About the splitting up of Iss Enchanter and Aeore Healer

Re: About the splitting up of Iss Enchanter and Aeore Healer

Postby Elmar » Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Here are the official descriptions for the Enchanter skills in the export version of Lindvior:
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/l2_friend/ar ... next=31629
Elmar

Postby Trensharo » Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 pm

oderon wrote:I don't get it why you all say that dc is so bad that you exclude him from party.
yes, it may be not the optimal choice (pp is) but his performance will be comparable to bd/sws.

bd/sws new debuffs don't land that much, last only 10s and have long cooldown. freezing flame is spammable and provides some additional dps, especially on mobs/chars with high defense and reflects. you may say that dps from iss is not needed but that also excludes bd from party.

yes, combat cry drains mp but you're not obligated to use it all the time. if you could keep it constantly then who would go for bd/sws?
it is mostly to use when things go rough. and iss with his escape skills is not in the center of attention all the time.
for sure it won't be a class for boxing.

It won't be as good as SWS or BD. No one is going to be running that toggle 24/7. The other Isses, their passives and self-buffs are simply better.

Also, I'm speaking from a Min/Max perspective. Casuals won't care which Iss they get as long as they get buffs and the MOBs get debuffed, for the most part.

I'm going to miss Healing Melody having a low cost :-P
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby AndreasK » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 pm

oderon wrote:I don't get it why you all say that dc is so bad that you exclude him from party.
yes, it may be not the optimal choice (pp is) but his performance will be comparable to bd/sws.

bd/sws new debuffs don't land that much, last only 10s and have long cooldown. freezing flame is spammable and provides some additional dps, especially on mobs/chars with high defense and reflects. you may say that dps from iss is not needed but that also excludes bd from party.

yes, combat cry drains mp but you're not obligated to use it all the time. if you could keep it constantly then who would go for bd/sws?
it is mostly to use when things go rough. and iss with his escape skills is not in the center of attention all the time.
for sure it won't be a class for boxing.

Nobody said that DC will be excluded from parties. Bottomline: ISS is a support character; his job is to make everyone in party stronger and provide CC when possible. When compared to BD/SwS, Doomcryer has no CC skills. Even if the land rate of mass skill from BD/SwS is not so good, Doomcryer has none to offer (apart the ones he shares with other ISS). Freezing flame has only usage in Olympiad, it is completely useless in exp. Soul Cry could balance things out if it didn't have so big MP drain.
ISS 96/TYRR 89/PW 80/DESTRO 7x
GK 80 (retired)/ISS 86
AndreasK

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Wed May 29, 2013 6:06 pm

If freezing flame crits it could deal pretty good damage (for an iss) especially since the DOT gets a large DPS boost in episodion.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Dark Weapon » Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm

I think trensharo not understand oly, or why dc will be strongest among all iss in this.

DoT -> petrify -> dot crit spam while petrify -> transform -> dot spam while frog -> polymorph self -> again

It is foolish to not realize this power only DC has.

DC is expect to beating tank and summoner easily.
Dark Weapon

Postby Trensharo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Dark Weapon wrote:I think trensharo not understand oly, or why dc will be strongest among all iss in this.

DoT -> petrify -> dot crit spam while petrify -> transform -> dot spam while frog -> polymorph self -> again

I don't care about Olympiad, I think you missed that memo a long time ago.

But I'm well aware that there are players that will gimp themselves in multiple ways just to pwn the Olympiad... It's always been that way. Don't think I even mentioned the Olympiad in any of my posts. I tend to avoid mentioning PvP at all, cause I don't really care about it. I play other games to PvP.
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby Retribution » Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 am

Trensharo wrote:
Dark Weapon wrote:I think trensharo not understand oly, or why dc will be strongest among all iss in this.

I don't care about Olympiad, I think you missed that memo a long time ago.

But I'm well aware that there are players that will gimp themselves in multiple ways just to pwn the Olympiad... It's always been that way. Don't think I even mentioned the Olympiad in any of my posts. I tend to avoid mentioning PvP at all, cause I don't really care about it. I play other games to PvP.

Well, I realize that everyone plays this game for their own reasons, but I'm trying out DC for a few weeks to see what I think about it in Oly. In open pvp the self-buff/passive that BD/SWS get is far more manageable; however, the DPS of any enchanter is meaningless in pvp and they are usually last to be targeted so even their survivability isn't all that important (everyone else is usually dead by the time they get around to the ISS). Perhaps things will change a bit now that the DPS is so high that ppl will die on rez before noble more often, but even then if an ISS gets focused on the only thing saving it is polymorph, which they all have. The aoe skills can be useful, but they won't be game changers. I agree that the DC Dot will be mainly for Oly, but if grp pvp/pve is that important to you then you should make a PP ISS anyways as the reuse > all for both of those.
Retribution

Postby Hax » Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am

idk if beating tanks will be that easy with cubic protection.
same for healers and other isses.
Rest classes mb, dunno
Hax

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Thu May 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Cubic protection has windows of opportunity. The main thing to worry about is getting it reflected on yourself.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Retribution » Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Yea I'm not sure what it will and won't beat. In class based the PP is going to be strong if it's using an eva's rune on top of that passive and reuse jewels. I think the DC has potential to be really strong in Oly, but I'm not sure that I will personally be able to manage it to the degree required. I'm looking at it as a challenge for a few weeks while I make a final decision.
Retribution

PreviousNext

Return to Enchanter Classes