83+ Spoiler Gear

83+ Spoiler Gear

Postby Manwe » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:07 am

Due to all those Xp Events, GC lower, DV and help from friends, I reached 83,15% way faster than I could imagine. Still 70+ days on Hero Treasure Box Gear so I am starting to wonder .. MB skip S80 gear completely and get S84 that I could use at GoD till 90+ since 85->90 seems to be very fast ?

I had not time to make experiments on my own and since leveling was so fast no point investing adena to try different gear. I guess that by the time Box Gear times out i ll be 84 so I could take the opportunity to build up S84 armor / weapon taking advantage of any Aden opportunities next 1+ month.

For a decent PvE (in parties) with some abilities to solo / duo and some decent Oly presence at low points section what gear would you suggest ?

Heavy + Blunt or Light + Dual Daggers ? (I don't have the ability to get both and switch according to situation), Btw the level 83 skill Lucky Blow that requires dual daggers looks pretty strong. Is there a catch like very long reuse ? Can I count on Backstab / Deadly Blow skills or need to enchant to a very high level to be useful (they stop leveling at 74). Is FS81 skill Dual Dagger Mastery an absolute prerequisite to equip dual daggers or just a bonus from passive ?

What's the cons / pros of each choice or of any other combos ? By leveling so fast just spoiling in parties I am pretty clueless about real effects of armor bonuses for that class

Worth trying to make a Vorpal set for that class or Moirai/Vesper Sets are about the same ? I mean for other classes I have some experience with I can tell for sure that Vorpal really shines or does not give that much of extra but again, for spoiler, idk. Seeing some very good deals on Vorpal armor pieces sell below 50M, price of element stones and the ability to get at least one part from Oly now is really tempting if it gives something good to dorf as set.

Any preferable dye setup ? I have a +4Str -4Con from ancient level 50 times, shall I remove it ? Or it depends on which setup I would choose ?
Manwe

Re: 83+ Spoiler Gear

Postby Smittie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:57 am

Light and dagger.

Unless you are a hardcore pvper, and then you might want heavy and a blunt to stun, but for pve heavy and blunt sux.

Also, the awakening of spoiler is the new dagger class, unless you have plans to awaken into something totally different.
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Agamidae » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:25 am

Only reason i can think of not to go dual daggers + light is if u pole all the time...
In any other case I would go light (for Potential Ability) and keep a blunt for stun:
Make stun macros (for oly) : switch blunt > stun > switch dual daggers.

In GoD BH will be a rogue so it's not worth it to invest in a heavy set that u probably can't even use anymore...

I'm getting dual daggers + moirai light at lvl 81... I've read you can get R85 gear from quest in GoD so till then I'll use moirai light.
Agamidae

Postby Manwe » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:14 am

tyvm for all info.

Following your advice I went Light + Dual Daggers (235 Holy atm). Traded my Moirai Robe Set for Light Set and Icarus Spirit for Icarus Dual Daggers. Zero cost of the gear because of trades seemed much more important than the benefits of higher level gear. So, now

Spoiler 83,40%
Moirai LA Set 3x60
Icarus Dual Daggers +4 235 Holy

Any tips for solo Hunting Grounds for the lonely times where there is no LoA/DV/GC parties up ?
Any tips for dyes ?
Anything else worth mentioning ?

tyvm again
Manwe

Postby Smittie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:59 am

I've been trying to find a good spot for my spoiler too (Moi light 3*60, Ica +4 dual daggers 300 fire) but havent really found many good spots yet.

Beast farms seems like a good money spot, but exp sux hardcore lol.

DV - drakos and necros, easy good exp, but not many good spoils.

As for dyes, im using +4str +4 dex -8 con.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Draecke » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am

try ground floor MoS ? if no bufs go Den of Evil..
Draecke

Postby Smittie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:47 pm

I box 81 Doomcryer and 77 BD for my spoiler.

I tried ground floor MoS, even though I have 0 holy resist in my armor. It's way too easy, I never lose any hp, and no mob ever went blue. This was during 2 buff rounds. Either I was really unlucky with spoils, or they have really good stuff with low rates >.<

Den of evil is also too easy with too many obstacles for boxing.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 am

if u have access to dc & bd then yeah killing the 3 angels on the 1st floor is better or go stakato nest but I was actually answering Manwe's post as I don't think he has that kind of boxes ?
Draecke

Postby Smittie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 am

What 3 angels on the 1st floor? I found only monks. And they die way too easy.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 am

the hallway before going to the top floors aka just past the quest npc, they have a fast respawn rate drop good spellbooks to sell like turn to stone and spoil vesper robe recs which at the very least get you a few mill if you npc them in town..
Draecke

Next

Return to Rogue Classes