Hellooo

Re: Hellooo

Postby EclecicGroove » Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Great Fury is only going to be useful all around for PVE as mentioned previously. For PVP it will only be of use in certain parties. IE: it would be useless in a mage party 100% of the time, and only semi useful in a dagger party when they are stripping buffs or out of MP. On the other hand a party full of GK's or archers it would have a lot of use as they often do plenty of normal hits along with skills.

Gear wise I'd say stick with what you have till 84. If you can find a cheapo Dynasty Robe set go for it, but you will be better off waiting for Vesper or Vorpal robes for the + cast speed, stun resist, and + runspeed (assuming you noble the vesper robes if you get).

Both robe options are far superior to Dynasty, and overall better than Moir robes unless fighting a select few classes.

As far as the future of the class, and any of the identified enchanter classes goes... well, that's tough to say. I'm a Dominator main (and have an 83 DC alt) and I'm not a big fan of the combining of classes either. As noted by a few of the recent updates, the classes getting skills at different times means there will be people that are sought after for diff parties in order to gain access to skills. Which means all enchanters will not be equal until they all have the same skill set.

That will cause a disparity as you can only have 7 people in party, so at best you "might" be able to fit a second enchanter in at the cost of another person. It's either that or you are dragging something out of party for fill ins.

I don't think it's feasible for the system to work as they intended unless enchanters get all the same skills at the same levels. There's no way to balance the class in a party if BD/SWS are the only one's to get Song/Dance type buffs till 90+, WC/Prophet only ones to get all buffs till 90+, Domi only one to get debuffs/clan buffs till 90+, and Judi only ones get their special use buffs till 90+ etc. (90+ just being an assumption as I have no idea when they would all actually converge)

If that's the case you will still need to have 3-4 Enchanters hopping in and out of your party just to have the full set of buffs. I think they really need to go back to the drawing board with that.
EclecicGroove
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Hellooo

Postby Hiruzen » Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks for the answers, but that 's exactly why im afraid of continuing with my DC. I like the DC but im afraid of putting so much efford and things dont turn out the way im thinking...but like in real life we must go without any fears, so like i said i'll give it a try, lvl the 3 subs putting my DC as top as he can get and lets see then, if i did the right thing or not. If not ill ask my clan mates to give me a hand rerolling a new char ;). About the armors, im not a robe user, i think i get more stats with the light versions, since in most of my hunting i spam those stuns and burns, but yeah that vesper is in my sight! =)
Hiruzen
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am

Re: Hellooo

Postby AndreasK » Tue May 24, 2011 4:56 am

EclecicGroove wrote:As far as the future of the class, and any of the identified enchanter classes goes... well, that's tough to say. I'm a Dominator main (and have an 83 DC alt) and I'm not a big fan of the combining of classes either. As noted by a few of the recent updates, the classes getting skills at different times means there will be people that are sought after for diff parties in order to gain access to skills. Which means all enchanters will not be equal until they all have the same skill set.

That will cause a disparity as you can only have 7 people in party, so at best you "might" be able to fit a second enchanter in at the cost of another person. It's either that or you are dragging something out of party for fill ins.

I don't think it's feasible for the system to work as they intended unless enchanters get all the same skills at the same levels. There's no way to balance the class in a party if BD/SWS are the only one's to get Song/Dance type buffs till 90+, WC/Prophet only ones to get all buffs till 90+, Domi only one to get debuffs/clan buffs till 90+, and Judi only ones get their special use buffs till 90+ etc. (90+ just being an assumption as I have no idea when they would all actually converge)

If that's the case you will still need to have 3-4 Enchanters hopping in and out of your party just to have the full set of buffs. I think they really need to go back to the drawing board with that.


I completely agree. I hope NC come to their senses and make all enchanters the same from level 85. There is no room for uniqueness in a 7-person party and making them different will only cause problems for the early awakened parties.
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Hellooo

Postby MYSTERYouse » Tue May 24, 2011 8:47 am

Hiruzen wrote:Thanks for the answers, but that 's exactly why im afraid of continuing with my DC. I like the DC but im afraid of putting so much efford and things dont turn out the way im thinking...but like in real life we must go without any fears, so like i said i'll give it a try, lvl the 3 subs putting my DC as top as he can get and lets see then, if i did the right thing or not. If not ill ask my clan mates to give me a hand rerolling a new char ;). About the armors, im not a robe user, i think i get more stats with the light versions, since in most of my hunting i spam those stuns and burns, but yeah that vesper is in my sight! =)

Just play the character you like most. Accept any changes that may come and try to benefit from them or see them in a positive light.
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 103 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
User avatar
MYSTERYouse
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

Re: Hellooo

Postby EclecicGroove » Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Hiruzen wrote:Thanks for the answers, but that 's exactly why im afraid of continuing with my DC. I like the DC but im afraid of putting so much efford and things dont turn out the way im thinking...but like in real life we must go without any fears, so like i said i'll give it a try, lvl the 3 subs putting my DC as top as he can get and lets see then, if i did the right thing or not. If not ill ask my clan mates to give me a hand rerolling a new char ;). About the armors, im not a robe user, i think i get more stats with the light versions, since in most of my hunting i spam those stuns and burns, but yeah that vesper is in my sight! =)


As someone noted. Play what you like. Assuming they don't completely screw the game over, the work you put into your toon now will pay off in GoD. So it's not like you will have a worthless toon when the update hits. If yor DC winds up being kind of "meh" to you as an enchanter, then pick your a sub you like to be the dual class and work on that instead. Then you can keep the enchanter as the secondary.


And the robes are a must for the moment as a serious end game DC. The cast speed and MP is absolutely a necessity for PvP, sieges, Oly, and some of the more difficult raids as well if things go a bit south (as you may not have the luxury of mobs to beat up for MP). So you WILL need a robe set as things stand right now. And I'd say at this point you might as well wait till you're 84 and pick up a Vesper or Vorpal robe set.

For solo you can use whatever you like so long as it gets the job done. If you like light? Knock yourself out. I preferred heavy on my DC when I solo'd with the exception of old S grade where Drac was a better set. But I think Moirai is a better solo beat up set than any of the available light armor sets. But at 81 I'd hope you have more than a few parties, so shouldn't even be much of an issue.
EclecicGroove
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Hellooo

Postby AndreasK » Wed May 25, 2011 4:14 am

EclecicGroove wrote:And the robes are a must for the moment as a serious end game DC. The cast speed and MP is absolutely a necessity for PvP, sieges, Oly, and some of the more difficult raids as well if things go a bit south (as you may not have the luxury of mobs to beat up for MP). So you WILL need a robe set as things stand right now. And I'd say at this point you might as well wait till you're 84 and pick up a Vesper or Vorpal robe set.

For solo you can use whatever you like so long as it gets the job done. If you like light? Knock yourself out. I preferred heavy on my DC when I solo'd with the exception of old S grade where Drac was a better set. But I think Moirai is a better solo beat up set than any of the available light armor sets. But at 81 I'd hope you have more than a few parties, so shouldn't even be much of an issue.


I believe that selection of armor set should not be based on level, rather on player's content. Dynasty vs Vesper/Vorpal robe sets has better Pdef, better PvP bonus, better (lower) MP consumption, less casting speed, less MP, less Matk and lacks the stun resistance. Dynasty light costs a lot less than the robe sets.
-In PvE dynasty light is much better than these robe sets, due to increased Pdef (better survaviability). It allows you to withstand a lot more hits and stand near the melee to.
-In small scale PvP light also outperforms robe sets. MP pool is not an issue here since it will not take more than 1-2 rebuffs until fight is over (unless there more than one cancel sticks in opponent's party). Casting speed difference between light-robes is minimal and doesn't really factor in this case. Stun resistance will be missed but it can be replaced by other items/buffs.
-In sieges, robes are the clear winner. Many rebuffs in sort time may be required and here even the small difference in casting speed matters. Stun resistance is quite needed too.
-In Olympiad robes also are the clear winner. MP pool, casting speed, stun resistance and increased Matk give a clear advantage to them.

If someone mostly PvE (party/solo), raids, and occasionally PvP's dynasty light might be a better (and cheaper) choice. For sieges/olympiads the robe sets are a must.
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Hellooo

Postby EclecicGroove » Wed May 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I'd say small scale all depends. If you get even a single mana burn crit on you in robes that can be 1/4 of your MP pool gone in an instant. That will probably be 1/2 or more of your MP in light gone in 1 shot, let alone if you get hit with more than 1 (or get hit with backfire and you can't get cleansed before you need to toss out buffs).

I've just never found light or heavy to be worth the trade offs in any sort of PvP. Your healers/rechargers are priority targets over the DC so you are usually not getting hit before they are down. And if you are getting hit you're more survivable anyways so long as you have CP pots and they are healing.

Once I got to 78+ on the DC and had CoV, I've never bothered with another set other than robes on it (aside from subs of course). It's just never been needed. My Domi is a different story, but the playstyle is entirely different with the two solo due to soul guard.

As for Which robe set... I'd say it doesn't even matter from 76-83. Pick the cheapest one or the one you like the best. Dynasty Robes are perfectly acceptable. Heck, even an Arcana Robe set will do if you're PvE. They give a nice run speed bonus, good stun resist, and you can element them so you're not getting 1 shot in rough areas.

Then if you're solo or in a less demanding PvE party, as noted, just use whatever you like. It really doesn't matter so long as it works.
EclecicGroove
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Hellooo

Postby Hiruzen » Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks =), but as i was going to see something in the GoD, i came across with some info that the Healer was going to be the buffer and we the enchanter will take the role as second buffer / debuffer? Acting more like a Judicator...is that true? And what about the Exxion trailer? Are we going to be able to transform in mega power rangers? ( LOL )
Hiruzen
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am

Re: Hellooo

Postby EclecicGroove » Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 am

Hiruzen wrote:Thanks =), but as i was going to see something in the GoD, i came across with some info that the Healer was going to be the buffer and we the enchanter will take the role as second buffer / debuffer? Acting more like a Judicator...is that true? And what about the Exxion trailer? Are we going to be able to transform in mega power rangers? ( LOL )


Enchanters will be primary buffers. It seems like almost every other class is getting some manner of buffs however tho. So you can think of it as Enchanters as primary buffers, and everyone else is secondary buffers. Then Enchanter is backup healer/DD. They also have the Judicator style buffs with short duration/long reuse as well, but that's ina ddition to the normal full length buffs and songs/dance style buffs.

I think they are primary debuffers as well, but I can't be 100% certain on that without seeing the final skill list. But at the least it's a major role for crown control if nothing else.

Of course, that's just with the current info. Could all change again before long.
EclecicGroove
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Hellooo

Postby Hiruzen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:40 am

Hmm oki, lets see how the second part of the pts is gonna be =). One question for the DC's, what dyes would you recommend? I like being in pvp, olys and a little bit pve with my clan mates. I was thinking of putting fighters dyes but as i could see in olys/pvp i do alot better with a robe and a mage weapon, instead of a light armor version, so mage dyes all the way?
Hiruzen
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to Enchanter Classes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest