Low level spoiler leveling.

Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Squirt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Good day!

I'm about to make a spoiler, but due to the recent changes I am wondering about a few things for farming at lower spoiling/farming (lv 20-40).

First of all, I am wondering if it's most profitable spoiling in cata's for SOP/CBP etc in lv 20-40 cata's? since they are easy to kill etc. It would be pretty hard killing lv 70+ mobs with NPC buffs only [I dont have any buffers]. and, the spoils would be quite disappointing. So, overall, wouldn't 1 hour spoiling lv 20-40 cata's (or eventually porta's for CBP) more profitable than lv 70-75 spoils?

Also, how should I mainly farm? I would love to use light+dagger, for the crit rate buff on lv 28 & the dps would be higher then with a blunt [Right?]. The only downside would be the lower pdef.
Or should I use a polearm+heavy, try to aoe & waste a shitload of HP pots etc? I mean, it's more fun, and I could mass spoil+mass sweep. But wouldn't I be out of MP within a few trains?
Notice: I do not have any buffers, nor pets. I only use npc buffs.

Thanks everyone <3!
Squirt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Manwe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:40 am

On the AOE issue .. I tried to AOE with a lower level warlord sub .. Kinda worked at 40's and 50's (Outlaw Forest & Seal of Shillien) but from then on it was either impossible or not worth it (tried some times outside Godard). There is a huge gap untill 76+ where FOG makes it good again. My conclusions about AOE with pole were mixed .. It can be done but if you don't have very good gear and some support (aka not just NPC buffs) it's either very hard or not worth it. There is also the issue with MP / HP. At lower levels you have to use skills and you loose some HP. You can't really kill with /attack. So there is an extra issue .. You got to be in a herb area at least .. If you consider that

1) You need some packed / aggro mobs
2) Some corners
3) Herbs
4) Do your own trains
5) Not use skills very often (so mp herbs will be enough)

The choices are close to none from 60 -> 76 for AOE

OFC there are many ppl that insist that it can be done .. Most of them had high level DC/BD giving all buffs / dances and getting OOP and overenchanted - SA'd - Augmented weapons & highly enchanted armors / jewels. Even then, i really doubt that the XP gained (untill 76+ & Dynasty at FOG) really worth it. I mean, if you need uber gear & 3 OOP high level toons ... Does the XP you get scales proportionaly to the resources used ? Is it 3 times better compared to what you would get solo ? I can't be absolutely sure but my guess is that it's not ..

Anyway, that only me, amateur poler on sub with not so great gear so kinda noob .. Some more experienced poler could really help you out.

I decided to level my spoiler with the "safe" heavy armor + blunt combo combined with a wolf. I get some decent XP considering that i solo with NPC buffs .. Later on I may try the light armor + dager combo ..

Check http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=216089 where I asked for some info about some of the things you mention
Manwe
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Squirt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Hmm, i see! Thank you very much for your info.

So, would you say; Level 20-40, spoiling in catacombs (no herbs etc), should I AOE? Or use heavy+blunt like you ;D, or just a dagger+light? Since the I will kill mobs 4-6 levels lower then me, the damage wouldn't be to much. Especially with top D.

Also, where do you spoil? Branded catacombs etc? Or Porta's for CBP? I didnt play retail for years, played it at C1 to C3, about to return at the end of june.

As you said, poling on lower levels would take alot of pots/mana etc, I would have to rest way to much (I could ask a recharger in town though, but I dont think there are any lv 20-50 people still ingame, most people are 80+).
And i'm planning on staying level 20-40 on my spoiler, to get some nice & easy mats. Since there isn't really any nice spoiling places at lv 52-65. [lv 70+ probably Wall of archos, the angels, decent CBP, but will take to much work killing them with npc buffs only]
Squirt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Squirt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Manwe wrote:On the AOE issue .. I tried to AOE with a lower level warlord sub .. Kinda worked at 40's and 50's (Outlaw Forest & Seal of Shillien) but from then on it was either impossible or not worth it (tried some times outside Godard). There is a huge gap untill 76+ where FOG makes it good again. My conclusions about AOE with pole were mixed .. It can be done but if you don't have very good gear and some support (aka not just NPC buffs) it's either very hard or not worth it. There is also the issue with MP / HP. At lower levels you have to use skills and you loose some HP. You can't really kill with /attack. So there is an extra issue .. You got to be in a herb area at least .. If you consider that

1) You need some packed / aggro mobs
2) Some corners
3) Herbs
4) Do your own trains
5) Not use skills very often (so mp herbs will be enough)

The choices are close to none from 60 -> 76 for AOE

OFC there are many ppl that insist that it can be done .. Most of them had high level DC/BD giving all buffs / dances and getting OOP and overenchanted - SA'd - Augmented weapons & highly enchanted armors / jewels. Even then, i really doubt that the XP gained (untill 76+ & Dynasty at FOG) really worth it. I mean, if you need uber gear & 3 OOP high level toons ... Does the XP you get scales proportionaly to the resources used ? Is it 3 times better compared to what you would get solo ? I can't be absolutely sure but my guess is that it's not ..

Anyway, that only me, amateur poler on sub with not so great gear so kinda noob .. Some more experienced poler could really help you out.

I decided to level my spoiler with the "safe" heavy armor + blunt combo combined with a wolf. I get some decent XP considering that i solo with NPC buffs .. Later on I may try the light armor + dager combo ..

Check http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=216089 where I asked for some info about some of the things you mention



Oh god! I just realised you're JohnDoe! I read ALOT of your messages haha! Since I can't post any on my own [No official L2 account yet, due to work no time]

You are famous to me!
Squirt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Manwe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

I really can't remember where I leveled my dwarfs 1->50. Even if I did most of places were changed during years. In my humble opinion levels till 40-50 will come so fast that there is really no point doing some heavy research about that. Unless you want to maximize something, eg spoiling a specific mat. Which also does not worth it imho because there is no crafting nowadays. What I would do would be to use as less adena possible and level up as faster. There are still some lowbies around doing subs or rolling a new toon because they have reached 85,100% on their main.

I would extensively use shadow / common weapons and shots only, no other consumables or adena sinks.
I would search for some kamalokas, they give some 50%-60% boosts in lower levels while not droping your vitality like if you hunted normal mobs.
I would avoid cata's, not really good XP and the AA business not that profitable, NPC sell AA/A at 4/1, I am convinced that by NPC all items you get during normal hunting would get more profit.
Leveling a wolf would be a nice idea, when the wolf will be able to kill it will add more dps than XP "stolen" so it's a win-win situation. Because you get 30% more drops for the same XP while XP is still faster. If you can handle the cost for pet food when you are still very low level you will not regret it later where a decently geared fenrir really worths its money.

I cannot remember, but I would use "World Info" map function for areas to XP 1->40
I can remember that I have played at Ivory Tower (base and surroundings) at mid 40's
I cna also remember that I hav moved to Outlaw Forest later on
I can remember that I have played at Seal of Shilien, killing orc's
I can remember that I played a lot at frozen labyrinth area spoiling CBP
I also remember that i did some XP at Forsaken Plains
And I also can tell you that Godard surroundings are a "clasic" XP spot for 60's (depending on gear / buffs / pet)

Some ppl also preffer Valley of Saints and Forest of the Dead. I am sick of those places, spent too much time there on my Nuker to go again :)

Sorry but it's been so long since i really played one of my dwarfies at 1->55, can't really remember exactly but those suggestions above worked decently for some subs / alts
Manwe
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Manwe » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am

My spoiler hit 73 thanks to the double XP and GM buff / vit refills.

Any suggestion for spots where I could solo ?

Adventurer Buffs
Fenrir 75 with mid equip
Top A Blunt +4 (no SA)
Normal Maj Heavy Set +3 (not common)

Should I try SV wiht Frnrir ? Maybe I need to change to Talum for the poison resist ?
Any specific spot a Pavel ? (never played at that area, I was out of level when re-introduced)
Manwe
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Nuku » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am

Seeing you have a Fenrir you could try SV at that level yeah, see how it goes.
User avatar
Nuku
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: NL

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Krissa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Manwe wrote:Should I try SV wiht Frnrir ? Maybe I need to change to Talum for the poison resist ?

With or without Fenrir. Tallum will also be good for DPS. You are with a blunt, you don't really need that +Accuracy from Majestic.

Manwe wrote:Any specific spot a Pavel ? (never played at that area, I was out of level when re-introduced)

Any pit. Just drop down and start hitting. The mobs are passive and non-social (the bigger golems spawn an one-time aggro copy when killed). If the place is too boring and you want some challenge, kill the devices (each of them spawns 2 bigger aggro golems when killed; they also drop element stones, but the drop rate sucks).
Krissa
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Agamidae » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 am

Bit late reply,

I'm lvl 76 BH sub and am considering to make it my main...

Did my dorf with light + dagger at Cgrade, switched to hvy + blunt at Bgrade, for Agrade i had a 2 hander blunt and still think 1 hander or 2 hander blunt it's the way to go now ... with a (common) pole for anny aoe party...

I usualy have some oop support and use a wolf often when solo...
I wouldn't use wolf if u dont have atleast VR3 for it tho, it will just pull agro and die all the time (picking up herbs with a wolf takes more time than it's worth too)...

I poled in branded cata at low lvl when mobs are green, used an improved baby buffalow that kept me alive well enaugh, just watch out that u dont pull mobs when HP not full, buffalow will go on a suacide run trying to heal u.

Till Agrade I mainly was in cata's, spoils alot of animal bones, usualy could pay expences of SS from keymats only, Cem is also a very fast place to grind... High bgrade and Agrade i went swamp of screams and outside of goddard...

The higher lvl the dord becomes the more proffitable it will be ... Even with newbie buffs only it will be doable to grind in melee weak spots or on green mobs.

Lvling baby pet to improved baby pet is a walk in the park and I'll advise u to do so, they are very usefull...

Hope info helps :-)
Agamidae
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 am

Re: Low level spoiler leveling.

Postby Manwe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks for all tips.
Nuku wrote:Seeing you have a Fenrir you could try SV at that level yeah, see how it goes.

I am doing that currently, goes pretty well specially when MP herbs drop rate favors me, or with good buffs, or using Milk. I think that i will stick to SV for a couple of levels (currently 75,50%) with some help from friends for buffs and / or milks.
Krissa wrote:With or without Fenrir. Tallum will also be good for DPS. You are with a blunt, you don't really need that +Accuracy from Majestic.

Yup, you are right, I had the Majestic set for the stun resisst and to avoid misses when playing with Fenrir at pink mobs. Now it seems that I don't really need it. Since I didn't have a talum set and the Majestic is +4/3/3/3 was giving some more P.Def bonus, I kept it. Currently, at 75.50% I think that buying a Talum Set is not worth it (or it does?) because I will open the Hero Treasure chest to get the Dynasty gear when I hit 76 and do the 3rd class transfer.
Krissa wrote:Any pit. Just drop down and start hitting. The mobs are passive and non-social

Ty for the tip, I feel that I am already out of range for Pavel since I can XP at SV, I feel that XP there is better (or not?)
Agamidae wrote:I wouldn't use wolf if u dont have atleast VR3 for it tho, it will just pull agro and die all the time (picking up herbs with a wolf takes more time than it's worth too)...
The higher lvl the dord becomes the more proffitable it will be ... Even with newbie buffs only it will be doable to grind in melee weak spots or on green mobs.
Lvling baby pet to improved baby pet is a walk in the park and I'll advise u to do so, they are very usefull...
Hope info helps :-)

Yup, you are right about the wolf getting to much aggro / having HP problems. I solved that in previous level by having the wolf picking up everything so it got buff/HP from herbs. The problem is that it picks up rather slowly compared to the main toon and that I had to watch out for MP herbs so the wolf would not pick up them instead of me. Anywayz, at SV mobs do not attack the wolf so the problem is temporarily solved. I can pickup with the dwarfie and use the wolf for the extra damage without having to care about pates buffs / HP. I did not level a pet because I already have a level 79 kooka and I used the Fenrir all the way up and it got to level 76.

Current situation ..
Dwarf Level 75,50%
Fenrir Level 76,25%
XP at SV

I could really use some new advice :)

My plan would be to keep XP'ing at SV to get 76 and do the 3rd class transfer quest. Then to open the free gear chest. According to http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=214916 and since Dynasty can be used at level 76, I guess that there is no need to use S-Grade gear (correct or I am missing something ? is there any S-grade part I should use for some reason?) that would mean that the possible / meaningful gear available (for solo) would be (I guess, correct me if I am wrong)

Dynasty Breastplate, Gaiters, Gauntlets, Boots, Helmet and Shield, +4 Dynasty Cudgel - Health, Dynasty Necklace, Earrings and Rings.

Items are shadow, I can have them for 3 months so I am trying to make a 76->80 in 3 months plan (and then rethink about leveling more and buying armor & weapon). With that kind of gear I was thinking of moving a bit deeper at SV when solo with milk / duo with buffer, trying to make some GC parties when a couple of friends are online with their mains and BD/WC boxes to help me a bit, even try join some FOG parties as assist poler with the "free" +4 Dynasty Halberd - Critical Stun.

That's my plan, but since I don't really have any real world experience with a pure DD class above 76 I could really use some new hints / tips / info

Last thought .. Element stones are quite cheap nowadays. The weapon is Dynasty +4 with SA and I will use it for 3 months .. The weapon CAN be element-ed .. I will need ~55 stones to make a 150 element weapon .. Depending on element, buy store prices and success rate it would cost 30m-60m to make a 150 element version. I will loose everything when item times out but .. I am starting to feel that having the 150 element for 3 months worth's the 40m invested. In that case, for some SV/GC relaxed PVE, mostly solo with Milk (due to summertime), what element should I choose ?

Thanks again.
Manwe
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am

Next

Return to Rogue Classes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest