Dominator main char?

Dominator main char?

Postby Squirt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello,

Dominators are my favorite classes ever, but, lately I like pvp more, instead of supporting with CP. I still love running in & spamming seals. But is it still worth leveling one for DPS pvp?
I don't believe they are damage dealers in mass pvp, since one drain costs 140 mp and [with arcana mace] do 450 damage.
So, are Domi's still worth leveling if I prefer being a Damage Dealer?

Thanks!
Squirt

Re: Dominator main char?

Postby Draecke » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:12 pm

get a cancel dagger for whack enemies to regain mp and use acu blunt for spam debufs and ur fine to go as with ur 2 toggles u got a lot of pdef/patt
Draecke

Postby Hiruzen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Dominators are one of the strongest class out there, with you debuffs, fast heal and cp heal along side with the 2 toggle skills, unlike me ( DoomCryre ) that as only one :P, . Enchant your debuffs to +13/+15 and you will see how strong the Domi's can be =)
Hiruzen

Postby Squirt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 pm

True, but would it be any good using Steal essence in pvp? or useless?
and will ANY debuff land on dynasty/vesper with an arcana mace?
Squirt

Postby Draecke » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 pm

landrate is based on matt & epics/lvl so meh not that good i guess and if u use drain in mass pvp ur doing something wrong imo
Draecke

Postby EclecicGroove » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:56 am

Drain in PvP on a domi or dc is fail unless it's 1v1 or small scale.

Seal land rate depends on who you are trying to land them on as well as your gear and skill enchants. I've got pretty good gear and decent enchants on my Domi.... But against well geared level 84+ toons, even my +15 despair fails pretty often, and some of my high + other skills do as well. Anything below +10/+22ish is mostly useless on stacked toons. Not that you shouldn't try them, but they will take several casts to land unless they have lost their songs and/or buffs.

As to your preference to begin a DD, you will NOT be the toon on the field rocking faces and racking up kills with your damage as a Domi.

Your job is to cripple opponents, heal clan/party CP (and some hp with chain heal now if needed), and provide a handful of buffs.

The order you're expected to do those in will vary according to your party. IE: If you're the main buffer running in to drop seals on baddies and getting killed isn't really beneficial.
EclecicGroove

Postby Squirt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for your responce,
Yeah true, but wouldn't getting 76+ skills to +15, and normal skills 15+(even 22?) take at least 1,5 years? God, so much work!
Squirt

Postby Squirt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 pm

If I'd make a Domi (My fav class tbh, just played them on 5x though, nothing compared to official), I'd probably be a 24/7 CP/HP healer :< Since you don't need any enchants lol.
Squirt

Postby EclecicGroove » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Time it takes you to get skills +'d all depends on how much time you spend farming mastery books/adena and how often you have the SP.

And no matter what role you take, you ALWAYS need some skills ++ to be effective. Your CP heals can both be +'d for either cost or power to be more effective. Robe Mastery for Mdef and other passives for MP consumption/resist/survivability.

Domi's are very powerful, but like most toons now, just getting one to 85 and in s84 gear with some epics isn't enough be be very competitive. You can still be useful, but don't you want to be more useful than someone's boxed toon throwing Flames of Invincibility during a rush then running a macro for CP heals?
EclecicGroove

Postby khanrhy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 am

Are CP heals and HoP boosted by Sigil mastery and other buffs and items that boost heals?
khanrhy

Next

Return to Enchanter Classes