About the splitting up of Wizard, Summoner and Archer

About the splitting up of Wizard, Summoner and Archer

Postby Elmar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 am

Are you all well? I am Namgung Gon.

Our fifth discussion topic will be the diversification of the Feoh Wizard, Wynn Summoner and Yul Archer classes.

In the course of the article I will be addressing each of the classes individually. But let's first discuss the common aspects of the remaining three Damage Dealer classes.

1. Diversified structure of the classes

The diversified structure of these three classes will be the same as that of the other classes we have talked about before.

Characters who have already Awakened will be able to select one from among the 3~5 classes in their respective Awakening class group. Characters who have not yet Awakened at the time of the update will have to Awaken to the class that is determined by their 2nd -> 3rd class path.

If a character has used the Stone of Destiny to Awaken to a different class group as would be stipulated by his 3rd class, he or she can only choose a class from among the Awakening class group he belongs to right now.

2. Plan for the diversification of the Feoh Wizard class

1) General direction for the splitting up of the Feoh Wizard class
The combat style of Feoh Archmage/Mystic Muse/Storm Screamer will be transformed from what they are accustomed to in their 3rd class profession into using a succession of Vortex + Crusher combinations.
Feoh Soultaker/Soulhound will be given a structure where they are learning debuffs and skills specifically tailored for PvP. Thus they will have characteristics which are quite different from the other Wizard classes.
In order to make each class even more distinguishable after separation, we are planning to gradually strengthen their individuality by giving them additional specific traits.

2) Class characteristics and skill configuration of Feoh Wizards

Awakened classDiversified classRole and characteristicsAcquirable skills
Feoh ArchmageA ranged magical Damage Dealer who, based on having the most MP and an increased MP recovery rate, specializes in AoE attacks.1. A magical attack skill that inflicts AoE damage by detonating Elemental Destruction.
2. A passive skill that increases M.Atk. by 1 level as well as max. MP and MP recovery rate.
Feoh SoultakerA ranged magical Damage Dealer who, based on strong debuff abilities, specializes in single-target attacks.1. A debuff skill that greatly reduces the target's M.Def. and resistance to the 6 Attributes.
2. A passive skill that increases M.Atk. by 1 level as well as max. MP and MP recovery rate.
Feoh WizardFeoh Mystic MuseA ranged magical Damage Dealer who, based on having the fastest Casting Speed, specializes in the ability to chant spells.1. A magical attack skill that inflicts damage on a single target by quickly detonating Elemental Destruction.
2. A passive skill that reduces the re-use time of skills.
Feoh Storm ScreamerA ranged magical Damage Dealer who, based on having the highest M.Atk., uses strong damage skills.1. A magical attack skill that inflicts damage on a single target by strongly detonating Elemental Destruction.
2. A passive skill that increases M. Atk. by 2 levels.
Feoh SoulhoundA combat mage who, based on a high P.Def. and by neutralizing enemies with Paralysis debuffs, plays an exceptional role in close battle too.1. A debuff skill that paralyses a nearby target and reduces the effectiveness of heals the target receives.
2. A buff skill that increases P.Def. for a certain period of time.
3. A passive skill that increases Magical Critical Hits and PvP damage.

3) Main points of the balance adjustment for the Feoh Wizard class
A. Power and range of attack skills are increased.
B. Re-use time and MP consumption of the lvl 85 skill Elemental Spike are reduced so that it can be used more freely.

3. Plan for the diversification of the Wynn Summoner class

1) General direction for the splitting up of the Wynn Summoner class
We are planning to conduct the splitting up of the Summoner series by letting the different classes learn summoning skills for their specific servitors. Those servitors, unique to each class, will have higher combat abilities than the present servitors (Bear/Cougar/Reaper).
However, in order to avoid the occurrence of differences in combat style and abilities, we are planning to design the combat style and abilities of the unique, class specific servitors which will be introduced with Chapter 3 in a way that they are identical.
After we have split up the classes and given each class its own new servitors, we are planning to introduce step by step more diversity in the combat styles.

2) Class characteristics and skill configuration of Wynn Summoners

Awakened Class

Diversified Class

Role and characteristics

Acquirable skills
Wynn Arcana LordA Summoner who employs high-grade servitors from the Cat series, increasing their P.Atk. and Critical Damage.1. A skill that summons a Tank-type servitor from the Cat series.
2. A skill that summons a close-distance Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Cat series.
3. A skill that summons a ranged Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Cat series.
4. A buff skill that increases the servitor's P.Atk. by 1 level and Critical Damage by 1 level.
Wynn SummonerWynn Elemental MasterA Summoner who employs high-grade servitors from the Unicorn series, increasing their Critical Damage.1. A skill that summons a Tank-type servitor from the Unicorn series.
2. A skill that summons a close-distance Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Unicorn series.
3. A skill that summons a ranged Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Unicorn series.
4. A buff skill that increases the servitor's Critical Damage by 2 levels.
Wynn Spectral MasterA Summoner who employs high-grade servitors from the Phantom series, increasing their P.Atk.1. A skill that summons a Tank-type servitor from the Phantom series.
2. A skill that summons a close-distance Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Phantom series.
3. A skill that summons a ranged Damage Dealer-type servitor from the Phantom series.
4. A buff skill that increases the servitor's P.Atk. by 2 levels.

3) Main points of the balance adjustment for the Wynn Summoner class
A. The maximum number of servitors which can be summoned, depending on level, will be reduced to 2.
B. Since the maximum number of summonable servitors will be reduced to 2, their stats will be increased by the same rate.
C. The debuffs of the Mark series will be adjusted upwards.
D. The range of usable weapons will be expanded; when a mage-type two-handed blunt resp. staff is equipped, P.Atk. will additionally increase.

<example illustrations for high-grade Cats - left (3rd class servitor) / right (high-grade servitor)>

4. Plan for the diversification of the Yul Archer class

1) General direction for the splitting up of the Yul Archer class
We are planning to split up the Archer series by adding class-specific continuous buffs.
The existing three toggle-type Stance skills will be changed to buff-type, and together with a newly added unique buff there will be a structure where the player can choose from 4 available buffs.
Unlike with the other Damage Dealer classes, there will be no additional attack skills. Buffs will be the only form of diversification.
The intention behind this way to diversify the Archer classes is to maintain the present play style.

2) Class characteristics and skill configuration of Yul Archers

Awakened Class

Diversified Class

Role and characteristics

Acquirable skills
Yul SagittariusA ranged physical Damage Dealer with balanced attack abilities who reliably attacks from a long distance.1. A continuous-type buff skill that increases P.Atk. and range.
2. A passive skill that increases P.Atk.
Yul ArcherYul Moonlight SentinelA ranged physical Damage Dealer who, with a background of high agility, attacks in quick succession.1. A continuous-type buff skill that increases P.Atk. and reduces skill re-use time.
2. A passive skill that increases Movement Speed.
Yul Ghost SentinelA ranged physical Damage Dealer who, with a background of high P.Atk. and skill power, delivers the strongest attacks.1. A continuous-type buff skill that increases P.Atk. and skill power.
2. A passive skill that increases skill power.
Yul TricksterA ranged physical Damage Dealer who specializes in P.Atk.and shows his strengths also in PvP.1. A continuous-type buff skill that increases P.Atk. and PvP damage.
2. A passive skill that increases PvP damage.

3) Main points of the balance adjustment for the Yul Archer class
A. The range of some skills will be increased.
B. The 3 toggle-type Stance skills will be changed to continuous-type buff skills and their effect will be adjusted
- Siege Fire Stance, Rapid Fire Stance, Sniper Stance

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to express my thanks for your active participation in the discussion and the revelations you have granted us.
Please supply us with many more comments, feedback and suggestions in which direction we should go with the diversified structure of those three classes.
The three best suggestions about the splitting up of each class will be rewarded with a Blessed Scroll R-95 Grade .

Thank you.

Source:
http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/board/foru ... eId=517459
Elmar

Re: About the splitting up of Wizard, Summoner and Archer

Postby AndreasK » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:27 am

After a quick look in translation, I can verify that cats, ponies and phantoms are back. I think summoners will be thrilled! Soultakers becoming close-distance mages (Battle mage)? That is a concept I would like to see...
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK

Postby gilby » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:59 am

Most interesting diversification is yet to come ISS enchanters. :D
gilby

Postby shiny » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 am

gilby wrote:Most interesting diversification is yet to come ISS enchanters. :D

qft. Can't wait to see the above translated.

OT: Elmar, i have a question if there's any info: If you're for example Human Tyrr, awakened, but decide to go the Tyrr Titan or Tyrr Berserker path, do you get changed into the appropriate race ? I mean , will that splitting affect your race , should you choose a different path ?
shiny

Postby AndreasK » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 am

shiny wrote:
gilby wrote:Most interesting diversification is yet to come ISS enchanters. :D

qft. Can't wait to see the above translated.

OT: Elmar, i have a question if there's any info: If you're for example Human Tyrr, awakened, but decide to go the Tyrr Titan or Tyrr Berserker path, do you get changed into the appropriate race ? I mean , will that splitting affect your race , should you choose a different path ?

I asked the same in a previous topic but this is not yet known. My concern was that since race affects statistics and they obsiously balance classes with racial attributes in mind, choosing a different specialization with another set of statistics might cause unforseen imbalances.

+1 to ISS diversification expectation :)
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK

Postby Elmar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 am

This is being discussed in China as well. One point of view is that in such a case you will look the same but get Human stats, like with the Stone of Destiny. Another point of view is that the racial skills (passive and active) will be downgraded. But that's all pure speculation - Namgung Gon has not yet addressed this topic.

Iss Enchanter and Aeore Healer are announced for next week Thursday, September 13:
http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/promotion/ ... orum/index
Elmar

Postby Sabotin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am

I should start learning Korean, this is getting ridiculously hard to understand even half-assedly :D .

Feoh Archmage:
- Area magic attack skill that is detonated by Elemental Destruction.
- Passive skill that increases M. Atk. by stage 1, max MP and MP recovery power.

Feoh Soultaker:
- Debuff skill that significantly reduces the magic resistance and resistance to 6 attributes of the target.
- Passive skill that increases M. Atk. by stage 1, max MP and MP recovery power.

Feoh mystic muse:
- Single target magic attack skill that is quickly detonated by Elemental Destruction.
- Passive skill that reduces cooldown.

Feoh Storm Screamer:
- Single target magic attack skill that is strongly detonated by Elemental Destruction.
- Passive skill that increases M. Atk. by stage 2.

Feoh Soul Hound:
- Debuff skill that paralyses a melee target and reduces the effectiveness of healing skills.
- Buff skill that increased P. Def. for a certain period of time.
- Passive skill that increases magic critical and PvP damage.

Wynn Arcana Lord:
- Summons a tank type cat.
- Summons a melee damage dealer type cat.
- Summons a ranged damage dealer type cat.
- Buff skill that increases the pets' P. Atk. by stage 1 and Critical Damage by stage 1.

Wynn Elemental Master:
- Summons a tank type unicorn.
- Summons a melee damage dealer type unicorn.
- Summons a ranged damage dealer type unicorn.
- Buff skill that increases the pets' Critical Damage by stage 2.

Wynn Spectral Master:
- Summons a tank type phantom.
- Summons a melee damage dealer type phantom.
- Summons a ranged damage dealer type phantom.
- Buff skill that increases the pets' P. Atk. by stage 2.

Yul Saggitarius:
- Buff skill that increases P. Atk. and range for its duration.
- Passive skill that increases P. Atk.

Yul Moonlight Sentinel
- Buff skill that increases P. Atk. and decreases skill cooldown for its duration.
- Passive skill that increases movement speed.

Yul Ghost Sentinel
- Buff skill that increases P. Atk. and skill power for its duration.
- Passive skill that increases skill power.

Yul Trickster
- Buff skill that increases P. Atk. and damage in PvP for its duration.
- Passive skill that increases damage in PvP

After all these presentations I'm getting a kinda bad feeling for my ex-domin. Party recovery melody and passive M. Atk. :roll: ? I know I shouldn't have expected too much, but it seems to me they're trying to distill the whole play style of a 3rd class into one or two skills.
Sabotin

Postby Elmar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 am

You are doing very well with those translations!

I have added them to the text :)
Elmar

Postby ZeroX » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Wait a second! No new cubics for summoner? That was what i was expecting the most! :(
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:27 pm

So are reapers gone cause they look so cool!

Also I don't see how summoners are diverse other than appearance.
KnightOfDarkness

Next

Return to Archer Classes