About the splitting up of the Tyrr Warrior class

About the splitting up of the Tyrr Warrior class

Postby Elmar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 am

Are you all well? I am Namgung Gon.

Our fourth discussion topic will be the diversification of the Tyrr Warrior class.

The Tyrr Warrior is that class group where upon Awakening the most pre-Awakening classes are unified.
This group consists of the 6 classes Duelist, Dreadnought, Titan, Grand Khavatari, Maestro and Doombringer.

Each of those Warrior classes uses weapons specific only to that class. Through the diversity of the weapons as well as the resulting combat patterns those are classes with a strong individuality.

1. Diversified structure of the Tyrr Warrior class

As mentioned before in connection with Sigel Knights and Othell Rogues, the present skill set will be basically maintained. Already Awakened Tyrr Warriors will be be able to choose one from among the 6 new classes.

Those 6 classes will be able to learn upgraded forms of pre-Awakening skills which were typical for their earlier class and playstyle. Apart from that they will be given a distinctive personality based on the specific weapon types which bestow a great individuality to the different warrior classes.

However, in order to give the Tyrr Maestro a clearly defined special role and keeping in view the specific characteristics of this class, our plans are at the moment going in a direction where only Main Class Tyrr Warriors of Dwarven race will be permitted to choose that class.

2. Concept of the different classes and acquirable skills after diversification

1) Tyrr Duelist
Specializes in the use of Dual Swords and can through his high CON fulfill the role of a stable Damage Dealer. The Tyrr Duelist creates a space for himself by using Energy skills enhanced by a maximum of absorbed Momentum; through strong attack skills as well as skills which increase his HP and CP he shows a strong face in PvP.

※ Acquirable skills

Passive SkillIncreases the maximum level of absorbed Momentum to 15.
Active SkillSwings the weapon quickly; while Momentum is consumed, strong damage is inflicted.
Passive SkillIncreases maximum HP and CP.
Passive SkillIncreases P. Atk. when a Dual Sword is equipped.

2) Tyrr Dreadnought
Specializes in the use of Polearms and can through significantly enhanced buff and debuff Polearm skills fulfill the role of a Damage Dealer who may safely confront a great number of enemies. With a high-grade Provoke skill the Tyrr Dreadnought can efficiently handle a great number of monsters, he learns a passive Polearm skill which increases his P.Atk. as well as the number of targets he can hit.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillProvokes enemies within a wide range and decreases their resistance to Polearms as well as their P.Def.
Passive SkillWhen a Polearm is equipped, P. Atk. and the number of targets that can be hit are increased by 2 levels.

3) Tyrr Titan
Specializes in the use of Two-Handed Swords and can on the basis of a high P.Atk. fulfill the role of an offensive Damage Dealer with continuous damage output. The Tyrr Titan increases his P.Atk. with Rage-type skills and, having learned a passive Polearm skill, he also demonstrates additional efficiency when confronting great numbers of monsters.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillIncreases P. Atk.for a certain period of time, further increasing P.Atk. to a great degree when a Two-Handed Sword is equipped.
Passive SkillIncreases P. Atk. when a Two-Handed Sword or a Two-Handed Blunt Weapon is equipped.
Passive SkillWhen a Polearm is equipped, P.Atk. increases by 1 level.

4) Tyrr Grand Khavatari
Specializes in the use of Fist Weapons and can, by instantaneously increasing his combat abilities as well as through a high Atk.Speed, fulfill the role of an offensive Damage Dealer. The Tyrr Grand Khavatari creates a space for himself by using Energy skills enhanced by a maximum of absorbed Momentum; with Fist Fury-type skills he increases his Atk.Speed, and by additionally using a Bison-type Cry he maximizes his combat abilities.

※ Acquirable Skills

Passive SkillIncreases the maximum level of absorbed Momentum to 15.
Toogle SkillContinuously consumes HP to increase Atk.Speed.
Active SkillInstantly increases the attack abilities. When HP decreases, the attack abilities are further increased.
Passive SkillIncreases P.Atk. when a Fist Weapon is equipped.

5) Tyrr Maestro
Specializes in the crafting of items and can, after learning passive skills for Two-Handed Swords and Polearms, fulfill the role of an offensive Damage Dealer. When crafting for example R99 Eternal Light armor, one of the required materials will be from now on Leather Strap, and in the new class structure only the Tyrr Maestro will be crafting Leather Strap.

※ Acquirable Skills

Passive SkillWhen crafting, has a chance for Critical Craft, obtaining additional items.
Passive SkillCan craft the materials required for crafting high-grade items.
Passive SkillIncreases P. Atk. when a Two-Handed Sword or a Two-Handed Blunt Weapon is equipped.
Passive SkillWhen a Polearm is equipped, P.Atk. increases by 1 level.

6) Tyrr Doombringer
Specializes in the use of Two-Handed Swords and can, on the basis of a high agility as well as Disarm skills, fulfill the role of a strong Damage Dealer in PvP. With the dash skill Rush Impact as well as Disarm skills the Tyrr Doombringer shines both in one vs. one PvP and on battlefields.

※ Acquirable Skills

Active SkillWithout having to worry about delay, consumes HP to rush to an enemy and inflict stun on the surrounding targets.
Active SkillInstantly disarms a single target.

It is a characteristic of the Tyrr Warrior class that they can freely use all weapons. But in order to diversify the Warrior class, we will have to conduct a differentiation of the useable weapons. However, since presently used weapons would then have to be suddenly replaced, we intend to introduce the benefits of the class-specific weapons gradually.
In order to avoid chaos at the coming update, there won't be a big difference even if you use your present weapon. Later we will step by step increase the benefits when you use a class-specific weapon, thus arriving at a differentiation of the classes.

And let me add, in order to clearly mark the unique role of the Tyrr Maestro, we are planning to let this class learn crafting abilities as well as skills for improved siege engines.
For the purpose of increasing such class diversity, the existing racial skills will in the future have to be cut back and reorganized. Especially the siege engine skills, now Dwarven racial skills, will have to be removed from among the racial skills.
Apart from that, we are at the moment investigating whether it might not be necessary to adjust the Tyrr Maestro's combat abilities downwards, like with the Fortune Seeker from the Othell Rogue series.

3. Balance adjustment of the Warrior classes

In order to strengthen the role of the Warrior series as overall Damage Dealers, we are in the process of conducting an additional balance adjustment.
Let me talk here about the main points of what we are at the moment discussing at the Development Department.

1. Damage Skill improvement
Adjusting upwards the Excellent Skill Rate triggered by Skill Mastery for single attack skills.
Greatly increasing the Skill Power as well as the Excellent Skill Rate of Sonic Star (lvl 95) and Infinity Strike (lvl 99).

2. Improvement of debuffs lowering P.Def.
The effect of P.Def.-lowering debuffs like Armor Destruction will be adjusted upwards by 30%.

3. Improvement to the effect of Last Attack
In order to fit the Warrior concept, this lvl 90 skill will be changed to a normal, strong attack. The reuse delay will be removed and its power will be increased.
It will also be possible to use Last Attack in PvP.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would would be grateful if you could supply us with many comments and suggestions about the diversified structure of the Tyrr Warrior class.
The three best suggestions about the splitting up of the Tyrr Warrior class will be rewarded with one Blessed Scroll R-95 Grade each.

Thank you.

Source:
http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/board/foru ... eId=516953
Elmar

Re: About the splitting up of the Tyrr Warrior class

Postby Nithak » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

so ex.dread will be tru poler-tyr with provoke skill debuffing pdef ? omg :) my class was so rare at NA servers ...
Nithak

Postby Sabotin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Tyrr Duelist:
Sabotin wrote:Passive Skill: Increases maximum absorbed momentum to 15.
Active Skill: Quickly brandishes a weapon to inflict a powerful strike on the target and increases damage when using Momentum.
Passive Skill: Increases maximum HP and CP.
Passive Skill: Increases P. Atk. when wearing a dual weapon.

Tyrr Dreadnought:
Sabotin wrote:Active Skill: Provokes enemies within a wide range and decreases their P. Def. and resistance to spear weapons.
Passive Skill: When wearing a spear, Stage 2 increase in P. Atk. and the number of possible targets.

Tyrr Titan:
Sabotin wrote:Active Skill: For a certain period of time increases P. Atk., further increasing when using a two-handed sword.
Passive Skill: Increases P. Atk. when wearing a two-handed sword or blunt weapon.
Passive Skill: When wearing a spear, Stage 1 increase in P. Atk.

Tyrr Grand Khavatari:
Sabotin wrote:Passive Skill: Increases maximum absorbed momentum to 15.
Toggle Skill: Continuously consumes HP to increase attack speed.
Active Skill: Momentarily increases attack abilities. When HP decreases attack abilities are further increased.
Passive Skill: Increases P. Atk. when wearing a fist weapon.

Tyrr Maestro:
Sabotin wrote:Passive Skill: When crafting, has a chance to critically craft, obtaining additional items.
Passive Skill: The number of key ingredient required to craft is reduced.
Passive Skill: Increases P. Atk. when wearing a two-handed sword or blunt weapon.
Passive Skill: When wearing a spear, Stage 1 increase in P. Atk.

Tyrr Doombringer:
Sabotin wrote:Active Skill: Without a delay, consumes HP to rush to an enemy and inflict stun on surrounding targets.
Active Skill: Momentarily disarms a single target.

I referenced current and old skills, but there's a good measure of guessing involved this time...
Sabotin

Postby Laby » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you Sabotin for this preliminary trnaslations. I will add them to the main post.

As Sabotin, you are all welcome to help Elmar and myself to translate this article :)

By the way, at the end of this article there is a poll for Korean players

47.1% of people think it's a good balance, but 48.9% think it will bring many problems ingame
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm

those that voted good balance are non Tyr players and the other category has Tyr players voting imo lol as the existing Tyr has it "all" aka stronger then these split off versions from the looks of it..

"all" in this context means: strong aoe & single target xp / strong single target pvp / disarm ppl etc. etc.

at least the players in Korea are more mature, imagine the drama and outrage of all the F2P GoD players on NCWest who have no clue how this game was in H5 as those will see this as only 1 big nerf to their Tyr "class"..
Draecke

Postby Laby » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Well, I would say it depends how they are gonna buff any separate class. But for example the Tyrr already have nice AoE abilities. What could they give more to a DN Tyrr ? I don't see. More targets ? Good luck finding so many mobs
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby ZeroX » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Laby wrote:Well, I would say it depends how they are gonna buff any separate class. But for example the Tyrr already have nice AoE abilities. What could they give more to a DN Tyrr ? I don't see. More targets ? Good luck finding so many mobs

That's easy..More power on their AOEs and momentary weak debuffs on those AOEs. This also also help a ton of PVP since they mostly use Pole and dmg comes from it. This way Tyrr doesn't become weaker on PVE while giving DN a better PVP management with the not-so-good-weapon.
ZeroX

Postby Nithak » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

i hope dread passive stage 2 gives +200% patak ^^ but seriously if they make it +5% then gtfo... as ex dread i still usse old provoke skill that gives debuff for pole... so thinking that is ok balance is retarded when all tyrr get provoke at higher lvls

feels "unique" :/ ... elmar write there about giving DN new weaknes for fairies/demons etc . no on writes there about bring back FOCUS ATTACK skill that let u use poel as singe target weapon with +25% crit bonus if i rember ? When poll ends ?

of course DN gets only 2 things while other tyrrs even 4! QQ
Nithak

Postby Sabotin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I have to ask, how is additional skills and skill powerups a nerf? I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm really curious how they plan to make final blow usable in pvp lol...
Sabotin

Postby Nithak » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

at NA DN was rarest class... before they merge nA servers there was like 5 active DNs... if they make titans/dwarfs better for raids with 2h swords it can be hard times for ex. DNs at raid parties maybe... . I dont know how much DN was popular at Korea but if same as NA they can screwed DN-TYRR :)

Is that new provoke AOE version of Armor Destruction ?
Nithak

Next

Return to Warrior Classes