About the splitting up of the Othell Rogue class

About the splitting up of the Othell Rogue class

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am

Are you all well? I am Namgung Gon.

Our third discussion topic will be the splitting up of the Othell Rogue class.

Before I start with the concrete explanations, let me talk about the general direction we at the Development Department thought we would take with the splitting up of the Othell Rogue class.

As I have mentioned in a previous article, the diversification of the various Awakening classes can be brought about in different ways.

Let me explain here what we at the Development Department refer to as differences in the degree of specialization of each class.
The term "degree of specialization" encompasses taking into account the difference between the individual characteristics of pre-Awakening classes belonging to a given class group, i.e. one of the present Awakening classes, as well as the importance such a class has for forming a party.

The present Othell Rogue class consists of Adventurers, Wind Riders, Ghost Hunters and Fortune Seekers who have gone through the Awakening process.
In the case of Adventurer, Wind Rider and Ghost Hunter we are trying to revive the charm of each of those three classes while maintaining during this specialization process such a set of characteristics that lets them show similar, only slightly differentiated abilities.
In the case of the Fortune Seeker we are trying to give the class a distinctive place of its very own as well as enough abilities so that it can fully play an undiluted and independent role.
※ This is not yet confirmed, but let me first explain in a general way how we plan to split up the class.

1. Diversified structure of the Othell Rogue class

1) Awakening skills
The Othel Rogue group will, apart from the changes entailed by the adjustment in overall class balance, basically keep almost the complete skill set they have now. However, I must report here that since the Fortune Seeker class is scheduled to be performing a special role, there needs to be an adjustment concerning the Plunder skill that those characters newly get when they Awaken to Othell Rogue.
We have come to the conclusion that in order to strengthen the unique characteristics of that class and clearly define its role as a bounty hunter, it will be best to set up a skill structure where their Plunder skill is deleted. Instead, they will be able to learn damage dealing skills consistent with their specific character as a class of its own, as well as greatly enhanced item acquisition skills.

2) Awakening structure
Similar to the Awakening structure of the Sigel Knight group, already Awakened Othell Rogues will be able to select one from among the 4 classes in their group.

3) Class-specific acquisition of new, diversified skills
In order to obtain a class-specific identity as well as to be able to fulfill their particular role, characters will be able to learn new skills which are basically a continuation of their 3rd class abilities.

2. Concept of the different classes and acquirable skills after diversification

▶ Each class will acquire differentiated skills which are based of the particular characteristics of the corresponding pre-Awakening class.
The acquirable skills will follow in their name and visual animation the existing 2nd/3rd class skills.

1) Othell Adventurer
Can, through a perfect unison of Crit.Rate and Critical Damage as well as through high CON and survival tricks, fulfill the role of a stable Damage Dealer. Possessing Mirage-type skills of long duration and the ability to become immune against debuffs, this class can use Hate Aura and cancel debuffs instantly. Thereby it is among all the Rogue classes the one which shines most in mass PvP.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillFor a certain period of time provides a chance to cancel the target of an attacking enemy.
Passive SkillIncreases Critical Damage and Crit.Rate by 1 level, increases maximum HP.
Active SkillInstantly increases vital spot attack success rate by 1 level and grants immunity against debuffs.

2) Othell Wind Rider
Can, through a high Crit.Rate and Evasion as well as a high Movement Speed, fulfill the role of an agile, fast attacking Damage Dealer. The Othell Wind Rider executes in the blink of an eye a series of quick, consecutive attacks, hitting with a high probability vital spots, he boasts the highest agility and can thus maximize the strengths of a Rogue who freely chooses his position and attacks primarily from behind.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillInstantly evades physical skill attacks.
Passive SkillIncreases Crit.Rate and Movement Speed by 2 levels, increases Evasion.
Active SkillFor a certain period of time increases vital spot attack success rate by 2 levels, increases Critical Damage for Backstab-type attacks. Decreases skill cooldown.

3) Othell Ghost Hunter
Can, through high Critical Damage, play the role of a Damage Dealer who can keep up the strongest and most stable damage output. The Othell Ghost Hunter possesses a high success rate for Blow-type attacks and skills with the highest Critical Damage. His most dangerous trick are consecutive Blow attacks which enable him to overcome his lack in survival abilities by momentarily increasing his damage output to a maximum level.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillMomentarily reflects physical skill damage.
Passive SkillIncreases Critical Damage by 2 levels, increases Movement Speed by 1 level.
Active SkillFor a certain period of time increases vital spot attack success rate by 2 levels, increases Critical Damage for Backstab-type attacks.

4) Othell Fortune Seeker
Can, while possessing a basic background of melee damage dealing, play a unique role granted to him through the ability of item collection. He has the best defense among all the Rogues, and with his enhanced collection abilities he can, even more than now, engage in the acquisition of rare and valuable items from a great number of monsters.

※ Acquirable skills

Active SkillInflicts damage on a monster while obtaining additional items.
Active SkillInflicts damage on a great number of surrounding monsters while obtaining additional items.
Passive SkillIncreases P.Def. and P.Atk.

3. Balance adjustment of the Rogue classes

In order to properly revive the concept of the old Dagger classes, we are going to conduct an additional balance adjustment for the Rogue series.
Let me now talk about the main points of what we have currently under review.

1. Improvement of Mass PvP
Relieving of the problem with not being able to bring abilities to bear during combat because skills are getting neutralized in mass PvP situations.

2. Change in the formula for Blow-type attacks
Fundamentally improving the Blow skill damage. We are considering to increase the power of Blow-type skills by giving the character's DEX value an influence on the damage created by those skills.

3. Adjustment in the combat abilities of the Othell Fortune Seeker
Since the Othell Fortune Seeker alone will be allowed to keep the role of a Spoiler he possesses now, we are at present investigating whether or not we should, with the exception of some of the combat skills of the other Othell Rogues, downgrade his fighting abilities.

We at the Development Department have been analyzing the specific characteristics of the Othell Rogue. In our effort to revive the peculiarities of the diversified classes, we have worked out the plan for a skill adjustment as laid out above.
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to express my gratefulness for your active participation in the discussion and for the revelations you have already granted us. Please provide us with feedback and many additional suggestions about the diversified structure of the Rogue classes and the direction we should take there.
Your esteemed insights are a great help for us who we are at present agonizing over the direction we should take. Especially the active participation of those of you who have leveled an Othell Rogue would be greatly appreciated.
The three best suggestions about the class diversification will be rewarded with one Blessed Scroll R-95 Grade each.

Thank you.

Source:
http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/board/foru ... eId=516319
Elmar

Re: About the splitting up of the Othell Rogue class

Postby RapidBlades » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 am

Well sounds fair this class changes, than seems if the NC already told too, that we will get skills what will be deleted at Othell Rogues can get delete the next ones:
1. Evasive Counterstrike
2. Mass Trick
3. Plunder
4. Throw Poison Needle
5. Poison Zone

So normally I guess the Adventurer, Wind Rider, Ghost Hunter won't change a lot as its exist role was. But will be question, what kind of setup get finally the Fortune Seeker.
FS should get some nice boost to his P.Atk and P. Def than, because anyone won't have too many chance against the another daggers.
RapidBlades

Postby Sabotin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 am

Just the crunchy part:

Othell Adventurer

Active Skill: For a certain period of time provides a chance to cancel the target of an attacking enemy.
Passive Skill: Stage 1 increase of critical attack rate and damage, increase of maximum HP.
Active Skill: Momentarily increases vital spot attack success rate and grants debuff immunity.

Othell Wind Rider

Active Skill: Momentarily evade physical skill attacks.
Passive Skill: Stage 2 increase of critical attack rate and speed, increase evasion.
Active Skill: For a certain period of time stage 2 increase of vital spot attack success rate and rear critical damage. Decreases skill cooldown.

Othell Ghost Hunter

Active Skill: Momentarily reflect physical skill damage.
Passive Skill: Stage 2 increase of critical damage, stage 1 increase of speed.
Active SKill: For a certain period of time stage 2 increase of vital spot attack success rate and rear critical damage.

Othell Fortune Seeker

Active Skill: Inflicts damage on a monster while obtaining additional items.
Passive Skill: ???
Active Skill: Physical defense and damage increase
(Is it possible they switched the active/passive for the second two skills? Then they would be a passive P. Def. and P. Atk increase and an AoE damage + spoil. It would seem more logical and the third skill doesn't say anything about a period of time like the active buffs for the other classes)
Sabotin

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks a lot, Sabotin! I have copied your translations into the text :)

The second Othell Fortune Seeker skill sounds like an improved version of Spoil Festival. But that would indeed be an active skill. Possibly this is a typo by Namgung Gon. Give me some time until I have translated more, maybe I can solve it from context.
Elmar

Postby ZeroX » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

The couter attack+dodge was definitely gonna be split again, looking forward for fortune seeker's features :)
Wonder how those passive works, seems to be some sort of trigger (stages..)
ZeroX

Postby Sabotin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I think that's just used to describe the relative skill power. E.g. the passive increase in critical damage for Ghost Hunters will be higher than that for Aventurers.
Sabotin

Postby firenza » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:05 pm

so they break spoiling and now gonna remove it from othell(non dwarf) ya parts gonna be awesome on the new servers after this.
firenza

Postby Elmar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Namgung Gon has worded this ambiguously. I personally understand it so that the traditional Dagger classes keep the present Plunder skill, while Othell Fortune Seekers will get a new, better spoiling skill. It all depends on the success rates of both varieties, but if the developers really want Fortune Seekers to play a special role, it is to be expected that the present Plunder won't be much use any more in Chapter 3.
Elmar

Postby Smittie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Maybe thats why they nerfed the current plunder?
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby firenza » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Elmar wrote:Namgung Gon has worded this ambiguously. I personally understand it so that the traditional Dagger classes keep the present Plunder skill, while Othell Fortune Seekers will get a new, better spoiling skill. It all depends on the success rates of both varieties, but if the developers really want Fortune Seekers to play a special role, it is to be expected that the present Plunder won't be much use any more in Chapter 3.

dont know how it is in KR, but i dont think the dwarf othell population is good in newer NA servers. i dont see people lvling a "spoiler" to 90+ or even 95+ just to spoil items. keeping the current and adding one to dwarf would be best case. but, will probably end up worse case.

@smittie

it got messed up when drop rates got messed up. tauti rate ftl
firenza

Next

Return to Rogue Classes