kited.

i have no dex modifier except for my vesper set which counters it due to run speed boost and still ahve issues with being too slow even with +30 thrill fight and run speed talismans.
99 Tank - Chronos
Hyperlite

Postby roksonixx » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

whats wrong with a bow/rush?
roksonixx

Postby Hyperlite » Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 pm

roksonixx wrote:whats wrong with a bow/rush?

RI has a horrible reuse and rush is almost worthless in half the arenas. if they are runnign from you you still end up away from the person due to the glitchyness of the skill. shock blast is a much better use of MP when at range over rush. it hits harder than rush and can possibly stun. Whenever RI is up, I use it, especially to gain ground, but thats because it can also stun.

also, the new arenas are not very friendly to rush. Line of Sight can be broken very easily and rush is impossible to use in the center of the circle pillar arena.

in the end, healers and mages will kite you around the pillars, and if u dont have the run speed to get into sight and use a rush skill, your rush skills are worthless. Also, once u are mana drained completely, u cant use the rush skills anymore, and a bow will be your only offense, as you will be slower than the mage and wont get within melee range.
99 Tank - Chronos
Hyperlite

Postby roksonixx » Mon May 09, 2011 10:36 pm

maximum clarity talisman :)

i guess i just cant decide what route to go, where's the fine line between having lots of hp, doing lots of damage, and having "decent" run speed,

if ncsoft had made the char with 1 more dex, would you go and do +1con-1dex?

there must be some way of calculating damage output vs hp to see where they meet, and that is obviously the best setup for olympiad
roksonixx

Next

Return to Warrior Classes